The Ups and Downs along my journey

I hope all is going well! :)

Miss JT I am not weighing in till the end of the month - I am trying to stay off the scales :):)
Of course, sorry I forgot.
I really have to be careful reading your diary as it sounds soooooo good. If I lived in your house I would prob be 30 stone, everything sounds so nice. I daren't cook in my house just yet as it would all dissappear before it was cool:eek:. Hows today going? Im on a DD again.

Hey Hey!!!! :D

How is it going?

YOU CAN DO IT! :D

thanks for being here for me ladies

well as you know I have been having horrendous headaches
so I am going to stop juddd for about a week and I am first going to kick all caffeine out of my system - I am wondering if the headaches are because of the nature of the plan - its almost like attempting a detox on alternate days
once I have done that hopefully any headaches I get will be over with in a week I will start back on plan with avengeance
I will be doing slimming world until monday - hopefully that will be long enough to get rid of the headaches once and for all
I love doing Juddd but cant live with no sleep due to headaches - if this doesnt work I will be seeing my doctor

I will keep posting here if that is ok with you girls as I feel we are a small but very supportive group and I really dont want to give up - I just need to concentrate on one thing at a time

so I am following slimming world on every day until I go back to alternate days
I am taking to work
orange mango and cinnamon tea
cranberry raspberry and elderflower tea
and rooibos
see NO caffine

although my weight stalled on slimming world (thats why I started Juddd) I do feel it will at least enable me to maintain my weight until I am over these headaches

Yes you're right it could be caffine related, hopefully once it's out of your system the headaches will go. Let us know how you get on hun x

Bless:patback: I hate having a headache it just upsets everything. Best to get them sorted and rule out certain foods/drinks. If you are anything like me I drink loads of coffee/tea to get me through a DD, far more than I would on a UD so caffine may just be the problem. Hope they go very soon x

Wow what a fantastic cook are you - it sounds delicous all your chutney, preserve and various shortbreads. I agree can't do coffee before a tea in the morning - how strange. Glad you are feeling better in yourself except for the piggin' headaches. Hope you get that sorted but yes could well be caffiene related. I've heard detoxing from it can last two weeks of so and then gradually tails off with the headaches. Best to get checked though. Take care.

I don't exercise....
If God had meant me to bend over he'd have paved the streets with chocolate!
This quote in your signature really made me laugh.

well everyone need I say I have a headache
I have got used to drinking the rooibos now - has a strange taste but as I say I have got used to it
not having any pepsi max has been hard :)

have stuck to slimming world foods for the last 3 days - I know I stall and only seem to maintain on this plan - but that will be better than putting any on while I get the caffeine out of my system
hopefully I wont be one of those that suffers for a couple of weeks :)

Well done with sticking to SW. Hopefully them headaches will go soon, if not it may be best to get them checked out. I have no idea how long caffine takes to leave the body, lets hope its soon.

Just found this, I know you know what you are doing but it may help? Opened my eyes!

As long as caffeine is in your blood, it's effects will also manifest.
The time it takes for the body to eliminate one half of a caffeine dose is normally between 3 to 12 hours. It is called the half-life of caffeine. Several factors can shorten or lengthen the half life of caffeine. Smoking, medications and diseases are some factors.

The effects of caffeine can begin as soon as you swallow your caffeinated beverage or food. It easily enters the bloodstream through the stomach and the intestines. Noticeable effects can be experienced 15 minutes after ingesting and peaking at around 30 - 60 minutes.
If you regularly drink a cup of coffee or tea in the morning and another in the evening, you can expect to have caffeine in your blood every hour of the day. The effect of caffeine in your body will be active 24/7. Stress hormones are released by the adrenal glands because caffeine fools your body into thinking that you are in a stressful situation. It follows that your body is in stress mode 24/7. We cannot avoid it but we normally encounter stressful situations in our daily lives and ingesting caffeine heightens the stress effects.

We know that coffee and tea are rich in antioxidants and having these in our body gives us better protection against diseases. The irony is that coffee and tea also contain caffeine which may not be good if you take more than 250 mg (approximately 10 cups of green tea or 3 cups of coffee). Nausea, dizziness, headaches and irregular heart beats are some symptoms of taking too much caffeine.
Decaffeinated coffee or tea may be helpful although they are not totally caffeine free. At least only a little caffeine is left and you can drink more without having the symptoms of caffeine overdose and getting more benefits from antioxidants that these beverages contain. See the benefits you get from this decaffeinated herbal green tea

Good Morning, Aaleigha
I hope you have a pain free day.:wavey:

OK everyone
it is Monday morning and I am back
not headache free - so unsure if caffeine related - my blood pressure is up and when it was up before that is what I got headaches and a very blood shot eye - the doc said it looked like a trauma but blood pressure can cause it
so losing weight can only help

today is going to be a dd - I have pilates this morning and this evening I am out with my group to meet in the pub and of course take our knitting
I have been productive while not posting - spending the time making some of my christmas cards - more to make
this of course keeps my hands busy and empty of food
so plan for today
pilates
supermarket
decopatch a cat
dinner
then out to pub

dinner I think might be cauli cheese will have to work out calories - but I do have a very low calorie dairy free cheese sauce mix - so if I use that I think I can bring it in at less than 200 cals - leaving room for some potato wedges cooked the slimming world way
(cut pots into 1/4's leaving skin on - boil till nearly cooked - strain put back in pan and shake - to break up a bit - fry liberally with frylight toss to coat - add some herbs or spices pop in hot oven till done)

so think I can bring in meal for about 300 cals - will work it out properly later

it is good to be back :)

Welcome back. I'm with you on the DD... would love to hear more about this cheese sauce and thanks for the potato recipe. The vision of you in the pub knitting is a joy to imagine!

BTW I just had to google 'decopatch' for the cat.... I thought it was a flea treatment LOL! Have a great day x

BTW I just had to google 'decopatch' for the cat.... I thought it was a flea treatment LOL! Have a great day x
LOL me too, I thought you had a cat that had done something naughty and that was punishment:D

Glad to see your back but a shame about the headaches, hopefully as the weight goes so will they.

The cauli cheese sounds lovely. I would have never thought of that for dinner. Have a great evening.

love the cat comments
they really made me smile - reminder to self
must write more ambiguous statements especially they contain little known phrases :):)

off to work shortly
then afterwork need to visit a friend and go into town for some essentials

food for today will be
more carrot and corriander soup with bread
not sure about the rest of the food for today will have to work around that

hope you all have a great day

off to catch up with a few diaries - now my head is in a better place

oh any scrapbookers out there - if so I need to pick your brains :)

So glad to hear you are feeling a bit better in yourself. Would it be possible to get the dairy free cheese sauce mix recipe please... or have you posted it on another thread? Hope you have a great day and nice shopping trip with your friend.

Glad things are going well, hope you get those headaches sorted soon. I eneded up with a bad migraine on sat night, although I know what caused it and wasn't diet related, had to go to bed and still had a bit of a headache all day Sunday. Horrid, so really feel for you!

Glad things are going well, hope you get those headaches sorted soon. I eneded up with a bad migraine on sat night, although I know what caused it and wasn't diet related, had to go to bed and still had a bit of a headache all day Sunday. Horrid, so really feel for you!

Thank you

I have just caught up on your diary - sorry to have not been around

H xx

Back