The start of something good!

Day 86

Hello

I went and had a private lesson after work and really enjoyed it! I am so happy right now :) :clap: I will be in pain tomorrow as my body goes WTF??? at having been (a) exercised and (b) twisted into weird shapes but I am sure it won't last for long. I am going to take it slowly and focus on techniques rather than anything too strenuous and ramp it up once I am under the 20st mark.

My OH is very happy for me, he has wanted to see me compete since I met him, but the closest he has got is seeing photos from before. He is happy I am doing something that made me happy again!

TBL last night wasn't much of a surprise, I guessed that Will would win - strange that I was sat there saying, look at all that work they have done to lose what I am losing without spending 5 hours in a gym every day. Is that wrong of me?

Period appears to have stopped of its own accord...won't count the chickens just yet.

This week at work has been one that has almost made me cry with frustration...started off as a 4 day week (wedding travel on friday) and has now become a 3 day week (post nurse appointment) and so I have to do the planned 4 days work in 3 days and still attend all the meetings booked and do a piece of 'urgent' work for a senior manager. I feel a long day in the office coming on tomorrow.

Love Cx

Day 87

Hello

What a long day at work! Got through it pretty un-scathed and am now looking forward to a few busy days off revising and getting ready for the trip to Leeds for the Civil Partnership. I must make sure that I take enough shakes with me...planning on not eating anything off plan at the weekend, just eating the protein and a few veggies. I am sure that I can talk to people for long enough to accidentally forget to eat my food!

Post-sport aches are here, not as bad as I expected but I can feel some muscles that I haven't in a while!

Off to see what you have all been up to now!

Love Cx

Hi Clair --

So, you went back to doing your Karate? And, weren't too sore and enjoyed it, how goof is that? I am glad to hear it.

Sorry about the work stress, but it sounds as if you manged well.

I hope the weather and travel are lovely for the weeding this weeked. Be sure to pose for loads of pics and post some you like. I am interested in seeing your complete outfit and OH's new suit.

MM

Day 88

Hello

A busy day off work today; started with a quality lie in until 10am, then off to the doctors to sit in a waiting room with lots of ill people trying not to inhale too often. Then I went to Starbucks to have a hot skinny milk and do some bits and pieces for my CBT session in the afternoon. Rude people came and sat around me without asking if anyone was sitting there etc and to make it worse they were talking about inane drivel, I fantasied about telling them off, but then OH arrived and so I got up and picked my way through them huffing! Then I headed off to CBT, which was really good. Then a quick visit to ASDA to get a black cardigan (in case it is cold tomorrow).

Back home to pack - how come I need to take so much for 2 nights AND I am not a girly girl so only have shoes for wedding, will wear trainers to drive etc...OH will have a shoe box size bag and his suit knowing him.

Got to reply to a couple of work emails now (no-one available to cover a couple of legal processes I am working on) and then off to bed!

Leg wax and mini-manicure in the morning...I could get used to this!

Love Cx

PS MM - I went back to my Brazilian Jiu Jitsu class - its like judo crossed with wrestling, you don't kick or punch, just try to make the other person submit with chokes and joint locks. Its very cool. I was grinning like a cheshire cat afterwards and am really happy I went through the stress to make it back!

Hummm... Brazilian Jiu Jitsu class -- it sounds like a wax and kick boxing combo! lol I am so glad you went back.

Have a wonderful time at the wedding!

MM

Day 89, 90 & 91

Hello

The weekend was really nice - the wedding went well and I managed not to burst into tears whilst filming the ceremony for my friend and his now husband! They had a great day and so did everyone else!

I think I scrubbed up well, OH looked great and only one thing put a damper on the weekend...the period from hell returned and I have spent much of the weekend making various excuses to escape to the bathroom.

I am so very tired now as I haven't slept too well and am going to head straight to the doctor's in the morning and get more magic tablets as well as a note so that I can get a postponement on my exams. There is no way I can sit through 3 three hour exams with toilet breaks etc - and I don't fancy having to explain why I need toilet breaks to the exam vigilator either.

Oh well. At least if I can get a note then I won't lose £225!

Off to watch Wonders of the Universe now and to check up with the rest of you.

Love Cx

Hi Claire,

I am glad the wedding went well. I am sorry about the TOM and hope the doctor can get your sorted.

Did you pose for any pics? I'd love you see you and your OH all spiffed up.

I hope your day goes well... I am so pleased to see the sun!

MM

Day 92, 93 & 94

Hello

I have spent most of the past three days trying to sleep and failing until last night. Period from hell meant that until the pills kicked in properly I was still on hourly toilet trips. Hopefully it is ending at the moment and I can get a good night's sleep before heading back to work in the morning.

I will post photos when my friend sends them to me...as with most events, I spent more time behind the camera than in front if it.

Had a mini pork-pie again. I just gave in to the hormonal urge to eat something lard laden. Not the end of the world. Onwards and forwards on this journey.

Weigh-in on Sunday which I should hopefully move me into the 20's and out of the 21's - I never want to see them again unless I am weighing myself with a rugby player catching a piggy-back on me.

I have got out the size 24 jeans and they fit - very happy about this as I can really believe that I am doing this...weird but a size 24 is in the 'normal' plus size range (e.g. you can buy stuff in ASDA etc) and that means I am out of the really-quite-big plus size range.

I think I will have a look for some new work trousers and they are size 28/30 and are beginning to look ridiculous with my multi-coloured belt!

To bed now to get my self ready for work (boooo).

Love Cx

Hi Claire,

I hope you have a good day at work. Try to just pick up just 2-3 pair of solid trousers (as ASDA) that you can change up with tops and accessories, as you will probably drop sizes pretty fast. I went right past some sizes -- it was weird.

MM

Day 95

Hello

I have finally given in to the future and purchased a top and trousers from the Long Tall Sally sale selection in size 20. I am 5ft 10" so too tall for normal shops (unless they do a tall range) and too short fro LTS but I thought I could turn the hems up. I love LTS shirts as the sleeves are long enough and the bottoms don't end at my waist.

Otherwise work was OK - basically everything on my to-do turned out to be super-urgent, so I made a cup of tea and one thing at a time, and refused to get stressed about it. CBT being put into practice.

Love Cx

Hi Claire,

Excellent news on the new threads, and fab that you are applying CBT to the workplace, too. Feels good: being in a smaller size. My DH has lost over 2 stone and I have been telling him for a few weeks now, that we need to get some smaller trousers.

He started South Beaach on January 2nd wearing tight 34x30s (he is 5'6" and I am 5'4"). He is wearing 33x30s (which has been his standard size for years), for about a month. But, now he can wear 32x30s (for the first time maybe 10 years) -- and they are not tight at all.

Yesterday, bought my DH four pairs of work trousers and one pair of jeans yesterday in 32X30. They all fit -- in fact -- two of the pairs (same manufacturer) fit in the waist okay, but had so much excess fabric in the bum and thighs that I thought they looked like clown trousers. So, those are going back I'll see if I can find another brand (slim cut? No bum cut?). I could tell he was very pleased (and maybe just a little proud of himself).

I was reading an article about how "stress makes you fat" yesterday. Appparently, it is not just that people stress eat, but they stress eat because when a person is stressed his/her body releases hormones that trigger hunger, and encourage the body to store energy for future "threats". So, keeping calm helps with weight loss!

I hope you have a good day... the sun is out here and I am loving that!

MM

Day 96 & 97

Hello

Friday was OK, I started early at work (one of those days when you do the same as always but end up arriving way earlier than normal) and got a decent chunk of the To-Do list done. I had a talk with my interim team leader and that was productive which made the day a little brighter.

Today I have taken advantage of a rare house-to-myself day and gone through all my clothes, separating them into ebay, charity and recycling piles, it was sad as some of the clothes I really like, but they are way too big now and I can buy new stuff that I am sure I will love just as much! Wardrobe just has stuff that fits (apart from work trousers which will have to stay until new ones arrive and fit!) and it looking quite empty. In the clear out I found a folder of documents that I have been searching for over the past months so that was an added benefit!

Now I have to get round to putting things on ebay - might wait until a free listing day to say a few more pence.

Weigh-in tomorrow and I am really looking forward to seeing the result of the last 3 weeks (including period effect) as well as catching up with my CDC and recharging the motivational batteries.

I will let you know the results as soon as I can!

MM - Well done on getting DH the new trousers...hopefully I will be just as happy when mine arrive. it is so easy just to stay with what you have and make do...harder to go into a shop and buy a smaller size.

Love Cx

Hello

Friday was OK, I started early at work (one of those days when you do the same as always but end up arriving way earlier than normal) and got a decent chunk of the To-Do list done. I had a talk with my interim team leader and that was productive which made the day a little brighter.

Your improved confidence is showing - good!

Today I have taken advantage of a rare house-to-myself day

I love these sort of days... and miss them. My DS came home from the States and is taking evening courses -- so he is in the house (if not underfoot) most days. I find it very difficult to "get into things" knowing that there is someone here.

and gone through all my clothes, separating them into ebay, charity and recycling piles, it was sad as some of the clothes I really like, but they are way too big now and I can buy new stuff that I am sure I will love just as much!

I know how you feel about the clothing you loved -- I made (and probably still have) a pileof things I was "going to alter". I think that I finally got rid of most of them, because it was going to be too much work to alter the items.

Wardrobe just has stuff that fits (apart from work trousers which will have to stay until new ones arrive and fit!) and it looking quite empty.

But, sometimes that emptiness seems peaceful and clean!

In the clear out I found a folder of documents that I have been searching for over the past months so that was an added benefit!

I am hoping for experiences like this one, as I work on my clutter issues!

Now I have to get round to putting things on ebay - might wait until a free listing day to say a few more pence.

I always say I should ebay stuff, but I just pass it along to someone else or donate it to a charity. I think I do not want the hassle of having to package and post it. Then deal with anyone who might want to complain, etc. (Plus, I heard that you do not get much for clothing anyway.)

Weigh-in tomorrow and I am really looking forward to seeing the result of the last 3 weeks (including period effect) as well as catching up with my CDC and recharging the motivational batteries.

My weigh in is Monday, and I am hoping for a 2 pound loss. My DH weighed today and is two off. You should show a big loss, after three weeks! Fingers crossed for that!

I will let you know the results as soon as I can!

Please do!

MM - Well done on getting DH the new trousers...hopefully I will be just as happy when mine arrive. it is so easy just to stay with what you have and make do...harder to go into a shop and buy a smaller size.

I checked locally for more trousers for him, and may shop when I am Stateside or order on line. I plan to go through his wardrobe one day next week, when he is at work. And do a clean and clear out.

Love Cx

I hope your Sunday is restful and relaxing. I am working on some clutter, and will be helping with homework, doing some overdue housework and a bit of shopping (bill paying) today. I also want to do some planned fitness... I have been very slack since Thursday's missed class.

MM

Day 98 & 99

Hello

Just a lonely 5 lbs lost over the past 3 weeks...I know that is good, but I can't help but be a little disappointed, however, I am sure that once the hormones are a little more settled the next few weigh-ins will be better.

My average I hear you ask? For the first time it has gone under the 4lbs per week level with a surprising 3.78lbs. I am waiting until next weeks weigh-in before getting too stressed about it.

I have been in bed with a migraine since yesterday afternoon, just beginning to function like a human again now.

Off for a shower and to eat some tuna!

Love Cx

Morning Clair,

I hope the migrane has passed. I have only a few in my life, but what a misery.

It is gray here in Cambridgeshire today, but I have my light box on stand-by.

Spring is showing up all over -- the daffoldils are out -- and I am loving that!

My average I hear you ask? For the first time it has gone under the 4lbs per week level with a surprising 3.78lbs. I am waiting until next weeks weigh-in before getting too stressed about it.

That is a wonderful average -- mine is about 1.5 pounds per week. Much slower than I expected, but I am losing it. I need to keep reading my Beck and focus on the here and now.

I hope you have a wonderful day today!

MM

Day 100

Hello

Well done me! Day 100 has arrived; I am very proud of myself, albeit in a quiet way - went to work today as I had to deliver some training and I am now suffering again in the head department.

Over the past 100 days I have:

Lost nearly 4 stone
Started back at BJJ classes
Started to walk more
Had no binges on chocolate etc
Put my own health and wellbeing first
Started to "see" my previous eating patterns and their impact
Found new ways to pass time that doesn't involve eating
Gone from a size 28/30 to a 24
Beginning to feel better about myself

It has been relatively easy for me so far - having a small meal everyday has been important, as well as being in the right frame of mind to do this.

I have also, for the first time, not told everyone and their dog that I am doing this - just family, OH and a couple of colleagues at work. I am congratulating myself, rather than seeking other people's approval - a new thing for me!

Otherwise I am off to bed again, the joys of not having anyone to look after apart from myself!

Thanks for the support - just having somewhere to write my inane thoughts and know that I am not the only one going through this madness is a great comfort!

Love Cx

Congrats on Day 100! Wow, 4 stone off! Amazing! I hope your head gets better soon. Are you drinking enough water?

MM

Hi clairbear well done on your weight loss reading how well youve done I'm on day 3 of the cd I want to lose 6 st I'm also in Shropshire I get weighed Monday hope I have a loss as I've done so good just hope I can stick to it x

Morning Clair and Becki!

Welcome to Becki. I think you will find Clair's diary inspriational. She has done very well sticking with her programme and is now back doing a fitness activity that she used to love (and be very good at).

I wish you well. The people on this forum are usually very supportive and helpful. I recommend that you start your own diary and start posting your thoughts, etc.

Happy St. Patrick's Day, to you both!

@Clair, I hope your headache has passed.

MM

Back