The sun is here... are we happy??

rumbletummy

Silver Member
I was just wondering how everyone is feeling about the sun appearing?

I'm OK about my arms but wouldn't for the life of me show my legs... maybe I'd wear cropped trousers but not a short skirt or shorts!

And I'm really disappointed with myself because I said I'd wear a dress this year if I lost the weight I have. I guess it's just my own insecurities about the way I look!

How is everyone else feeling?? xx

It was glorious here yesterday and for only the 2nd time in nearly 8 years -I put on a dress and went out :D
It was a pretty maxi dress mind, with a open knit bolero style short sleeved cardi over the top... I have calves like a Russian shot putter still -so long ones for me all the way :p -but it was a 16 and I felt amazing... just need to get into all the others I bought in the sales before xmas now :D

I wear 3/4 trousers but not really skirts and so far NEVER shorts -but I WILL next summer once Im at target :D -in fact, who knows I may even feel brave enough to try some knee length trousers this summer -although don't hold your breath ;)

there has to be a style out there that you would be happy in?

Well, having shed some 79lb (5st 9lb) to date, I plan to be getting a nice Florida tan from 1st May.

I would love to think I can manage the remaining 8lb to reach target, but I plan on not wearing any long trousers in Florida apart from those restaurants with a dress code that insist!

A lot of the parks in Disney don't allow T shirts off (even for blokes) - possibly for health & safety reasons. But in my resort and pool I should get this pasty body a few shades darker:cool:

Put it this way, I didn't lose all that weight to cover-up in the Sunshine State lol

I still have bits of me I'm nae happy with but they are far outweighed by the delight I have with how well I've done...I'd prob walk down the street in a bikini now if the option arose LOL

Wow! You girls (and boy) are so confident, it's so great to hear!! I have tried on a few dresses but they just didn't look right, and I don't have the confidence to wear a maxi dress, I don't like drawing attention to myself so stick with shades of black, blue, grey and white... boring!!

I need to get Gok to give me a fashion fix I think!! xx

Dresses and shorts I'm ok in now... a bikini is still a long way off! I even interviewed in a dress this week... AND got the job!

Nah - I live up in Northern Ireland. It's definitely been sunny up here, but not that warm! Still in dress, tights and cardi :D

I'm in the midlands and we've had beautiful weather the last 2 days! I've caught the sun on my chest eventhough I had factor 50 on today (I burn really easily!!)

A few people have been wearing sun dresses, shorts and skirts, men have been in shorts and vests, it's been proper summer here!! Bees and all, not seen a wasp yet eek! xx

And CONGRATULATIONS Shrimpy!! You must have great legs he he!! xx

They're definately getting there, rumbletummy, with all the squats and lunges I'm forcing myself to do! :)

So that's the secret is it?? Will have to start doing them myself as my legs are minging!! xx

They hurt, but are worth it, just like the nasty evil tricep dips I'm doing most nights!

Wow! You girls (and boy) are so confident, it's so great to hear!! I have tried on a few dresses but they just didn't look right, and I don't have the confidence to wear a maxi dress, I don't like drawing attention to myself so stick with shades of black, blue, grey and white... boring!!

I need to get Gok to give me a fashion fix I think!! xx

|You'll get there and realise you#'ll be giving Gok advice in no time!;)

Dresses and shorts I'm ok in now... a bikini is still a long way off! I even interviewed in a dress this week... AND got the job!

Well done little mollusc! - congrats on the job (and the legs):p
After losing eight stone, I cannot wait for the sun to come :)
Well done on the loss! - that is fantastic. You must be fizzing like a blottle of pop lol.

Steve

Thanks Minimus! :)

Thank heavens for the sunshine. It makes everyone just that little bit shinier!

Back