the times they are a changin......

Ha ha, oh dear :)
I remember my first week, I started on step 2, and was making food from the recipe book, thought the portions were massive, then realised it was for 2 people!! Good luck for day 2 x

Well done on getting into the 10's. I'm so thrilled for you. I can imagine how you must feel. OOoh I want to get to where you are. I bet you will still lose a few pounds as you go up the steps, especially with your exercising and gym. I'm looking forward to reading how you get on with maintenance, might come and get some tips from you when I'm done too. Welld one again. :clap:

thanks cee
i think major congrats are in order 11.5 lbs that is just incredible so pleased for you, hope that is helping boost thet confidence to record levels, you can and will do this xx

step 3 is going pretty well did actually manage to eat the correct amount today so big bonus. found a new food; quinoa bit like couscous fantastic substitute for rice and really high in protein so worth putting on your shopping lists when required. thought i might be more hungry but its at really bearable levels, def get into the water pre meals so helps. been in regular contact with the scales and no weight gain either so will continue to monitor progress and keep you informed

jx

This is so exciting following along as you go up the steps.... I'm taking notes! Lol

Keep doing as well as you are xx

thats me back from the consultant and im officially in the 10s quite exciting really. had a good chat with her and step 3 starts today. im logging it in on my fitness pal to stop little extras accidentally making a reappearance. not expecting much in the way of losses over the next week or two but if i can maintain around this weight i will be more than happy then we ll see about that pesky last half stone. on the plus side i can now reintroduce a longer gym programme so it all has its benefits. i ve had breakfast this am and its lovely not to be breaking out double portions to fill the void but if hunger should appear i know a little trick with a glass of water now.... hope every one had a great weekend and now to catch up properly with all your threads jxx

Wowza, well done on moving up to step 3 ! ! !

Getting into the 10's is a blooming great feeling
( I can't wait to get back there )

You will do great, I'm sure the slight miss calculation won't do any harm at all :)

Keep us posted as to how you do, will look you up on MFP x

thanks one and all for your support its helping a great deal cause although i quite fancy a a wee treat im thinking oh no you dont, you ll just let the girls down ( and of course myself but im a push over:) ) so cant say it enough when the time comes keep posting think the transition from ss to food is hard for most and anything that helps is worth doing.

another day of pretty much success (50 cals out ) getting a little list of 500 cal dinners with a leaning towards protein and its amazing what 500 cals can net you.
jxx

thanks one and all for your support its helping a great deal cause although i quite fancy a a wee treat im thinking oh no you dont, you ll just let the girls down ( and of course myself but im a push over:) ) so cant say it enough when the time comes keep posting think the transition from ss to food is hard for most and anything that helps is worth doing. another day of pretty much success (50 cals out ) getting a little list of 500 cal dinners with a leaning towards protein and its amazing what 500 cals can net you. jxx

You will soon get into the swing of reintroducing foods and I bet the 500 kcal feels great :)
Have you got a book of things you can have ? x x x

Yes, I'm really motivated now. I knew it would be s big loss because I was on my TOTM the previous week and that usually puts about 3-4 lbs water on me. Now I don't even crave stuff like I used to anymore. It's great. I think I will be able to do this properly.
Quinoa sounds interesting. I love rice and pasta so I'm going to note that down. It sounds ideal. Have you tried Shirtaki noodles or Zero noodles? I use that sometimes. I make a stir fry with no oil and add some prawns and veg and seasoning. The zero noodles have 1.5g carbs per serving from fibre. It helps me to 'go' when I'm having trouble. It's worth a try.
Looking forward to reading more of your progress. Enjoy refeeding :)

You will soon get into the swing of reintroducing foods and I bet the 500 kcal feels great :)
Have you got a book of things you can have ? x x x

there isn t a book of what you can and cant have but the way they set it out doesn t leave much room but if you can count it in your allowance you can have it. so i ve devised a plan for my self i have breakfast as described in the book if hungry then lunch, it tends to be a Cambridge product then some fruit,its amazing how much you miss something so simple and finally i keep about 500 cals for tea. getting quite creative there and not falling for all the old fav s. im really trying to up the protein to gain as much of the fuller for longer as possible. so far so good. it is a bit diff to the cambridge plan but without a decent tea i was starving and that just leads to cheating so doing the best for me.
jx

Yes, I'm really motivated now. I knew it would be s big loss because I was on my TOTM the previous week and that usually puts about 3-4 lbs water on me. Now I don't even crave stuff like I used to anymore. It's great. I think I will be able to do this properly.
Quinoa sounds interesting. I love rice and pasta so I'm going to note that down. It sounds ideal. Have you tried Shirtaki noodles or Zero noodles? I use that sometimes. I make a stir fry with no oil and add some prawns and veg and seasoning. The zero noodles have 1.5g carbs per serving from fibre. It helps me to 'go' when I'm having trouble. It's worth a try.
Looking forward to reading more of your progress. Enjoy refeeding :)

thanks cee i hadn t heard of the shirtaki noddles so i ll keep an eye out. i ve become quite the protein hunter now and am looking at pulses in a whole new light! im really prefer a more veggy based diet, i can eat meat but im finding new ways of getting non meat protein into the diet (its actually pretty easy)

hpe your still trucking nicely, you seem to really have your groove on now
jx

Hi Jen, good day? Did you get to the gym yesterday? Hope you had a good 100% Step 3 day ;) x

hello my lovely

oh yes im gyming it up quite happily at the mo, im increasing the workload gently as i like to balance food in with energy out cause if you go mental when you are on small amount i think well where do you go from here and i suspect so does your body.

im ticking on nicely getting into the swing of cal counting ( actually bought brussel sprouts as really fancied them? ) i ve tweeked the diet a bit to suit myself but seems to be working . no weight gain very pleased about it as all i hope to achieve just now is to stay the same, even if there is a weight gain provided i stick to the 1000 cal (give or take) i know its virtual weight as i like to call it:) and it will even itself out.
i see your so into the groove your practically madonna:) i will wait for you all and then we can make the maintenance section postively light up!
jxx

Oh my goodness .... Totally had a flashback moment "Get into the Groove"! :8855: Thanks for that - guess what I'll be singing under my breath all evening? Lol

It sounds like you've really cracked Step 3, well done. And you're so right, the name of the game is sts, so burning off any extra cals is for sure the way to go. I'll meet you at maintenance in oh.... Four months :) I'm not phased, I'll get there eventually, after all March is coming either way, it's up to me if I greet it on my fat ass (with added weight piled on or sprint towards March slender and healthy :) x

Step 3 sounds fab :)

It's a long way off for me but people like you are a inspiration and I can't wait to move up the steps which is great as last time " food " kind if frightened me :-(

Your doing amazing x

thanks miss v

im really happy with my progress so far not struggling with the re feed, im sticking to my one day out at a time approach and its working. was out for dinner on sat and i had what i wanted (lets just say no 100% honking!). i had my weigh in this morn and no gains or loses which was what i wanted and i thought the weekend may have tipped the scales up a little. now i ve got a couple of weeks where there ll be no outings and im going to concentrate on getting a few pounds off. as dec is really busy and meals out play a big part so i will need to be specially good to cancel out the treats but hey thats what non dieters do so i know it is possible.

is every thing going well in your neck of the woods? heres to much more success
jxx

defo keep that body con dress firmly in mind. you are doing so well it is fantastic and its just so good to see another st done and dusted
jx

Back