the times they are a changin......

I agree - having the occasional blow-out should be allowed once it's not every day of the week! I know someone who does her own 5:2 version - 100% good, healthy, low carbs, small portions, no snacks, alcohol etc for 5 days then eats/drinks what she likes on 2 days... Not a bad system eh?

Clareb - I used to feel the same. I felt I was still 'fat me' even though I went down to a size 12 (I actually brought a size 14 dress cos I didn't believe I fit the size 12... the bloody straps kept slipping down! :rolleyes:) and I think that 'thought' I had, sabotaged my weight loss back then, I put the weight back on cos I didn't feel right or comfortable or believed that I deserved to be a size 12... I really hope I don't go back to that person! I plan to do reiki/Louise Hay counselling on it if I do... would you consider that?

I agree - having the occasional blow-out should be allowed once it's not every day of the week! I know someone who does her own 5:2 version - 100% good, healthy, low carbs, small portions, no snacks, alcohol etc for 5 days then eats/drinks what she likes on 2 days... Not a bad system eh?

Clareb - I used to feel the same. I felt I was still 'fat me' even though I went down to a size 12 (I actually brought a size 14 dress cos I didn't believe I fit the size 12... the bloody straps kept slipping down! :rolleyes:) and I think that 'thought' I had, sabotaged my weight loss back then, I put the weight back on cos I didn't feel right or comfortable or believed that I deserved to be a size 12... I really hope I don't go back to that person! I plan to do reiki/Louise Hay counselling on it if I do... would you consider that?

Hi! That diet sounds good to me and I think I could actually do that. I'd do the 2 at the weekends but have no weigh in on Fridays I think!

You'll get there I'm sure. I'd never heard of that counselling to be honest. When I last got to target following SW (I got pregnant not long afterwards so short lived!) I felt the same but one day I was just about to get in the shower and we had a floor to ceiling mirror in our bedroom and I actually didn't recognise myself, I jumped a mile! That was the first time I felt slimmer but that feeling stayed. Not got to that point yet this time round even though I'm about the same weight. My body shape has changed so much since having 2 little ones though so maybe that's got something to do with it???

xx

thats probably part of it post preg your body can change. i think we ll always be the most stern critic, can be supportive to others but a real biatch to ourselves. when the scales/sizes go down we have to trust them and just accept that we are indeed smaller. i m not sure that the `fat girl` ever truely goes away, the mind is a truely weird thing.

V.G think you re really going about this the right way i ve said all along this is a game of 2 halves not just the physical presence of fat but the mental idea is equally imprortant so if your combatting it on both levels the outcome is much more likely to be a success.

so weigh in 2 lbs up but pretty sure thats a lot if water going to give it a day or 2 and see what the scores on the doors say then. step 4 lets see how i do
jx

Great to hear you're embarking on step 4 - let us know how you get on with it.

I found myself nodding along to all the comments - the only place I notice any losses is my tummy - obviously other things have shrunk as shirts are looser in the arms, i'm into smaller trousers etc, but I really don't see that at all. Weird isn't it? I bought myself a load of vests/t-shirts in a large out of force of habit a couple of months ago, and had to return it all since it was the wrong size. my brain is catching up a bit, but generally, I take three sizes of jeans into changing rooms as i'm just not convinced what size I really am.

I'm with the whole 5 good days, 2 days treats are allowed thing - this is my ultimate plan after doing the steps. I just need to do the blooming steps and not go off plan at weekends!

xx

It's only in recent times that I think the mental part is just as important as the physical one... That's what helps to keep us in 'The Zone' IMO. ;-)

FlicG did a good job reading into 'whys' and 'hows' along her personal journey. I made myself do a self-reflecting exploration as to where I am now, and where I want to be... before I started this time. I do a lot of life coaching work - and it hit me: I don't always practice what I preach, so I'm trying to do more for myself. I'm not a reiki master but my sister-in-law is, I asked her to do a session with me, to get me into the zone. She does Louise Hay style counselling to get you to open up to past hurts and negative experiences and resolve them. I use a mixture of EFT/Tapping; meditation; affirmations and self reflection to keep the momentum.

I was so busy on Friday and Saturday that I didn't do any of my self-help work and look at what happened? I ate my daughter's leftover pizza without thinking... up to that point I was 100% good! :ashamed0005:

thanks for the support really helps how are you getting on? jxx

I'm doing ok I think. Total of 35 down and about the same to lose again. So half way there. I am trying to recognise little achievements along the way. Eg I am at my lowest weight for 8 years!!

I am trying not to buy any clothes as you lose so quickly. So waste of money. That is driving me crazy as I would normally buy clothes every few weeks. But it will be worth it to wait I hope!!!

drum roll please, today the scales say 10.6 and 3/4 lbs i have done it!!!! target had been reached.im with pharrell today. i know that by no means have i finished but really pleased.
jx

I'm off for a few days and look what I miss, massive pat on the back hunni, it was always only a matter of time but I'm super pleased for you.

Please keep posting for your maintenance as I know all of us who are still SS will like to read how you get on . . .

Again massive well done

I think weekend blow outs are part of life but as long as you get back on track regardless of which step you will be fine . . You will soon be back at goal weight and blow outs are part of real life so don't be too hard on yourself x x x

hi there just a wee update manging to keep mainly to track but a few sweeties have made it down the gullet oh well. having a manic time just now but will be catching up properly soon.

julie your doing really well keep up the good workx

angel saw on your thread your keeping the slimming path so chuffed for you with all thats going on really well done.

good work all we ll nail this
jx

WP_20150124_030.jpg10.8 day off out calories out the window but vodka s just too good to miss;)

I feel the same about Gin lol

Enjoy x x

Hi Jen how you doing? Enjoy your vodka?! xx

It was a crackin night we had a big blow out alright! Vodka and champagne don t make you feel so great the next day but hay ho. Even got chatted up by young things but as I could of been their mother I just enjoyed the flattery:)

sunday was a big disaster food wise if it was a food group reckoned to block your arteries I was having it. Haven t actually been on the scales yet as I know I'm up so just quietly step 4 to get back down. I'm off to a festival this weekend so just trying to be good through the week wild at the weekend and back on it ther after when I have a good run of time to get back down to target. What I am taking is I ve been in the 10s since the start of dec and I'm still here I normally bounce right out so keeping that as the bare minimum and goal remain s 10.7

jx

It was a crackin night we had a big blow out alright! Vodka and champagne don t make you feel so great the next day but hay ho. Even got chatted up by young things but as I could of been their mother I just enjoyed the flattery:) sunday was a big disaster food wise if it was a food group reckoned to block your arteries I was having it. Haven t actually been on the scales yet as I know I'm up so just quietly step 4 to get back down. I'm off to a festival this weekend so just trying to be good through the week wild at the weekend and back on it ther after when I have a good run of time to get back down to target. What I am taking is I ve been in the 10s since the start of dec and I'm still here I normally bounce right out so keeping that as the bare minimum and goal remain s 10.7 jx

Can't beat a bit of flattery ( although you do look fab so It doesn't surprise me you received attention ) I also think our confidence shines out and drawers people in !

A good night out also makes a good but naughty food day the next day ( I had a belly busting breakfast last week in Edinburgh last week and boy was it blooming good )

Here's to a fab week and another step closer to your goal. . . . .
I think your doing fab Hun x

Can't beat a bit of flattery ( although you do look fab so It doesn't surprise me you received attention ) I also think our confidence shines out and drawers people in !

A good night out also makes a good but naughty food day the next day ( I had a belly busting breakfast last week in Edinburgh last week and boy was it blooming good )

Here's to a fab week and another step closer to your goal. . . . .
I think your doing fab Hun x

Thank you love, you are so right about the confidence increasing. I know I won't be giving up nights out and hangover days just not my nature so I need to get my head around sorting it out quickly and sensible eating in between. I'm getting better at this but know I can be derailed so I ll just do my best and keep goin.

jx

Hey Jen,

Great to hear about your weekend/motivation to get back on track. I love reading your posts because of your dedication and progress through the steps really help someone like me who's floundering about at the moment.

Enjoy your festival - I think ultimatley, my path will be similar in that weekends are busy and fun filled, but then I just pull back during the week to get back close to target. It's all swings and roundabouts I guess and i'm definitely seeing what you do with going back to the step you're on after a "blow-out" and working hard at it, rather than falling back to a ketosis step and struggling through.

xx

Ah if we didn't have our nights out what is the point in it all - what's the point of being thin and looking fab but sat at home on your own with no-one to see??!!! I don't know why exactly but that thought has really tickled me up, perhaps it's struck a chord in me or something :D

xx

Hey flick 99% flounder at some point that isn't the prob it's getting back that is what counts. I ve fallen of the wagon more times than I can count and sometimes I'm successful and sometimes I'm not. Don t expect perfection from yourself that is too high a standard, just keep doin what you can. sometimes that ll be a bit of damage limitation at other times you be the very definition of the perfect slimmer. We will get there
jxx

Here here, maybe we should all bin our scales and just judge our weights by how clothes fit instead. I've realised today I'm becoming a bit obsessed with the numbers :/ xx

Back