The start of my journey :)

MRS_R

Hi everyone
i found this site by accident and its great so i want to record my little journey in the hope it inspires someone they way everyones has inspired me. Im 25 and weight 16 stone but not for long :D.
Started xenical yesterday and have been eating ok. yesterday i had
breakfast = bran flakes
lunch homemade lentil soup
dinner - small cup of homemade soup then ww meal and veg
no snacks as im trying to be good dont know if this is good still learning so any comments greatly appreciated ;). I have a long way to go but i know i will stick in there and get back to feeling how i want to feel.
love stacey x x

Hiya Stacey,

Good luck with your journey!

What you are eating sounds good, just keep to the rules (no more than 5g of fat per 100g and no more than 15g per meal) and you should be fine. :)

xxx

aw thanks im so glad i found this site it been so helpful a couple of hours ago i knew nothing about what to eat while taking xenical. Was scared to eat but now i know i can wake up 2 morrow and be ok lol!

Hi Stacey! Welcome to Minimins :) The doctors aren't very good at giving information on how to take xenical but this website has been invaluable to me. Good luck on your weightloss journey! We're all in the same boat and we're here to support each other. xx

i know ive already said hello and welcome, but thought i would pop my head in here and say it again!

we are the same hight, and roughly the same weight at our starting points... so take it from me it can be done!!!
just stick to it and enjoy it. food doesnt have to be our enemy! (cant spell either!!) im going to put up some new recipies in my thread over the weekend so that should be able to give you loads of inspiration for meals that are mostly in the rules. :)

Good luck!

check out Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal | MyFitnessPal.com and it should be able to give you some idea on if you are doing ok. (as it gives you a list of the rda's of things like carbs, etc... sooo its been very helpful for me also :)

thanks ive been using the calorie counter and ive been doing great so far thanks to this site. I got diagnosed with pcos when i was 19 and been with my partner 7 years married last year. The doctors wont help me to get pregnant till i lose weight so this has been the kick up the butt i needed.
Ive been doing well eating my bran flakes for breakfast homemade lentil soup for luch and a weight watchers meal with veg for dinner. My hubby has been great he cooking us a nice healthy mushroom stir fry tonight with chicken breast yum lol.
It will be my first full week on tue 12/10/10 so im going to give myself a little weigh then see how im doing x x

Hi Mrs R, thanks for the post on my diary, from reading yours I see not only have we started around the same time, but we are also both 25.

Ur husband sounds really supportive, mine has also started Xenical so we are on the weight loss journey together, tho think its more of me sorting out r meals n hes just eating them and taking the pills!! lol

if you do weigh in Tues make sure you post it, il be awaiting the result, im registered at weight watchers at work and will be weighed Tues too so will see what that says then!! i will also weigh myself thurs as this is my day of starting Xenical.

I wish you all the best
x

good luck for tomorrow hun! :)

well today has been a good day stuck to the usual
bran flakes for breakfast even though ive never ate breakfast in my life im really enjoying them :) . Homemade lentil soup for lunch and a cup of my lentil soup before dinner. Had a weight watchers pepperonni pizza for dinner and am now really full:)
Still having no side effects and finding im sticking really well to it cause i dont want any side effects.
Will do my little weigh in 2morro at lloyds pharmacy and will post, not back at doctors for another 3 weeks so this is my little unofficial weigh in x x:p

aw thanks kes think it will be a little different from the doctors as she used the old fashioned scales and the chemist has the digital ones but should give me a unofficial idea of how im doing lol

Hi Mrs R, thanks for the post on my diary, from reading yours I see not only have we started around the same time, but we are also both 25.

Ur husband sounds really supportive, mine has also started Xenical so we are on the weight loss journey together, tho think its more of me sorting out r meals n hes just eating them and taking the pills!! lol

if you do weigh in Tues make sure you post it, il be awaiting the result, im registered at weight watchers at work and will be weighed Tues too so will see what that says then!! i will also weigh myself thurs as this is my day of starting Xenical.

I wish you all the best
x

we both 25 both married both starting at same time so hopefully we can spur each other on :) ill be posting my weigh in 2morro but working till 10pm a so will probably not post to late but it will be up lol good luck with your way in at ww 2 morrow miss Hj X X:D

ah im not married.... yet lol but live together etc

Im actually looking forward to my WI tomo, hope its a loss of any kind, i have been good but just cant seem to drink much fluids atm, 3-4 cups of tea and a glass of juice maybe, thats my lot!!

I hope ur WI is sucessful, if its a loss il record it, if not ill wait till thurs when its been a wk on the tablets to record!!

my first week weigh in

well yesterday was my first full week on the tablets and i weighed myself at lloyds.

I now weigh 15st 7lbs

so i lost 7lbs woohoo :D so happy im losing. Now i need to continue the same as this week and keep it coming off . Thank you everyone for your support x x:D

Thanks it has definietly made me feel like im in the right direction and i am actually enjoying experimenting with new food i would never have ate x x

well today is the first day of my week off work woohoo some time with my OH at last!

Had my bran flakes as usual even though he sat there with his fry up grr but i cant complain cause he been so supportive and been eating healthy with me. Had my homemade lentil soup for lunch , need to learn how to make another kind before i get bored lol ;)
For dinner i had my weight watchers chicken and dumpling casserole whicj was lovely and a salad. I have my totm today which for me is great news as I have pcos and went years without having a totm but I have took them every month for the past 8 months now woohoo!
What makes it even better as it was due exactly today ive never had that before ;) you will all think im mad getting so excited over getting my totm but for me it a big achievement especially as me and OH wanting children so combined with my weight loss this week and aunty flow visiting im having a great time. Just hope its not followed my an ulmighty crash ! x x

Spent all today with my gran went shopping then stopped for lunch. Had some scotch broth soup at the cafe for lunch and for the first time since I started the diet I was starving when I got home and cooked dinner straight away, which was wholemeal (brown) pasta with tomato sauce & salad.
Had a little bad tolilet day yesterday and didnt know what I had ate and the only thing I can think of was the weight watchers pizza because everything ive ate since I started has been roughly the same stuff. It wasnt to bad just dont want it again. So i wont be eating it again!
Has anyone every had it and had a little side effect or know if it could have been that ?
;) Well enjoying my time off work but its harder to be as good as I have been when you have nothing to do, so my dog has been loving going to the park for longer. x x

well today is the first day of my week off work woohoo some time with my OH at last!

Had my bran flakes as usual even though he sat there with his fry up grr but i cant complain cause he been so supportive and been eating healthy with me. Had my homemade lentil soup for lunch , need to learn how to make another kind before i get bored lol ;)
For dinner i had my weight watchers chicken and dumpling casserole whicj was lovely and a salad. I have my totm today which for me is great news as I have pcos and went years without having a totm but I have took them every month for the past 8 months now woohoo!
What makes it even better as it was due exactly today ive never had that before ;) you will all think im mad getting so excited over getting my totm but for me it a big achievement especially as me and OH wanting children so combined with my weight loss this week and aunty flow visiting im having a great time. Just hope its not followed my an ulmighty crash ! x x
i know exactly how that is... it would be months between the lovelys and then all of a sudden its every month like clock work.. very exciting :)

Spent all today with my gran went shopping then stopped for lunch. Had some scotch broth soup at the cafe for lunch and for the first time since I started the diet I was starving when I got home and cooked dinner straight away, which was wholemeal (brown) pasta with tomato sauce & salad.
Had a little bad tolilet day yesterday and didnt know what I had ate and the only thing I can think of was the weight watchers pizza because everything ive ate since I started has been roughly the same stuff. It wasnt to bad just dont want it again. So i wont be eating it again!
Has anyone every had it and had a little side effect or know if it could have been that ?
;) Well enjoying my time off work but its harder to be as good as I have been when you have nothing to do, so my dog has been loving going to the park for longer. x x

im not sure it would have been the pizza... but it could have been..
not sure from what you have posted it couldnt have been anything else.. ive had the Pizzas and ive been fine.. so maybe its one of those things that some can do but some can not..

Thanks kes dont know myself what it was think it was just one of those things dont know think it might be with me eating fruit and veg now and I never did. So my body probably just getting used to it.
And Thanks MRS_HJ i was so excited when I stood on those scales lol was like a child in a sweet shop.
Ive been good all this week so far although its been more temping being off and visiting friends and family and they all eating what I used to but to keep me on the right path I have stuck a pic of myself when I was the size I want to get back to on the fridge to keep me in the right direction:p.
Dont think im gonna weigh myself this week although ive been good and not ate anything i shouldnt have I have my totm and not sure whether to weigh or not as I tend to be heavier then. I will probably weigh myself anyway to much curiosity lol ;)

Last edited:
Back