The Wedding Dress Thread

Supergirl1980 said:
I love weddings!
I got married 3 years ago (it's my anniversary next week) and I had a Maggie Sottero dress too. Hopefully this link will work -

And I had deep purple peep toed shoes!

Gorgeous :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Supergirl1980 said:
Could be... No one commented on mine either! Still, I think I look fab in it!

I am surprised that some people found dress shop staff rude. The shops I went into had lovely staff. That said, I did call ahead to every one and check that they would have something for me to try on in a 24. I would have been mortified to go somewhere and be told I was too fat to even try anything on.

You did! I had to go back and have a nose ;-)

Shirleen said:
Problem with being a bridesmaid isn't always so much the style as the colours! Often Brides choose their colour and that's it, cue red-headed girls in clashing pink, olive skinned in lilac etc.
I think most colours will suit IF in the right tone, so a pale lilac dress may look hideous on someone, yet a deeper tone of the same colour will look stunning, and vice versa.

Mind you a Bo Peep dress looks vile in all colours!

I have bright red hair.... Maybe I'll have to change the colour for the day! She has great taste and I don't think that she would make me wear a big lime green meringue or anything :D I'm thinking she might go for a classic look and muted colours. I guess I will have to wait and see xx

I hate rude and insensitive people they should be put in a cage and poked with sticks, thank god I wasn't getting my dress from there because if she had said anything about my weight I would have strangled her with the measuring tape!

X x x

Ah we all have the tendency to be rude and insensitive sometimes, its happend on this thread for example, but no one has suggested caging and poking with sticks is the answer :) maybe you just got her on a bad day?

If she is the one I'm think of (correct me if I'm wrong JVS) she seemed to be a perfectly nice woman, who was kinda tiptoeing around a group of people who have a reputation (whether earned of not is anyones guess) to kick off at the slightest opportunity. It seems like they bring her a hell of a lot of business as well so I imagine she would try and be as nice and inoffensive as possible.

I noticed a similar thing with the beauty therapist who was doing the sray tans etc for the 1st communion. I imagine her p[ersonal thoughts were that it is a bit sad that such young girls are having those kind of treatments, but she's not paid to have an opinion - she paid to do the work and she doesn't want to offend.

Anyway, i actually came on to post the pic of my flowers but in a massive shock got side tracked :), so here they are.

Attachments

• Wedding venue.JPG
    Wedding venue.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 67
  • bouquet.JPG
    bouquet.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 76
MinkyDinky said:
I have bright red hair.... Maybe I'll have to change the colour for the day! She has great taste and I don't think that she would make me wear a big lime green meringue or anything :D I'm thinking she might go for a classic look and muted colours. I guess I will have to wait and see xx

But Lime green will go great with Red Hair!
Just no Apricot! Lol

just joined this website and also just started slimming world diet. not going to meetings but sticking to it like crazy as i too am getting married in aug this year. i feel sick at the thought of walking down the isle and just not feeling happy with myself so i have about 6 months to sort it out! dresses on here are stunning! cant wait to have mine but first fitting not until june so im hoping to have a good weight loss by then. xx

Regardless of your weight loss you will look fabulous. Wedding dresses have a way of making even the most frumpy of us look stunning (I am talking about myself there not you btw).

Good luck with losing weight x

kingleds said:
Regardless of your weight loss you will look fabulous. Wedding dresses have a way of making even the most frumpy of us look stunning (I am talking about myself there not you btw).

Good luck with losing weight x

That's true! Listen to this woman Xxxx

kingleds said:
Ah we all have the tendency to be rude and insensitive sometimes, its happend on this thread for example, but no one has suggested caging and poking with sticks is the answer :) maybe you just got her on a bad day?

If she is the one I'm think of (correct me if I'm wrong JVS) she seemed to be a perfectly nice woman, who was kinda tiptoeing around a group of people who have a reputation (whether earned of not is anyones guess) to kick off at the slightest opportunity. It seems like they bring her a hell of a lot of business as well so I imagine she would try and be as nice and inoffensive as possible.

I noticed a similar thing with the beauty therapist who was doing the sray tans etc for the 1st communion. I imagine her p[ersonal thoughts were that it is a bit sad that such young girls are having those kind of treatments, but she's not paid to have an opinion - she paid to do the work and she doesn't want to offend.

Anyway, i actually came on to post the pic of my flowers but in a massive shock got side tracked :), so here they are.

I think the poking with stick reference was aimed more at the mean staff I mentioned and not at Thelma :) I was just happy that shop closed down - no cages or sticks required ;-)

I agree though - Thelma seems to have the patience if a saint at times on that show - I mean - pineapples and palm trees??!!!!

kingleds said:
Tell me about it. I thought I would stop breathing I was laughing so much!!!

To be fair the cat dress wasn't that bad! Comparatively!!!

What's people's thoughts on the bridesmaids dresses? Being that I am going to be one later this year want to look bloody lovely too but you know how it goes, can't upstage the bride :D Not that I would (she is athletic, 5 ft 10, part Danish with long blonde hair and blue eyes - we call her the Amazonian god!) but just don't know what the 'rules' are xx

I am going to be a bridesmaid for my sister this summer and we are being measured tomorrow for our dresses. The colour is teal and I have quite dark hair so it seems to suit me. I have liked that my sister has fully involved me in choosing the dress style as she knows what makes me feel uncomfortable particularly as her other adult bridesmaid is a size 6!

I'm having 4 bridesmaids, and I have no idea what to do with them! One is 5ft, red head and a busty size 12, one is 5ft 10, slim build, blonde and size 14, one is 5ft 5, brunette and size 24, and one is aged 10, but about my height! £100 budget for each of them, that will be a fun filled day out :D

Tinytootz said:
I'm having 4 bridesmaids, and I have no idea what to do with them! One is 5ft, red head and a busty size 12, one is 5ft 10, slim build, blonde and size 14, one is 5ft 5, brunette and size 24, and one is aged 10, but about my height! £100 budget for each of them, that will be a fun filled day out :D

Good luck with that! x

nik86 said:
I am going to be a bridesmaid for my sister this summer and we are being measured tomorrow for our dresses. The colour is teal and I have quite dark hair so it seems to suit me. I have liked that my sister has fully involved me in choosing the dress style as she knows what makes me feel uncomfortable particularly as her other adult bridesmaid is a size 6!

Ooh Teal is a lovely colour x

kingleds said:

I was actually referring to the lady who told one of the girls she was to big for any of these dresses.

Oh well you know if the tv says she's nice obviously I must be wrong and I've made up my experience!

(kingleds I hope you read this in jest as it was meant)

Last edited:
MissSlinky2011 said:
I was actually referring to the lady who told one of the girls she was to big for any of these dresses.

Oh well you know if the tv says she's nice obviously I must be wrong and I've made up my experience!

Words fail me!!!!!

Shirleen said:
Words fail me!!!!!

All I did was share an experience I had in that shop where the woman was rude to me but I've been told by multiple people I'm wrong.

All I wanted when I posted that story was to see if anyone else had experienced anything similar but instead all I've had is people tell me I'm wrong. I'm sorry that was my experience of her and that's not going to change but it was never my intention to try and make anyone else change their mind of them yet everyone is trying to force me into changing my Opinion because I feel differently.

Mrs.S. said:
Time for cages & sticks???? :p

It's funny I only see you POP up when your trying to add flames to a fire that has no reason to exist.

Back