The two kinds of people who do a VLCD

very true x

Have been SS on the CD for seven weeks as of tomorrow and have lost 27lbs. On a 12 week challenge to lose 43lbs. Got 18lbs more too lose in five weeks to get to 9.7. I'm not going to cheat but I have been feeling pretty sorry for myself the past couple of days! Misery! Can't believe I haven't eaten more than 450cals for seven weeks. On the upside I am not a healthy bmi!

My son said to me yesterday mum are you not missing food (on the way to the chip shop), I said no I know what chips & Gravy taste like I've eaten what I want when I want for 30 years, a few months going without it is nothing if it gives me a better healthier body. I don't feel trapped or deprived of food it's there if I want it but I don't want it I want to be slimmer more, that is more tasteful than any bag of chips & gravy!

Fantastic post.
Food is actually my prison, not dieting. I lost stone and a half between may and july on CD and got to goal (looked and felt fab!) Then just stopped. Put back on 8lbs so followed juddd on hols and lost 9lbs. Came back and could not control my food intake, i was mrs starve/binge. Buying loads of s**t food and sneaking off to my car or my room to stuff my face, and not telling anyone, now that is imprisonment-secret bingeing!

I really want to come back to CD to rediscover the self control that the diet gave me, that in itself is a freedom to me. Freedom to look at food and not stuff it all in so that i feel/am sick! The mental freedom of not beating myself up about what goes in my mouth is another positive of CD that i remember.

I am heavily in to sports/fitness and do martial arts and running 5/6 times a week so going back to 'normal' step2 (which is what i did the whole time previously) is not really an option for me as i don't want to stop training and lose fitness (amazing i can be overweight but still fit?!) but i need energy to train.
My plan therefore is this: have two step2 meals a day, one at brekkie and one at dinner time with my 3 shakes whenever i want them. We'll see how that goes. If anyone has any thoughts or similar experiences I'd love to know :) But making this decision has made me relax for the first time this week as i KNOW this works!

Truly inspirational post here! I feel that i'm deprived whilst on ss,but in actual fact the elated feeling of watching my clothes get looser and people sayimh how gret i look lasts alot longer than the temporary 'high' i get from stuffing my face! Nice one! x

Caroline_Louise said:
Fantastic post.
Food is actually my prison, not dieting. I lost stone and a half between may and july on CD and got to goal (looked and felt fab!) Then just stopped. Put back on 8lbs so followed juddd on hols and lost 9lbs. Came back and could not control my food intake, i was mrs starve/binge. Buying loads of s**t food and sneaking off to my car or my room to stuff my face, and not telling anyone, now that is imprisonment-secret bingeing!

I really want to come back to CD to rediscover the self control that the diet gave me, that in itself is a freedom to me. Freedom to look at food and not stuff it all in so that i feel/am sick! The mental freedom of not beating myself up about what goes in my mouth is another positive of CD that i remember.

I am heavily in to sports/fitness and do martial arts and running 5/6 times a week so going back to 'normal' step2 (which is what i did the whole time previously) is not really an option for me as i don't want to stop training and lose fitness (amazing i can be overweight but still fit?!) but i need energy to train.
My plan therefore is this: have two step2 meals a day, one at brekkie and one at dinner time with my 3 shakes whenever i want them. We'll see how that goes. If anyone has any thoughts or similar experiences I'd love to know :) But making this decision has made me relax for the first time this week as i KNOW this works!

Hi There I'm exactly the same as u!!! It is soo bloody awful I'm either on a healthy diet /starvation or else I binge!!! eattin approx 8 bars of chocolate a bar plus loads of other crap and it's gets me down so I just eat more x this is my 1st time tryin cd and I'm doin the ss which is no food at all (I'm an all or nothin person) lol only on 2nd day so far so good let's hope I can stick to this as I have tried everything else. Sw ww diet pills hypnotis the lot hope we can help each other x x

Great post

Really good post :) it's totally true! xx

OMG! This is so true! I was seeing it like a prison sentence, but actually it's not! It's my choice, I've chosen to loose the weight, that has stoppede being 'me' for too long! Thank you

Brilliant Mike, you are spot on! I just started VCLD diet and this is what I needed to read.. I was feeling happy anyhow, but ready this has made me even more happier... X

Ah this was such a helpful thread! I'm definitely all-or-nothing as well, I'm hoping that doing CD will help me change my attitude towards food and develop a healthier outlook! Food is fuel, I need to stop abusing my body by eating excessive amounts of junk food and then wondering why I'm such a little tubster!

This has really helped me thank you! Xxx

Excellent post. Thanks.

This is very true and absolutely in the past I've been of the prison mindset but this time round I'm the second type and feel so much better for it!! Great post

Back