The story of happyhealthy's expedition to maintain!

What you doing this evening hun?
I got the old laptop out cos Mr Squeezy is busy making the cat chase the laser pen!!! :D Great fun, but I thought I'd catch up with you guys.
(says something when I'd rather come on here than make small talk with OH!)

I'm sorry for just replying squeezy! I ended up partaking in a late night cinema outing with ze chums then I came home and zonked out after a strenuous few days rowing/drooling. :D Forgiveness please! How are you anyway babe?

How is Mr. Squeezy? Is he like the male version of you? He should just like my crazy uncle who loves making the stray cats that come into his garden chase the laser pen!

It is our new minimins mission to find Caroline a hot, sexy, fitty, that does not lie or cheat and absolutley worships the ground her sexy beautiful self walks on!!
He will not look or be any less than 25, and he must be very succesful with his own house and car. He must enjoy travelling and treating his OH like she is a god damn princess!! :D

That OK???

I am liking this plan immensely!!

And he to have an absolutely massive ................................smile!!

Filthy lot. I know what you were thinking!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Haha top tosser didn't have a very big smile...

Arrghh! Have to dash but I'll reply to everyones lovely comments when I get back - I'm not leaving you in the lurch! xx

And he to have an absolutely massive ................................smile!!

Filthy lot. I know what you were thinking!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

...........dark brown eyes!!! ;);)

I'm sorry for just replying squeezy! I ended up partaking in a late night cinema outing with ze chums then I came home and zonked out after a strenuous few days rowing/drooling. :D Forgiveness please! How are you anyway babe?

How is Mr. Squeezy? Is he like the male version of you? He should just like my crazy uncle who loves making the stray cats that come into his garden chase the laser pen!

What did you go and see honey??? I think you are entitled to zonk out, you have been exercising your socks off, and I know drooling is very exhausting!! ;)

Mr Squeezy is very grumpy at the moment, so I won't bore you with the details!! Bloody men!!!
Ziggy my cat, thoroughly enjoyed his laser pen chasing and he has been zonked out all day!! :D

Hope you're OK my lovely? Lot's of love xxx :)

OK my 'ickle CC weight loss Guru... I took my mug of hot steaming coffee and finally got round to reading your diary.... 16 pages is a lot you know ;)

Wow you have done amazing and I love your honesty and sincerity both here and on other's diaries, always full of advice which I for one find very helpful and supportive.

However I cannot agree with this savoury porridge nonsense, that said I do put black pepper on strawberries but porridge seems wrong - I'm a skimmed milk and honey chick when I can't have cream and soft brown sugar which is my absolutely favourite way.... you should try it as a dessert ;)

Your rowing-buddy picture has made me feel like a Cougar for sure! It's usually the interns at work that make me feel like this but just to look at because I think that young good looking men are just sooo pretty... a bit like those young guys in the Ralph Lauren Polo advert but they're probably called Chip or Brad and that would just put me off anyway... I too have been an older man magnet for most of my life the hubby is 53 in a few months although he looks very good for his age and I'm 42.

Anyway finally glad I hopped on here ... you rock!

Well I'm flattered that you read through my WHOLE diary Sam!
I'm also very flattered about the guru comment, but I'm really not! Lindsey has lost 3lb more than me and legomom lost 5 stone (again 3lb more than me!) last year so I'm just an ordinary punter around these parts lol! Infact a mere amateur compared to some lol!

I can't believe what a hit my rowing buddy has been - definitely motivation to start rowing if I ever had one ;) Though he's is a stunner, he's not a patch on my boyfriend :D (aww how cheesy I'm I?)
And on you and your husband's age difference - better to be the younger one than the older one, but it does probably mean that you'll be forced to drive him to collect his pension/free buss pass hehe! I'm a bit of a cougar too, I'm a whole 43 hours older than my boyfriend … I should be ASHAMED at dating so far below in age :D

Thank you again for taking the time to read my diary and posting such a lovely comment :) xx

It is our new minimins mission to find Caroline a hot, sexy, fitty, that does not lie or cheat and absolutley worships the ground her sexy beautiful self walks on!!
He will not look or be any less than 25, and he must be very succesful with his own house and car. He must enjoy travelling and treating his OH like she is a god damn princess!! :D

That OK???

And can he please have a very nice holiday home in the Bahamas that we can all go and visit whenever we want? Caroline I think that your next man should be sent our way first - we'll give him a FBI style interview and see if he passes our tight criteria. Though shall not pass if unacceptable!

Haha top tosser didn't have a very big smile...

Awww, poor top tosser. My heart bleeds for him.

Please note: post may contain sarcasm. :D

What did you go and see honey??? I think you are entitled to zonk out, you have been exercising your socks off, and I know drooling is very exhausting!! ;)

Mr Squeezy is very grumpy at the moment, so I won't bore you with the details!! Bloody men!!!
Ziggy my cat, thoroughly enjoyed his laser pen chasing and he has been zonked out all day!! :D

Hope you're OK my lovely? Lot's of love xxx :)

I went to see 'bad teacher'. It was actually wuite good, but not the sort of movie you'd rush out to buy. Justin Timberlake was a sort of nerdry inteluect in it... offffftttt he can do my calorie calculations for me anyday!
Noooooo, you can tell me why Mr. S is grumpy babe, I honestly don't mind. It's always good to get these things off your chest. Men, eh? Who would have them!

Hope you've had a lovely day - I'm just about to catch up with your diary! xxx

And can he please have a very nice holiday home in the Bahamas that we can all go and visit whenever we want?

yes yes yes yes yes yes YES!!

And Caroline, I got my snazzy lunchbox from a shop in Times Square in New York (check me)

But I've found the same one being sold here: Superman Tin Lunch Box - #AyoBaby

We can be cool lunchbox people together!

Just had the most lovely dessert. Apples, grapes, yoghurt and granola. Omnomnomnom :D

scaled.php

I bought it. I would love to make it though so if there's any recipes going you know who to send them too :D I'm going to sound like such a sad case but the granola bar was the first processed food I'd eaten in weeks - and even then it wasn't that processed. It was from Holland and Barrat and it was either going to stay in the cupboard for moths then get thrown out or I ate it. So I thought 'stop being such a freak, one semi-processed thing is not gonna kill you' . It's actually quite scary... I fear i've become one fo 'those people', you know the ones that only fruit and beg grown in their own gardens and haven't set foot in an asda in 7 years... ARRGGHH!!

Since I'm on a picture roll, I've decided to take a picture to see how my waist has changed over the past 7 months. First picture is was taken end of November last year, second picture was taken a few moments ago nearly 5 stone lighter. I've never really compared body shots until now (in fact I've not taken a body picture of myself). It might sound silly, but it's a big step for me. It's probably the first time I've properly seen just how much beef I've lost. Of course since it's all part of the weight loss expedition, I shall share:

Before (large waist):
scaled.php

Now:
scaled.php

PS. Ignore the mess in the background, I'm in a back room and it's currently the 'bits and bobs' storage room until my dad's study gets painted! Bloody painting, he's been doing it for 4 weeks now - the man is crazy I tell ya!

Last edited:
Wow, that is amazing! Seriously? In 7 months? I am so impressed. I've been reading through your diary too, and you look great! Might want to adjust my goal a bit because I don't look like I'm going to be that shape when I reach goal (and I want to be)!

Did you always do a calorie counting diet? I'm doing Slimming World at the moment, but not sure yet how to maintain once I reach goal... I'm going to be scared of undoing all my good work when I celebrate! Thinking of setting my target down a bit so that I have some slack to work with. Does that seem like a plan?!

Wow, that is amazing! Seriously? In 7 months? I am so impressed. I've been reading through your diary too, and you look great! Might want to adjust my goal a bit because I don't look like I'm going to be that shape when I reach goal (and I want to be)!

Did you always do a calorie counting diet? I'm doing Slimming World at the moment, but not sure yet how to maintain once I reach goal... I'm going to be scared of undoing all my good work when I celebrate! Thinking of setting my target down a bit so that I have some slack to work with. Does that seem like a plan?!

Hey! Thanks so much for stopping by and saying such a nice thing. I get all embarrased when people say things like that lol :greenapple:

Slimming world is a really good plan. It teaches you how to eat properly, for example fruit, veg and healthy goods in vast supply and the "bad" foods can be eaten in moderation, and that moderation is controlled by syns.

I think the one flaw with slimming world is that it the 'free' foods are a little too 'free'. For instance I think alot of people interpret that to be 'ohh now I can eat 500 apples, a huge bowl of pasta and all the free foods I want and not put on weight'. I think the free foods should continue to be encouraged but capped, so for instance you can't eat over X amount of portions of 'free' food a day. Does that make sense?

I think the best way to live a healthy life is by using the education that slimming world teaches you - good wholesome healthy foods should make up the bulk of your diet and treat foods should be controlled. However incorporate this slimming world way of life with calorie counting. So you eat the slimming world way but give yourself a calorie limit.

I think you should give yourself a little 'cushion' and go slightly under target (by no more than 2lb), so that if you do have a blowout celebration, you've got a little safety cushion :)

I highly recommend reading Shrmpy's diary. (http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-food-diaries/208874-staying-shunk-shrimpy.html) she's a new Slimming world maintainer and it doing a splendid job of it and I have no doubt in my mind that she's going to keep doing a marvelous job. I'm also sure that she'll be happy to answer any questions you've got (I too will be more than happy to help you if you've got any other questions - ask away that's what I'm here for lol!) I'm no expert but I'll try my best!

All the best hun, you can do this shizz!! :D :D -hugs-

Last edited:
Thanks happyhealthy, that's all good advice. Off to read Shrimpy's diary now and am going to continue hanging around here too:D

You're looking AMAZING! Just so you know :)

Your picture posting is really not helping with my hatred of you!!! Now about 40% happy for you and 60% jealous as hell!!! x

Back