the times they are a changin......

Cals in for today 1100, dinner came in at 500. Really enjoyed it didn't have much in so cobbled together roast beetroot, onion and potatoe with parsley.
chopped up potatoes roast at 200 in teaspoon of oil and balsamic Once starting to brown added 2beetroots and 1 small red onion. I added parsley near the end
I tried 2 eggs in one cal
Will def do again

Yum your dinner looks lush. I often do roast veggies but never think to add beetroot, I bet that goes lovely. Will definitely have to try it.
Isn't it amazing how you can have a full dinner for 500 calories.

Yum your dinner looks lush. I often do roast veggies but never think to add beetroot, I bet that goes lovely. Will definitely have to try it.
Isn't it amazing how you can have a full dinner for 500 calories.

Thank you it was very tasty. Beetroot has become quite a favourite and roast very well I just use the prepeeled ones that aren’t in vinegar. I’ve been roasting butternut squash in wedges too it’s around half the calories of potato and works well. Having tuna tonight
X

Finally had a quiet weekend mainly due to being laid up with the cold, still every victory.
We had a trial run of the veg Christmas main. It was delish. One ofJamie Oliver but roasts. Very tasty and as it was calorie heavy we had it with roasted butternut squash. Managed to keep my 1000/1200 limit. Have another quiet week and then out for one of my work lunches. The following 2 weeks are going to be great but carnage on the diet front. I can lmost hear my arteries choking at the thought 😉 ah well I 'll see if my new found sense of control goes the distance when it's tested

Finally had a quiet weekend mainly due to being laid up with the cold, still every victory.
We had a trial run of the veg Christmas main. It was delish. One ofJamie Oliver but roasts. Very tasty and as it was calorie heavy we had it with roasted butternut squash. Managed to keep my 1000/1200 limit. Have another quiet week and then out for one of my work lunches. The following 2 weeks are going to be great but carnage on the diet front. I can lmost hear my arteries choking at the thought 😉 ah well I 'll see if my new found sense of control goes the distance when it's tested

Oh no, sorry to hear you've not been well. But like you say it was a diet victory, lol!

I've never made a nut roast before, I've thought about it a few times but it always seems like a lot of effort and it would be just me that would eat it.

You might surprise yourself when you go out and make the right decisions. I often find now that I make the right decisions without even thinking about it. I just haven't quite got to that point with alcohol yet, lol!

Oh no, sorry to hear you've not been well. But like you say it was a diet victory, lol!

I've never made a nut roast before, I've thought about it a few times but it always seems like a lot of effort and it would be just me that would eat it.

You might surprise yourself when you go out and make the right decisions. I often find now that I make the right decisions without even thinking about it. I just haven't quite got to that point with alcohol yet, lol!

If I can, the plan is to be good inbetween the days I'm out and about but the running order is out for meals/drinks 21, 22, 24, 25, 26, 28, 29 and 31st😅 I'm not going to stress about it and will do the best I can. The way I look at it is there is no point in sitting with a lettuce leaf. Enjoy what you have but once it's done back to the healthy lifestyle.
The positive for me is I've managed to lose a couple of pounds in Dec and If I get 1 or 2 more before the 21 then I've got a bit of wiggle room. Jan is for getting rid of the excesses. Can't believe how quickly this year is going

If I can, the plan is to be good inbetween the days I'm out and about but the running order is out for meals/drinks 21, 22, 24, 25, 26, 28, 29 and 31st😅 I'm not going to stress about it and will do the best I can. The way I look at it is there is no point in sitting with a lettuce leaf. Enjoy what you have but once it's done back to the healthy lifestyle.
The positive for me is I've managed to lose a couple of pounds in Dec and If I get 1 or 2 more before the 21 then I've got a bit of wiggle room. Jan is for getting rid of the excesses. Can't believe how quickly this year is going

Wow you've got a busy Christmas. Like you say though, there's no point sitting with a lettuce leaf. You want to feel fabulous after all your hard work getting to where you are, so you should enjoy every minute of it. The good thing about calorie counting is that you can be naughty one day and super good the next.

Exactly That s the plan and have been pretty good about getting straight back on track after a weekend out. I'll do my best, Enjoy the festive period and get plowing through Jan to get rid of any excess.
Was most delighted this morn. Scales said 10.10 plus point 4. Target has been reach and although I'm out on sat. I've a run til the 21st to get it back x

Exactly That s the plan and have been pretty good about getting straight back on track after a weekend out. I'll do my best, Enjoy the festive period and get plowing through Jan to get rid of any excess.
Was most delighted this morn. Scales said 10.10 plus point 4. Target has been reach and although I'm out on sat. I've a run til the 21st to get it back x

That's my way of thinking now as well. It's so hard at this time of year but if we can be good between being bad then that's ok.
We are now the exact same weight. I'm 10.10 as well :) Well done on getting to your target that's fab!

Scales this morning up to 10.11 but as I was out yesterday I’m pretty pleased. Was going to the gym but finished my Xmas shopping instead and walked about 4 miles so not to bad alround. Have my last official weigh in tomorrow so I can update the status then if any is needed. Next week I want to be pretty good up until fri when it’s a big night out and Christmas carnage starts in earnest. How it all goes well that’s for future posts x

Scales this morning up to 10.11 but as I was out yesterday I’m pretty pleased. Was going to the gym but finished my Xmas shopping instead and walked about 4 miles so not to bad alround. Have my last official weigh in tomorrow so I can update the status then if any is needed. Next week I want to be pretty good up until fri when it’s a big night out and Christmas carnage starts in earnest. How it all goes well that’s for future posts x

Good luck with your weigh in this morning.
I bet you'll be glad to have a little break from the diet over Christmas, I know I am. Enjoy every minute of the festivities, be sensible on days where you've not got anything planned and then come back after christmas and smash the scales again :)

That is the plan and I'm sticking to it🙂 not letting up on the days inbetween and sticking with good behaviour when I can so far it's all going well. At least I'm 2 weeks into dec a couple of night outs under my belt and hoovering around my pretarget weight. Which I wasn't expecting so another win. X

That is the plan and I'm sticking to it🙂 not letting up on the days inbetween and sticking with good behaviour when I can so far it's all going well. At least I'm 2 weeks into dec a couple of night outs under my belt and hoovering around my pretarget weight. Which I wasn't expecting so another win. X

Did you get on the scales this morning?
We are very similar and thinking the same. I'm just not quite at target yet but hey I'll get there.
This time of the year is for celebrating :)

Morning!
I'm continuing with my 1000/1200 cals per day ad scales not moving much but I've weighed in this morn at 10.11 this am. X

Your not gaining and it's a busy time of year, so that is a massive plus :)
If you stick to around 1000/1200 a day when you're being good, you should be ok. That's what I'm doing at the minute as well and still maintaining.

Well I ve had a few extra treats today, one of my patients brought in home made tablet, it was delish. I did share it with my other patients and we all agreed it was excellent 😀 this was added onto some biscuits I’d had with my home visit gang. One day early so this weekend I now plan to be back on it. Let’s get the balance right! There will not be 2 weeks of food fest x

Well I ve had a few extra treats today, one of my patients brought in home made tablet, it was delish. I did share it with my other patients and we all agreed it was excellent 😀 this was added onto some biscuits I’d had with my home visit gang. One day early so this weekend I now plan to be back on it. Let’s get the balance right! There will not be 2 weeks of food fest x

I'm intrigued what is a home made tablet? I'm guessing it's predictive text, lol!

Have a great night tonight for your works do, I had mine last night, I pigged out and felt fab :)

I'm intrigued what is a home made tablet? I'm guessing it's predictive text, lol!

Have a great night tonight for your works do, I had mine last night, I pigged out and felt fab :)
Haha home made tablet is quite a Scottish thing, it's like a sugary fudge, its made at Christmas quite a lot. Maybe made it other places too. This lady's tablet was top notch
😋
Well I didn't get on my Christmas night out last night as it was A lunch time kick off and I was working. Was a shame but meant I got another day of not pigging out.
I had smoked salmon and scrambled eggs on toast for tea last night with a few biscuits. My stomach was felt really heavy and was quite burpy for want of a better description. Had the toast, eggs and salmon again this morning and same heavy feeling. Not sure if it's the chocolate , bread or salmon that's been the cause but hadn't expected such a reaction to stuff that's pretty plain. Mind you it's putting me off going too crazy so might help the diet 😅
X

Haha home made tablet is quite a Scottish thing, it's like a sugary fudge, its made at Christmas quite a lot. Maybe made it other places too. This lady's tablet was top notch
😋
Well I didn't get on my Christmas night out last night as it was A lunch time kick off and I was working. Was a shame but meant I got another day of not pigging out.
I had smoked salmon and scrambled eggs on toast for tea last night with a few biscuits. My stomach was felt really heavy and was quite burpy for want of a better description. Had the toast, eggs and salmon again this morning and same heavy feeling. Not sure if it's the chocolate , bread or salmon that's been the cause but hadn't expected such a reaction to stuff that's pretty plain. Mind you it's putting me off going too crazy so might help the diet 😅
X

Ah I'm sorry to hear that you didn't go out but atleast it sounds like you had some yummy food :)

I'd never heard of tablet...I thought it had changed what you put because of predictive text, lol! It sounds yummy though, I love fudge. I'll look out for it when i go to Scotland next.

Hope you're having a great weekend!

Back