The Weirdest Thing...

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by goolian, 4 June 2008 Social URL.

1. goolian

goolian Fab & Fit For Florida

Slimming World
    into my third week of CD and i still feel amazing... enjoying every second...

but the weirdest thing happened when i came in from work... i walked into the kitchen, opened the fridge and started scanning the fridge....

then i was like what the hell!?!?!?!?!?!?

never even felt hungry... dunno wot the hell that was about...

worse thing about it, i did the dishes and walked towards the fridge AGAIN!!!! lol
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Gold Member

old habits die hard :)

I heard it takes doing something 21 times to establish a routine, probably takes 10 times that to break a routine :)

I'm in week 10 and I am still feeling very good, I've had difficult days but managed to stick to it 100% and I think that in itself contributes to feeling good ;)
  4. BigPants

BigPants Full Member

I'd never really noticed it myself, but my mum mentioned that every time I go back home to get in to the house I go through the utility room and pass the fridge. I used to open the fridge without even thinking and I don't even live there lol. I make a concious effort to stop doing it now.

Habits :)
  5. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

i have my fat pics on fridge and that alone stops me opening it :D

PRINCESSB Member

Wow have you seriously lost 2 and a half stones in 9 or 10 weeks? I weigh 13stones 12lbs and I really need to shift or shall i say kick start my diet and loose approx 2 stones before my brothers wedding in August.......Please tell me its possible? I'm off to Mexico in 22 weeks and I really am desperate to get down into the 8 stone mark........I am really scared of failing and feel worried that I have to do this diet for over 5 months.....I guess if I want to shift my underhang on my tummy and everywhere else, I'm going to have to make that committment right........xx
  7. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Gold Member

Hi Princess, yep in exactly 9 weeks I lost 2st 10.6lbs and still losing :) I have loved this diet, and the losses have been very motivating for me to keep going.

Initially when I started, I said I would do the diet so long as I wasnt miserable. Well by the end of day 1 I was miserable because I felt so sick and was scouring my brain to think what I would do instead. I decided as bad as I felt I would leave the decision of what to do till the next day.

Things didnt seem so bad the next day even though I still felt somewhat sick. I changed from shakes to the prepacked tetra drinks and I havent looked back.

Last weekend I was starting to get antzy for food again, but prior to that I've had only the old emotional blip, nothing that I would say would make me give up the diet early.

It is tough, and staying on track 100% is the best way to avoid temptations. You have to fight to keep on course especially at the beginning, it can be a real test of will power but if you keep your goal for your holiday in mind, you will do it :)

Best of luck

PRINCESSB Member

Thanks for your reply Hedgehog, I have tried the diet 4 times before, this is the 5th time I have re-started, I really dont want to fall off this time round......Socially the cambridge diet is difficult and especially when you dont want others to know your dieting, well extreme dieting..... I know its got to be done, I did this diet for 5 weeks and lost 1 stone but never got my head around doing it after.....

I will keep my holiday in mind as a motivator.....You have given me reassurance that I can loose at least 2 stones plus in such short time providing I stick to the diet......Cheers!!!! Wish you luck
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.