The Wright Stuff this morning?

Discussion in 'Bring your Head Inside and your Body will Follow' started by sweetnessandlight, 31 August 2010 Social URL.

1. sweetnessandlight

sweetnessandlight Member

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(12.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Did anyone see this this morning?

They were talking about how losing weight changes your personality. So perhaps you were more outgoing and had more fun before because you weren't so strictly watching your food all the time. Or maybe you feel less attractive cos you loose your curves and your boobs. What does everyone think?

I know I use eating as a way of being the life and soul of the party. When other people were stopping I'd be having more and it seemed like I was such a laid back person but really it was making me so unhappy!

They suggested that weight loss should be accompanied by therapy. Whilst I think this wouldn't be the answer for a lot of people I think it is good to be aware of what's going on inside.

Food for thought on this Tuesday morning!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Wrinkly

Wrinkly Recovering chocoholic.

Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Diet:
    Low Carb
    Good post sweetnessandlight, I certainly have more self confidence when I'm slimmer.

4. Wrinkly

Wrinkly Recovering chocoholic.

Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Diet:
    Low Carb
    :eek: Sorry, posted twice!!

5. Fiesty

Fiesty Melting the fat

Start Weight:
    20st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    8st2lb(39.18%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge ss+
    I have always been outgoing but certainly feel more confident now. Its the feeling that people are seeing me instead of my obesity that helps I think, well for me anyway.

6. TRISTAR

TRISTAR Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st12lb
    Current Weight:
    19st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9.5lb(12.25%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I don't think I'll be losing my curves, if anything I'll be re-gaining them. The extra weight just made me rounded and less defined.

7. snugglebug

snugglebug Member

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st5lb(37.71%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    i am definatly more outgoing when slimmer .. when im at my biggest i find im quiet and wear dark colours cos i dont really want people to notice me ...
    i also take things to heart alot more, and feel really self concious when out, especially in places like mc donalds ....

8. SaladDays

SaladDays Re-starter!

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.75%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    At my biggest, I felt like I was over exaggerating my personality so that people would notice me and not just my size. As I've been losing weight, I've levelled out a bit I think. I've also changed the way I dress a little bit, I still wear bright colours but because I want to not as a challenge. When I was bigger I'd wear really bright in-your-face colours as if to say "I know I'm big and I don't care!". It's weird looking back as you're losing weight to see how your attitude and personality changes as well, even if you might not think it has at all.

9. st.angelo

st.angelo Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lighterlite lite
    It's ironic that I am a shadow of my former self personality wise since I have put on weight!

I dress very drabbly and compensate for not buying 'slim' clothes by spending money on handbags, make up, perfume and every face cream ever made to justify that because I can't buy nice clothes I do deserve something else! Twisted I know!

I am also much much quieter and instead of being the life and soul I try to sit in a corner when I go out and just observe everyone else.

I have moved to wales from essex and didn't know anyone so no one knows that I haven't always been the quiet listener.

I'm not saying that when I lose the weight I will start dancing on tables and wearing mini skirts but I know that I will be able to walk into a room without staring at the floor and trying to sit down at the back of the room as quickly as possible!

10. Canadatogo

Canadatogo Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13lb(20.1%)
    Diet:
    The stress, alcohol, and lack of money diet
    I've lost most of my weight around my belly (I think, I haven't compared before and after photos yet!) and I'm a LOT more comfortable now wearing fitted tops. Still not crazy about my arms, but just not wearing a hoodie when I'm around people is a huge step for me! It's wierd, because most of the people I know now (because I've moved a couple times) never got to see me when I was at my biggest and only wearing things to try to cover myself up, but I still see that it's a pretty big change for me!

11. valerie11

valerie11 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.72%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    i am quite shy and will hide in the corner at any function but when i lose weight i am so much more confident love it makes me feel on top of the world :)

12. Emmaline

Emmaline Hippety Hop!

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8.2lb(9.82%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting and low carbs
    My feelings are exactly the same. When fat as I am now I find it very hard to get to know people as I always feel -Why would they want to know someone like me?- I have been really slim three times during my life and felt so good about myself, more energetic and confident. It's so strange that I/we then allow the weight to creep back on!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.