the times they are a changin......

I can tell you almost to the pound what I weigh by my clothes:rolleyes: not just right now as this is fairly new territory but I think obsession with the figure in t always good. at Xmas I put on about 4.5 lbs but my clothes didn't t really feel that much diff so I decided not to go in a tale spin about it and sure enough it came off quickly, virtual weight as I like to call it or water retention. For me I like having scales but I ve learnt that the figures can do some peculiar things and I just go with it and wait to see what the trend is. Everybody needs to do the right thing for themselves. Just cause it works for somebody else doesn t mean it ll work for you so work out what suits you and for the record you are doing amazing
jx

Virtual weight - I like that! I can gain and lose weight really quickly and the scales can sometimes scare me, for example 4lbs on within 3 days this weekend - is that really possible?! 2lbs came off by this morning so is it possible to lose 2lbs in a day? I should have not weighed until my official weigh in on Wednesday, I would have probably balanced out by then.

Aww thanks hon :) My aim is to be comfortably enough in the 9s so my weight never starts with a 10 no matter how naughty I was over the weekend! I'll feel better once I've hit my magic 9st 5lbs target but what then?!

*sigh* I'm boring myself never mind you, i'll stop rambling now xx

Jen - the wise woman of CWP!

I'm with you both on the clothes thing - I remember reading an article where they interviewed Carol Vorderman and she has a lime green suit which she always puts on to "check" whether she's still ok! I have a very unforgiving skirt which is a perfect fit with my upper target, so maybe that'll be my judge. I too am hoping that I can get down to 11st and never see a 12 on the scales again - I would be really happy with that!

You're such a help and inspiration Jen, so thanks!

xx

Morning Jen,

Hope you've had a nice chilled weekend ?
I also agree about clothes being a good guide, I can always tell when I'm bloated and retaining water etc also basic things like my rings getting tight . . .

Anyway another Monday is here and a new month is ahead of us, here's to a good one for us all :)

afternoon!

well i ve had my big weekend and am ready to get back in the game have 2 weeks without interruption so hoping i can get the nose out the trough and get back down to target. 10.11 and a half this morning but not too displeased but could def do better. so in 2 weeks would like to lose 5 lbs, seems doable, still on step 4 and won t be leaving til goal is acheived and maintained for a week then 5 is on the cards. off a dieting i go.......

Hi Jen!

You can definitely do it and I shall be watching and cheering you on!

xx

thank you

so a day on plan but my friend is coming over from belfast and its another night out at the weekend. this may slow down my progress but im determined to keep going 100% on non planned days. really looking forward to seeing my pal as she doesn t get over too much. im going to need a verbal kickin if i don t keep to plan til fri so feel free to tell me like it is!!!!!!
jx

Ok how about...if you lose an extra lb this week you have earned the right to drink more vodka...??!! xx

thank you so a day on plan but my friend is coming over from belfast and its another night out at the weekend. this may slow down my progress but im determined to keep going 100% on non planned days. really looking forward to seeing my pal as she doesn t get over too much. im going to need a verbal kickin if i don t keep to plan til fri so feel free to tell me like it is!!!!!! jx

I think that's a good motivator in itself, stay in plan from now to Friday and then have a fab night out with your friend at the weekend :)

OOh - having plans at the weekend always seem to encourage me to be good in the week - just use it as extra motivation to stay on plan!

xx

i wish flic i tended to be more lacks about it but not this week i am determined to stick with the programme, saturday off then back on it. i am ready to kick the last pounds into touch. its not that im not happy enough being in the tens but i want to be firmly in them so when i reach the weight maintaince and do the gain here or there i never bump into the 11s. all good on the motivation front just now.
jxx

Hi again on a different thread! Haha I'm the same with my weight, I want to be 9-something even if I had a big meal, have TOTM, just had a gallon of water and have my heaviest jeans on!!!!

xx

I'm totally with you both! I'll be happy to be 11-anything! (God, I couldn't even imagine being a 9 something!) it's getting that buffer which I really want.

xx

Hi again on a different thread! Haha I'm the same with my weight, I want to be 9-something even if I had a big meal, have TOTM, just had a gallon of water and have my heaviest jeans on!!!!

xx

exactimondo! and of course the hangover day won t won t do it either:) x

day one done! 3 more to go then the clock resets and its ground hog diet days all over again, i will not over eat i will not over eat. there is choclate in the house, although i can t lie i have been thinking about it has been left alone. this won t last as the skinny man creature will polish it off in no time;)

Yay for day one! Haha I wasn't going to admit this but we have some fab flapjack thingies and I was in on my own last night and I wouldn't stop thinking about them...I ended up having 2 and they are big :( Well done for resisting yours!!

xx

Love the reset idea Jen - i've reset today after last night (though I do think I was quite good really...) Day one for me too clare!

I know there are a couple of things at home which I need to avoid. Poor OH has put on weight whilst i've been on the diet since I keep making him things to eat up the crap in the house!

xx

clare my resistance did me little favours and 3lbs up soo not pleased with that 11st on the nose this morn first time since the start that i ve come out of the 10s :sigh:. i should be back in them by tomorrow but it is a blow i know that 1200 cals doesn t produce this so my body is up to something that doesn t involve true fat but psychologically i feel like jabba the hut today. i may have to go past the mirror singing blobby blobby blobby! i haven t done that for a while but if the cap fits...

poor oh flic he ll have the chaffing waist band but on the plus side you ll look even more tiny beside him, love your evil thinking, you haven t just bought a fluffy white cat and a swivel chair:)
jx

My favourite day was when OH and I swapped over - i've always been heavier than him, but we're now quite well matched. I feel a bit "blobby blobby blobby" today. Didn't have breakfast as was in a meeting and now I could eat a scabby dog!

xx

Back