The start of a new me!

coopsyy

Hi there! :)

I found this site on google and decided to sign up. I've been big for a long time, been chubby since a little kid. When i was younger they thought it was down to thyroid problems (that my dad also has) but turns out i was just fat, aha! :p My weight started increasing towards the end of secondary school, 14/15 years old, and then into college. Due to various family problems, it was a very stressful time, on top of being in emergency accomodation 20miles away from my school because we'd been made homeless, and the weight just went up and up from there. It's time to get my bum into gear and lose weight/get healthy!

I've always ignored it, and so have my family, but knew deep down I know to do something about it. I've tried to lose weight before, but always crave in and eat something fatty, which just made me feel worse about my weight and gave up. At my heaviest I weighed about 17st, at 18. I curently weigh 15st8lb, 19 years old and 5"4 (just about). At the start of november, when I decided I needed to take action, I weighed just over 16st.

So now has come the time i'm going to try to lose weight again and generally get healthy! Though, this time, i'm not calling it a diet, not restricting myself any specific type of food - as this would just demotivate me if i did cave in. Instead, i'm going to start off slowly, watching what I eat and try and make it more healthy ie more fruit and veg, and slowly decrease portion sizes. My weakness is savory foods tbh over sweet things, oh and chinese (gotta love a chinese!) so gonna treat myself occasionally or i think i'd go mad. I have a cross trainer/exercise bike at home, which I bought last january and haven't really used since :ashamed0005: So going to try and go on that, and my new swimming costume should be coming in the post tomorrow so can start going swimming again :D Also started a food diary, so i can keep track of what i'm eating (though i won't bore everyone with that on here, thats safely in Microsoft Word :p)

Ideally, i'd like to get down to 8/9st, a healthy weight for my height. But i'd be happy with 10/11st. So if my target is 10st, I have 6st to lose :O Just wanted some support/advice from like minded people! And so started this diary so I can keep track of my progress!

Thanks for taking the time to read :) xx

Week 1 - 12/11/12 - 16st 1lb
Week 2 - 19/11/12 - 15st 10lb
Week 3 - 26/11/12 - 15st 8lb

Going well so far, and tbh I haven't really exercised (expect 10 hour night shifts at work stacking shelves!) and have just been cutting out junk :)

Hi Coopsyy,

Welcome! I've just joined here too, in the hope that being publicly accountable (even if it's just to myself) will keep me on the straight and narrow!

Well done on your weight loss to date, you're doing really well!

Thanks guys :)

Definitely agree that this will help to keep on the straight and narrow, even if no one reads it!

Even had a Chinese takeaway last week (family were celebrating me getting a new job, didn't want to be rude!) and still lost some weight, so was quite motivating though no more takeaways for a while *fingers crossed*

Good day so far, though a tad boring, got a week off work so running out of things to do!

Breakfast - granola, fruit and low fat yogurt.
Lunch - Chicken fajita wrap (with onions, peppers, mushrooms and a bit of lettuce) left over from last nights dinner, with a side salad
Dinner - good old lamb stew, this time with less dumplings and more veggies!

Then went swimming this evening :) Got a lovely swimming costume from evans, and for once didn't feel so self conscious in one! (Little bit too low cut though, not good for us big chested ladies!) Shame it started filling up with parents and their kids, or I would happily stayed in the water all night :) who takes little kids swimming at 8pm? :S

Todays gone well so far. Had an accidental lay in today, so didn't have any breakfast so had an early lunch instead. Its been such a horrible day weather wise, so haven't been out the house, so windy and rainy! Planning on popping on my cross trainer later this eve for a bit as I feel i've been lazy today, though have already prepared everything for dinner, done some washing up and put a load of washing on, so have at least done something productive for the day! Off swimming tomorrow lunch time, hoping there will be less kids around as its during school *fingers crossed*

Lunch - Ham and lettuce wrap (with a little mayonaise, need to buy a low fat jar when i'm next shopping), apple and banana
Dinner is going to be toad in the hole, with lots of cabbage and mixed veg, a little bit of mash for me (and a huge heep for the OH!) an gravy.
And if i'm hungry later in the eve may have a 0% fat activia yogurt (that were half price in sainsburys, bargin!), though having no fat in them, they make up with sugar :( Tho still not that much sugar in the activia ones compared to some other brands.

I find i'll eat a lot more veg if it has gravy/mint sauce/anything on it, instead of it being plain and boring. Don't really like raw veg either. I know on SW and a like, you have to account for the gravy don't you? Ah well, if it means I eat more vegatable that feel me up, and less potatoes/rice/bread, i'm happy to have gravy :D Worked out on myfitnesspal.com that my calories for today would be about 1400. Don't think i'd be able to calorie count everyday, seems to much of a chore :/

How is everyone else doing this week? :) xx

Hi everyone! :) (If anyone actually reads this, haha)

Last week wasn't too bad. I'm in between jobs atm (well, waiting for a start date for my new job, was ment to have started a few weeks ago) so have been trying to keep myself busy with housework, walking into town, and went swimming 3 times last week. Though bad news, swimming pools closing this week till january for christmas :( Don't know what i'm going to do for the next 3/4 weeks as the reason I picked swimming was because it's something I enjoy, thus am more likely to do it. Plus its waaaaay cheaper than a gym membership.

Ate pretty well last week, lots of veggies, chicken, salad, stews etc. Plus mainly fruit as snacks if I was still hungry and fancied something sweet.

Weigh in today, 4lbs off :D So i'm now down to 15st3lbs, and looks like i'll hit my mini goal of being 15st by the new year!

Okay so haven't posted in a while, what with it being the christmas season!

I have to say, yes, i did pig out over christmas and ate things I normally wouldn't, like cake and pies and what not. But christmas only comes once a year, so to hell with the diet for 1 week. However, to my surprise, I still lost 1lb according to the scales over the christmas week! :D Though did have a bad week the week before christmas, with a 3/4 of a lb gain :( I know only small, but I had worked hard that week (wanting to loose a little bit before christmas).

I didn't achieve my mini goal of being 15st by January 1st, but won't let it demotivate me as i'm nearly there, currently 15t 1lb :) So I've lost 1st since novemeber :D I think the fact my local swimming pools were all closed from early december, and don't open again till next week, for maintanence, slowed my weight loss down as I wasn't doing as much exercise. But looking forward to getting back into it when they do open next week. Now I just wish my family would stop coming home with cakes and chocolate and all the stuff i'm not allowing myself! :(

My NYR are...

1. Go for a walk everyday. No matter how short, with being in between jobs atm (still waiting for a start date on new job), getting out the house will help with loosing weight.
2. Get down to 13st. Trying to take it in small steps, so will decide my overall goal weight as I go. Currently 15st 2lb.
3. Carry on swimming 2-3 times a week and make use of my cross trainer.
4. Do C25K. Need to invest in some decent trainers too.

Hope everyone had a good Christmas and New Year! :D xx

Back