The Wright Stuff this morning?

Did anyone see this this morning?

They were talking about how losing weight changes your personality. So perhaps you were more outgoing and had more fun before because you weren't so strictly watching your food all the time. Or maybe you feel less attractive cos you loose your curves and your boobs. What does everyone think?

I know I use eating as a way of being the life and soul of the party. When other people were stopping I'd be having more and it seemed like I was such a laid back person but really it was making me so unhappy!

They suggested that weight loss should be accompanied by therapy. Whilst I think this wouldn't be the answer for a lot of people I think it is good to be aware of what's going on inside.

Food for thought on this Tuesday morning!

I have always been outgoing but certainly feel more confident now. Its the feeling that people are seeing me instead of my obesity that helps I think, well for me anyway.

I don't think I'll be losing my curves, if anything I'll be re-gaining them. The extra weight just made me rounded and less defined.

i am definatly more outgoing when slimmer .. when im at my biggest i find im quiet and wear dark colours cos i dont really want people to notice me ...
i also take things to heart alot more, and feel really self concious when out, especially in places like mc donalds ....

At my biggest, I felt like I was over exaggerating my personality so that people would notice me and not just my size. As I've been losing weight, I've levelled out a bit I think. I've also changed the way I dress a little bit, I still wear bright colours but because I want to not as a challenge. When I was bigger I'd wear really bright in-your-face colours as if to say "I know I'm big and I don't care!". It's weird looking back as you're losing weight to see how your attitude and personality changes as well, even if you might not think it has at all.

It's ironic that I am a shadow of my former self personality wise since I have put on weight!

I dress very drabbly and compensate for not buying 'slim' clothes by spending money on handbags, make up, perfume and every face cream ever made to justify that because I can't buy nice clothes I do deserve something else! Twisted I know!

I am also much much quieter and instead of being the life and soul I try to sit in a corner when I go out and just observe everyone else.

I have moved to wales from essex and didn't know anyone so no one knows that I haven't always been the quiet listener.

I'm not saying that when I lose the weight I will start dancing on tables and wearing mini skirts but I know that I will be able to walk into a room without staring at the floor and trying to sit down at the back of the room as quickly as possible!

I've lost most of my weight around my belly (I think, I haven't compared before and after photos yet!) and I'm a LOT more comfortable now wearing fitted tops. Still not crazy about my arms, but just not wearing a hoodie when I'm around people is a huge step for me! It's wierd, because most of the people I know now (because I've moved a couple times) never got to see me when I was at my biggest and only wearing things to try to cover myself up, but I still see that it's a pretty big change for me!

My feelings are exactly the same. When fat as I am now I find it very hard to get to know people as I always feel -Why would they want to know someone like me?- I have been really slim three times during my life and felt so good about myself, more energetic and confident. It's so strange that I/we then allow the weight to creep back on!!

Back