the times they are a changin......

Last week was a bit of stagnation, had a unexpected house guest for the week and that meant more healthy yet not step 3 meals. I didn’t go crazy so taking that as another step in the right direction, don’t have a weigh in til next week and I ll see what it brings. Made some lovely veggie fritters, not heavy on the tattles. Today was the first day of back on the step 3 train, no issues and just about to head to bed only need 6 more like that then I might see a little loss next week.

I really would like to keep this 2 stone in my rear view mirror, I’ve been doing this yo-yo for too long now. I do feel more confident than I ve been in a long time but it really is only a few decisions away. I’m going in the right direction and that is the most important thing. I didn’t think I’d get back to this 4 months ago and here I am

It looks like there might be a pound off.🤞🤞🤞I ll find out tomorrow for def but this week I’ve work around the 1000 cals a bit above on a few days but nothing to get upset about. There are 3 pounds to go if my calculations are correct. That is doable before Xmas and I’m still feeling good about my weight loss and more importantly I ve not gained any back (holidays allowing) that is more important to me than getting a loss each week. I saw a glimpse of the fabled 10st bracket😁🤩🎉 I am going out for a Thai meal tonight as it our anniversary tonight and well life in moderation is the goal

Thank you I'm really chuffed. How is it ticking on with you? Health wise you ok? X

You must be well back in all your fave clothes anyway 😉

Things are going ok with me, thank you! My heart just isn’t with Cambridge at the moment and I found whenever I started it over the last month I ended up binge eating, and I always said I would stop doing it if I got into that binge restrict cycle as that’s not going to get me anywhere in the long run!

So the last couple of weeks I’ve just been eating healthily. Still allowing the odd treat but roughly watching my calories and I’ve lost 2.5 pounds doing that. I’m delighted I’ve not regained much of my initial Cambridge weight and I’m about 5lb above my lowest now. I’m at a place where I’m more comfortable in my clothes from what I’ve lost so far so I’m happy losing slower at 1 pound a week or even maintaining, but that’s not to say I won’t want to speed things up in the future! I do have a massive batch of Cambridge/Exante stuff leftover haha.

Health is ok too - I’m on a big dose of steroids but they haven’t blown me up as of yet thankfully but they have helped already with my bloods and that. They are making me hungrier than usual and testing my willpower a lot though 🙈 I’m getting surgery on my kidney in 2 weeks time, which is another reason why I don’t want to restrict too much for the moment.

Are you still incorporating Cambridge products daily or have you moved onto real food? 😁 xx

Yeah my clothes are all fitting and the bigger items have been removed to the under bed box. 🙂
That’s sounds like a great plan with forthcoming surgery. Your results are great and you’re doing what is right for you.
I don’t think there is any point on doing the ketosis part of the vlcd diets unless you’re at a place where you can cope with it 100%, triggering back and forth isn’t particularly helpful. If you feel ready for it in the future all good. I think it is excellent that your having a treat now and then too. Moderation, what a rubbish word😉 really is the key to success.
You’re doing well to ignore the steroid hunger pangs they can get quite persistent. Magic that your bloods are responding accordingly. If I don’t catch you on here before I hope the surgery is a great success and recovery is straightforward. I really to hope you will be able to put this swiftly behind you and get back to medicine.

Diet wise I’m going up the steps,so still having 1 to 2 products a day depending on what else is happening. I’ve been out of ketosis since before my holiday, I want to lose another 3 lb ( pre Xmas and to have a green bmi, even briefly). I’m sticking on step 3 but this is also to counteract the odd night out as well. Last weekend I was out for a fry up and then cake, this weekend we re heading out to the pub. I want to have days/ nights out and be able to get myself back on track straight after. Food wise I ve been trying to keep to low carb. I’ve been pretty vigilant with what’s on my plate ie enough fats ( type is important too) protein. Making good substitutions ie butternut squash roasted wedges instead of potato. Plenty veg. It’s probaly the healthiest diet I’ve had for a while. Don’t get me wrong I will have pasta, potatoes but in, yes you ve guessed it, moderation😜
It was funny yesterday I went out for a Thai meal, had veggie pad Thai it was delicious but I really felt fit to burst a little while after so guess my body got a bit of a shock, must of felt like it was carbocide😁
Jx

Have been doing alright but this week has mainly been about the hunger. Not the I ve not eaten hunger but the greedy I want to stuff my face hunger. Have had a few more treats than I would like. I’m pretty sure my all important 1 lb that’s taken me into the tens is gone🙁 need to get my focus back on track. I ll see how the rest of the week goes, just need to remind myself that every slip breaks your resolve a little. So work to be done......

It’s a tale of 2 weeks. Last week I couldn’t really get my groove on although I wasn’t terrible there was an increase on carbs and calories, resulting in a gain of 3 pounds. I can’t be sure if the extra carbs had a fluid retenstion effect or if I just ate more calories than I thought but it is what it is. Saw my counsellor on the Monday decided it was back to a much more step 3/4 life and hey presto, weight has been lost. I decided to keep a food diary and that really focused the mind. Must admit the diet is pretty healthy.This period has given me some food for thought. Xmas is coming there will be gains. Moving forward I now have my plan for keeping dec under control, I’m out pretty much every weekend, yay! and oh no! Realistically losing Probably won’t happen and a few pounds are likely to get past me but if I keep a food dairy (hopefully this will stop me going full on food mental) then on the days I can step 3 with carbs at the low end, I think I can get into January with most of my 2 stone intact. I love being this size I can wear what I want and don’t have to juggle certain tops with certain bottoms. I’m definitely less tired. It’s what I want and I am not going to give up. I ve had enough of yoyoing and now is the time to keep on trucking. 5 months down I really have been thinking more long term. When I chatted to my counsellor she was saying I’m the only one of her clients that has come up all the steps now I’m not there yet as I want to stay with these steps just now as being at 11st as January appears isnt likely seeing as I never achieved my 4 pound safety net. Once Xmas is over and the excess has been lost. I want to slowly add calories until I find out what I need to eat for maintaince. Is it 1300, 1400, 1500 etc etc. I suppose this is a work in progress but I’m getting there, taking the scenic route as usual

This week is going well back in the 10s, first of the Xmas lunches out this weekend, really looking forward to seeing some of the girls I used to work with. My planning wasn’t the best as I ve realised I have a study day on Sunday. This weekend is going to be tough wine intake my need to be regulated. Ther is a small piece of me that wishes I could just get a good run without any nights out but life is for living. Dec is a busy month for most.
It’s been really helpful keeping the food diary and while I will definitely continue through December and then into January until ive sorted out the excess don’t think I ll do it long term.

Weigh in today a sts. All good as the tail end of last week was much more in the 1500 to 2000 with a few possibly over, difficult to assess as no idea when eating out.
Back on step 3 no issues to day, food diary filled in. I don’t feel worried for the rest of the month I just need to keep my head down when not out and about and come January I ll be able to concentrate on the last pounds and then onwards to maintaince. Even when I’m on step 3 it doesn’t feel so bad. I’m less likely to binge, it can still happen but is more controlled. I def feel my head space is in as good place as it has been for a long time.

Pleased to report a pound down and corrected my start weight. Nothing much to report all going well and another few days of dec down without a muncharama going on😀

Have decided to get my diary moved as this is really what I’m up to now. So calorie counting with a lower carb spin. Want to keep posting into maintaince as it’s too easy to take your eyes off the prize. Not that I’m quite ready for maintaince just yet and with the annual Xmas descent into decadence maintaince is probably next years project.

Have decided to get my diary moved as this is really what I’m up to now. So calorie counting with a lower carb spin. Want to keep posting into maintaince as it’s too easy to take your eyes off the prize. Not that I’m quite ready for maintaince just yet and with the annual Xmas descent into decadence maintaince is probably next years project.

Hiya

Welcome to Calorie Counting. I've been doing CC since February and absolutely love it. I've just been maintaining for the last few months and it was really easy to do but now I'm pushing to get a bit more off by Christmas.

Well done on losing so much previously, it looks from your stats that you are at goal which is fab.

Hiya

Welcome to Calorie Counting. I've been doing CC since February and absolutely love it. I've just been maintaining for the last few months and it was really easy to do but now I'm pushing to get a bit more off by Christmas.

Well done on losing so much previously, it looks from your stats that you are at goal which is fab.

Hello to you too🙂
I am pretty much at goal but have decided to try and get down to 10.10 to give me a bit of leeway for the likes of Xmas. It’s probably not going to happen before this Xmas as I ve got loads of meals out pre and post. Damage limitation is what I’m involving myself with through out December and realistically January too. I’m trying to eat 1000 to 1200 cals the days I’m not out and about. Then I want to gradually increase cals until I can identify what I need to eat to maintain

You ve done amazing since feb yoursel, hope you be treated yourself to a fancy Nancy Christmas frock🙂 you’re already hit right into the middle of the green zone so must be looking very slinky. I hope to get into the top of the green zone but don’t want to go much further as years of dieting (7 st from high to low) and I ain’t getting any younger means my skin hasn’t got the stretch it once had.
Jenx

Cals in for today just shy of 1200 we had veggie frittata and celeriac wedges. Oh my days it was delish. Came in at 760 cals but the picture only has half of the calculated frittata.

Attachments

• 20181205_190936.jpg
    20181205_190936.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 14
Hello to you too🙂
I am pretty much at goal but have decided to try and get down to 10.10 to give me a bit of leeway for the likes of Xmas. It’s probably not going to happen before this Xmas as I ve got loads of meals out pre and post. Damage limitation is what I’m involving myself with through out December and realistically January too. I’m trying to eat 1000 to 1200 cals the days I’m not out and about. Then I want to gradually increase cals until I can identify what I need to eat to maintain

You ve done amazing since feb yoursel, hope you be treated yourself to a fancy Nancy Christmas frock🙂 you’re already hit right into the middle of the green zone so must be looking very slinky. I hope to get into the top of the green zone but don’t want to go much further as years of dieting (7 st from high to low) and I ain’t getting any younger means my skin hasn’t got the stretch it once had.
Jenx

Your stats are very similar to mine. I started at 13.7 and now I'm 10.10. I wanted to get to 11 stone but now I'm there I want to get to 10 stone, like you I want some wiggle room, lol. I usually go for around 1000 calories a day but try not to go over 1200.

Yes I've got myself a new dress for the festive parties, I'm going to a charity ball on Friday so will be wearing it there. I'm really excited to be wearing a new dress in a lot smaller size.

Ps your dinner looks lovely.

You will feel a million dollar in that frock, have a little pamper if you ve time, from a bath bomb to booking for hair n nails. Think you really have to celebrate life s little triumphs. Have a fab time x

You will feel a million dollar in that frock, have a little pamper if you ve time, from a bath bomb to booking for hair n nails. Think you really have to celebrate life s little triumphs. Have a fab time x

Ah that sounds bliss. I wish I could but I'm going straight from work,so will be getting changed quickly as I'm running out of the door. I'm really excited to wear the dress though and will make sure I get a photo,

Cals in for today 1100, dinner came in at 500. Really enjoyed it didn't have much in so cobbled together roast beetroot, onion and potatoe with parsley.
chopped up potatoes roast at 200 in teaspoon of oil and balsamic Once starting to brown added 2beetroots and 1 small red onion. I added parsley near the end
I tried 2 eggs in one cal
Will def do again

Attachments

• 20181206_173847.jpg
    20181206_173847.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
Back