They say unlimited, but I don't think it's true

I'm guilty of eating until I've felt uncomfortably full, but that was before SW. My brother in law once ate so much at Christmas that he ended up with excruciating abdominal pain and was rushed to A&E thinking there was something dreadfully wrong with him. He was extremely embarrassed to be told that all that was wrong with him was that he'd overeaten. The annoying thing is that he's not overweight even though he loves his food so much.

I truly believe it IS unlimited, as long as you are not eating beyond being really full.

The trouble with coming off the type of diet you have been on, is that you have been restricted in your carb intake. Carbs are what hold on to water in your body, when you go on VLCD or diets which restrict carbs and so you have a rapid weight loss because your body is not restoring very much fluid.

Then when you change from that and go back onto to normal eating or a diet that allows you to eat lots of carbs, your body goes insane, cos all of a sudden it is restoring fluid again. Hence why you may find that it will take a while for your body to adust to the new diet.

I will not give up yet, keep it up and you will see it works, because it does.

I find when I start sw I eat more in the first few weeks but as time goes on my portions sizes shrink a little. I have to be careful though, because if I get too hungry I tend to overeat when I do start eating, or I eat rubbish food. So long as you vary your food and don't eat loads of one thing, you'll find what works for you.

I truly believe it IS unlimited, as long as you are not eating beyond being really full.
Is that not the same as eating until you are comfortably full? It's no longer unlimited. I know it may seem like semantics but I can't see how you could eat and eat all day (even if it is free foods) and take in a large amount of calories that you're not burning off and still lose weight.

I don't see anything wrong with SW marketing their diet as unlimited as it does work but I think that it should be stressed at class yes it's unlimited but try to eat until you are comfortably full.

Saying that the 'idea' of unlimited definitely works for me, since starting I have without thinking eaten until I was comfortably full because I am not restricted I think if you approach SW that way that is the beauty of it :D
Wendy

SW does say that moderation and variety is the key to successful weight loss. Using the word unlimited is just clever psychology because as we all know the No.1 reason for failing diets is the feeling of deprivation. One may have problems with SW using the word unlimited but surely no one can literally eat or drink an unlimited amount of anything and I think that is what SW is basing their claims on.

I snack on uncle bens rice pouches, and I still lose.

Maybe some people are just different, but I eat 2 dinner sized meals a day, plus snacks, and still lose.

I think you are just very lucky. To be honest, if I could eat that, and not put on weight, I wouldn't be fat in the first place. IYSWIM. I ahve to exercise portion control and common sense. Especially with carbs!!

Lynda

Back