the times they are a changin......

Sataurday didn’t go as planned but a good day was had so no regrets. My dad had been helping me get my flat ready for renting and has been a total legend, so wanted to take him out for lunch. Then I realised he was home alone as mum is off with the cousins in Amsterdam. So thought I was a good time to take him out. He s was well chuffed, so we went to the garden centre at mortonhall his choice. I had a few latte s and they did courgette spaghetti, result! So def not the worst choice and it was tasty. Had a lovely catch up with dad and a walk with the dog. Then home to tidy or so I thought.
One of my close friends has lymes disease and it’s effected her badly often we try to catch up but it has to be cancelled as she s just not got the energy. We lost a good friend to cancer recently and she was really upset at the funeral. So wanted to share a bottle of wine. This was not an evening to be missed. So went over had Cambridge bar and some sweet potato chips and hummus. Drank the wine and then the gin and rose lemonade as well. I can safely say I’ve not had a hangover like it for years. Wasn’t able to drink water or anything. So today has been spent lying on her couch. When I got home had a step 2 egg n asparagus, bar and going to have a milk shake. Don’t think I ll get much more over .
Jx

Had a mixed week. Been really hungry so a few step3 days. Partner made up a kale pesto with zoodles really good. Not much of a loss this week but did gain a pound at the start of week. pretty happy with progress. I have now got my firm goal in mind want to get to 10 10. This realistically will be a goal for after my holiday in a couple of weeks. Lebanese cusine is meant to amazing and I just have to sample it. 😋

This week so far sunday around 1750 cals not great but Monday was worst, I went for it big time basically a chocolate, biscuit and crisps bender😖 tue and wed back on a step 3 day. There seem to be a few more social events coming up and everyone is wanting to go out for meals. I leave for my 10 day break in a week on tue and then have a trip away the weekend after. I think I am just going to have to go into damage limitation mode til middle of next month. The diet mojo is beaten but not out🤞. On the days of step 3 I’m still low carbing it but ketosis is a gone and flipping in and out doesn’t work for me so I won’t see it again for a while. It is a much missed partner🙂.
This is a long term project, although as with all things I want it NOW! So I ll just have to suck it up and get on with it. Once I get the fun and frolics done and dusted Ill see where the scales are and I can start chipping away to get to goal. Just need to be on the careful side for the next 10 day ( family meal allowing) in a perfect world if I reach 11 st before the holiday I ll be doing the happy dance if not I will not derail myself.
Ok confusion done let’s get on with it
Jx

That's a good plan. Have fun on holiday.

Final weigh in prior to holiday sts. Really pleased considering I had a couple of days off reservation and stepped up to step 3 I’m taking that a great big slice of positive pie. If I get 2 pounds of over the next 10 days flipping fantastic if not well it’s back to the grind stone on my return
Jx

Have fun on your holiday! But dont forget about us here. We all wanna make sure youve had a good time. But also, get back on the ball after! May be difficult, but were here to cheer for ya. Have a good time xx

Last edited:
Well done Jen, you are doing great! Enjoy your well deserved holiday 🎉🤗 Xx

Thank you I will have another week before I go but my consultant is away before me. I’m really looking forward to the break. Hope you’re keeping well xx

Have fun on your holiday! But dont forget about us here. We all wanna make sure youve had a good time. But also, get back on the ball after! May be difficult, but were here to cheer for ya. Have a good time xx

Thanks love I will be doing my very best on the fun front. I know what you mean about difficult to get back on track but at least I should be able to get a good run at it come mid October 🤞🤞xx

Another week and I think a sts to 1 in on but I've lost a bit round the middle as a few of my smaller skirts are fitting. I had fish and wedges last night, yummy yummy. I haven't had a 100% record but feel so much more in control. I know how easy it is for you to slip up and going backwards is really only a few choices away. What I am taking from this time is (for me) the diet is the easy part. Moving back to food is the harder. so far there are more positives than negatives. I am head down one day at a time. Have been working on making good choices most of the time. My week consisted of step 3 with a couple of up evening meals. Holiday for a couple of weeks and then back to grind x

Love it when the inches go down even when the scales don't match!

Well I’m back had a fantastic holiday, food was amazing as were the people and stuff we saw. Decided to jump on the scales today, rip the plaster off so to speak and the damage doesn’t appear too bad. Will see what tomorrow says but it’s looking around the 4 pounds 🤞🤞🤞😊
I did learn a new skill when I was away, it turns out you can be at an all you can eat breakfast buffet and not eat everything thing that your greedy little paws can get at😁😛😀
So going to work at getting back to step 3 (pretty easy going on the 1000 cals tbh ) were away this weekend then back in earnest after that
Jx

Day 2 post holiday, I have been having my products during the day and then a meal in evening. Scales this morning take me back to what I was before the holiday plus 1/2 a pound. There seems to be some water retention as I was peeing like a horse and not adding in a comparable amount. Not going to update weight until I know til the official weigh in. So it’s looking like my 6 lbs may be what I want to lose before Xmas. Had thought about going back to step 2 but leaning towards not as will just have to go through the glycogen loss/regain. This way If I have a night out it’s not as costly for me. Next weekend we’re heading up to Perth for a concert and have booked a bnb to make a night of it.

I could have easily eaten more as treats were definitely on my mind yesterday. I know I’m just a few mental decisions away from stuffing my face. I do love a binge and I’m going to have to watch for it like a hawk. Every time I want to head into excess foodsville I’m asking myself why do you want it? Do you want to be slim? Is this going to make things better? You love being able to to wear all your clothes do you want to get the big clothes box out again?I know there will come a time when I’ll override myself but I’m trying to put strategies into place that stop that one slip becoming a landslide.
One day at a time and today I want to make a good day. Have started using the excercise again. At the moment walking more but the gym is to be restarted soon
Keep on trucking
Jx

Had my official weigh in today and I ve sts🤩🎉🤩🍾🤩🎉🤩🍾😊😊 very happy with this so its step 3/4 and any social event s I have lined up. Think I ve got a bit better at portion control but there is a long long way to go.

Step 3 day in the bag. Finding low carbing quite easy to add into my diet. My spiriliser has been a great addition and using it well. Grated courgette ( heard it called courgette rice, wouldn’t go that far😅) but I mixed it with a bit of quinoa and hey ho a filling reduced calorie pasta substitute. Have been really thinking about my meals in terms of protein, carbs, fats etc wanting to make sure I have enough protein to avoid feeling starving, managing well. I feel really in control at the moment, might as well make the most of it and long may it continue

Here I am 5 days steps 3 tick, it's a planned weekend off. I'm ready for some food must admit. Was starving yesterday no products but I managed to get through on the calories ok.
The hunger was still present today and I'm working this am. The decent into off piste eating is already started had a latte and a croissant with brie, sundried tomatoes, it's a small one and to be honest I reckon I could eat another one no bother but I am making a conscious effort to let My brain catch up ie there's enough food in the tank matey😁 it's all one meal at a time I am trying to make myself accountable for every decision 're food. As it starts with that first slip.
I am going to really enjoy my meal out as no point in spoiling The treat I do have a d a fry up tomorrow. It 'll be back to step 3 next week. As we stand it looks like i ve lost 1lb since Monday but this weekend will remove that I'm fairly confident. A sts will be very much appreciated come weigh in.
Have a grand weekend if anybody's reading x

The weekend was fab, amazing meal out with wine, a few drinks lovely spending time with my partner, fried breakfast in the morning was a real treat too. I enjoyed every thing but don’t feel the need to go on a mad food bender, it’s all part of the journey I ll get there when I get there sort of attitude. I’m not going to be the source of pressure on myself. Food isn’t going to become some great albatross round my neck. Eating out is part of it so best to keep it all in perspective. Have made a veggie Shepard’s pie. The Jamie Oliver vegan one it’s magic. Then a self saucing lemon pudding. K s been trying to lose a bit of weight and has managed 8lbs which is fab but it’s a weekend off the diet and then back to step 3 tomorrow #feelingdetermined

Back on the diet saddle, plenty water 2 products, veg and mackerel for tea, would like to get a full week under my belt and as there is nothing much happening at the weekend that is a doable goal.yime to start getting some that 6 pounds off

Managed a respectable 4 days of around 1000 cals friday not so much. yesterday was another hungry day which had continued from the day before. Bought a falafel wrap fairly and latte at lunch time very tasty but sure it was heavy on calories,had a yogurt bar for breakfast which didn’t stem the hunger hence the move up. Then I found out we were meeting up with friends had round 7 vodkas and Diet Coke. We weren’t hunger so managed to avoid tucking into any more food. Had coffee and a breakfast roll this morning. Feeling good so I ll see what the weekend holds and weigh in Monday

Just been for a weigh in and weekend ways and treats have not diminished the general trend. 2lbs off,😊😁😊😁😊😁 so pleased. Although I wasn’t desperate for a loss it’s wonderful anyway. I’m on track and although I’m going to take my time transitioning back to normal food I ve set up good patterns. I intend to find out what my calorie intake should be to maintain in the future but for now step 3 with a bit of slack for social life is doing what I need it to do. Now at my original target but would like to get another 4 off.

Back