The Sun - love/hate

lovehirano

Everyone is loving this heat, however as a big girl... I HATE IT!!

Sweating, chafing, not able to wear lil dresses/skirts etc so boiling whatever i wear in my wardrobe, more sweating...

Am I alone in this or are you all sun lovers?!

I totally get you. It is hard being big. Really hard. But at the same time I do love the hot weather. The thought of being able to wear a size 10-12 dress next year is really good motivation for working my backside off this summer :D

Everyone is loving this heat, however as a big girl... I HATE IT!!

Sweating, chafing, not able to wear lil dresses/skirts etc so boiling whatever i wear in my wardrobe, more sweating...

Am I alone in this or are you all sun lovers?!
No I'm with u Hun I hate hot weather although I hate cold weather as well! Lol! I like it when it's warm enough to go without a coat but not sunbathing hot cant understand why u would want
2 lie there boiling
2 death even if you,re skinny!
Sal x

I've always suffered in the heat and burn easily, so sunbathing is definitely not for me! However, this is the first year for more years than I can remember that I haven't had horrible sore patches under my boobs or where my thighs rub together. Do persevere with SW - it does make a difference.

I hate hot weather and always have, ever since childhood, and it has nothing to do with weight or size. It just makes me feel ill. Upset stomach, blurred vision, dizzy spells, aching joints. Unfortunately this current hot spell is not going to end soon, and tomorrow (when it might get to 32 degrees where I live) I have had to cancel my plans so that I can stay home and sit by a fan.

He he - wondered if this thread was going to be about the newspaper!

I'm with you on this one. I absolutely detest the heat - I get very irritable and all my energy is sapped. I know most people love it, but roll on September for me.

I've got a product called Glide that I put on my inner thighs if I want to wear a skirt. I find it really does help with rubbing.

I'm so pleased that I'm not the only one that hates the sun! The dog and I hate it but my husband loves it! I was down on the beach with the dog at 7 this morning and it was already roasting! Roll on September, jumpers and hot chocolate!

He he - wondered if this thread was going to be about the newspaper!

I'm with you on this one. I absolutely detest the heat - I get very irritable and all my energy is sapped. I know most people love it, but roll on September for me.

I've got a product called Glide that I put on my inner thighs if I want to wear a skirt. I find it really does help with rubbing.

Where do you get that from? I tend to end up in spanx to stop the chub rub and really wish I didn't have to. I would be interested in finding an alternative.

So glad I am not alone with it!!

I am just not confident enough to get all my arms out and have bare legs etc yet, so I am so warm and therefore sweaty = not a good look!!

It is cooling down a bit in Scotland now so I am happier :)

Where do you get that from? I tend to end up in spanx to stop the chub rub and really wish I didn't have to. I would be interested in finding an alternative.

Hi Supergirl. The product is actually called BodyGlide. I've bought it from here before, but it may be cheaper on Amazon/ebay: Wiggle | Bodyglide Skin Formula Regular 36.9g | Muscle Rubs. If I'm wearing a skirt all day, I need to reapply half way through the day to keep the maximum slide!

HTH

I'm with you, I hate it at the moment...legs rubbing together, don't like showing off my fat arms, hate seeing all the skinny peeps with next to nothing on, the list goes on lol......

Hi supergirl

I posted a direct link to the product but my post has been zapped. The product is body glide anti chafe and runners and cyclists use it so you should be able to get it online from a sporty shop or the other usual online retailers.

HTH

And the sun continues.. I want to lay very still and do nothing - however still sweat and feel gross!

Not because of the weight particularly but I hate it when it's ridiculously hot like this. It's just so uncomfortable and totally saps your energy. The lack of sleep doesn't help either. Can't believe some people lie out in it without bothering with sun cream - my partner being one of them! It's like having my children all over again. I have to literally force sun cream onto his body!! :D

I don't like it either, i'm a winter baby so i think it's just in my DNA to love winter more! I hate the feeling of being sweaty and not having any energy as the heat just seems to suck it out of me. Plus i miss being able to sleep at night! X

Even after 32 years of having the hot weather as the "norm", in July and August when we are zapped with ultra hot temps, 32 at 9 this morning, I fully understand the Spanish tradition of afternoon siestas and that the work timetable is geared around it.

This afternoon I slept 3 hours and will sleep tonight....................the hot weather if you are fat or thin is exhausting and more so when you are not used to it.

Be positive my British friends and just think how lucky you are it will end someday lol !!!!

Back