They still say I need to lose another 2 1/2 stone... But what are the benefits?

I'd say don't get fixed on the numbers and the charts etc and stop when you are happy.
You ask what are the benefits of losing more and say you don't really desire to lose more and I wonder what the reasons for that are?
You could lose more and if you weren't happy you could put it back on or you could stop and then see how you feel when you have adjusted to that.
When I set my first target I wasn't going by charts but where I thought would be good for me but there was also a bit of fear about how bad my skin etc would be if I lost more and also part of me wanted to have a break from the full on dieting unfortunately I took too much of a break and need to get back to that original target but now am wondering whether I could lose more than originally did.
Its a strange and individual decision thankfully the way SW allows us to decide our own target.
Seeing pics and posts on here of people going from around my current weight and losing it does make a good difference in the majority of cases and Jessikaslashes pics show me what can be achieved.
Am rambling as usual not sure if any of it makes sense!

Bmi bollox medical indicator.

I'm 5ft 9.5" 14st 9lb. I've lost 8st+. I'm a pear shape. Size 12tops 16 trousers. I was always this shape even as a teenager, I was athletic back then lol. I can't shift any weight despite all my efforts. Its so demoralising. My waist is 29". So by the waist standards I am healthy. I look normal now but I really feel pressurised by the numbers on the scales. I'm not sure what the solution is.

Anyway thats my moan. So pre star week!

To the op, when you feel happy in your own skin it's time to maintain. X
Wish I would take my own advice.

Bmi bollox medical indicator.

I'm 5ft 9.5" 14st 9lb. I've lost 8st+. I'm a pear shape. Size 12tops 16 trousers. I was always this shape even as a teenager, I was athletic back then lol. I can't shift any weight despite all my efforts. Its so demoralising. My waist is 29". So by the waist standards I am healthy. I look normal now but I really feel pressurised by the numbers on the scales. I'm not sure what the solution is.

Anyway thats my moan. So pre star week!

To the op, when you feel happy in your own skin it's time to maintain. X
Wish I would take my own advice.

See, this terrifies me. I need to get my BMI under 30, doesn't matter what a crock BMI is, it's what I have to do. I worry that I will get to a certain point and just not be able to lose the rest of the weight. Scares me silly!

Losing 8 stone is an absolute triumph, sod what the scales say if you are happy with what you see and how you feel (I know that's easier said than done but you have done so well and deserve to enjoy the results of your hard work) :) x

missy1978 said:
See, this terrifies me. I need to get my BMI under 30, doesn't matter what a crock BMI is, it's what I have to do. I worry that I will get to a certain point and just not be able to lose the rest of the weight. Scares me silly!

Losing 8 stone is an absolute triumph, sod what the scales say if you are happy with what you see and how you feel (I know that's easier said than done but you have done so well and deserve to enjoy the results of your hard work) :) x

You'll do it. I don't know why I'm stuck right now. I have tried shaking things up, tried portion reduction etc and nothing changes. I think I need to be kinder on myself and chill a bit and hope it comes in time.

Do you need to lose it for fertility treatment, because I can't think of a better incentive. I think I may have run out of incentives and I'm just stuck. I keep hovering around a Bmi of 30. I've waited a long time to see it and my body just won't give me a 29.

Good luck on your journey. Xxx

The BMI calculators are only a guide, because if I got to the lowest 'healthy' weight I'd be 8st 4lb, and I personally would never want to see a figure as low as that! I was told by a nurse that if someone's BMI hit around the 20 mark she'd still be concerned never mind the 18.5 or whatever it is, even though I have a BMI of 23.9 I can definitely say I feel a lot healthier (obviously) than I did when it said I was overweight/obese but I think if I got to the lower end of a healthy BMI I'd certainly look ill. It's what your comfortable with at the end of the day :)

You'll do it. I don't know why I'm stuck right now. I have tried shaking things up, tried portion reduction etc and nothing changes. I think I need to be kinder on myself and chill a bit and hope it comes in time.

Do you need to lose it for fertility treatment, because I can't think of a better incentive. I think I may have run out of incentives and I'm just stuck. I keep hovering around a Bmi of 30. I've waited a long time to see it and my body just won't give me a 29.

Good luck on your journey. Xxx

Yep, that's me. Terrified that nothing I do will make a difference! All I can do is hope but I hardly even dare to do that anymore :/

Thank you and I hope you can find a point where you are happy soon. And yes, be kind to yourself. You've done so well, you deserve it! xxx

I think, give it say 5 years and medical professionals will scrap the BMI scale. It is completely inaccurate. Go with what you are comfortable with. As long as you are eating healthy, watching salt intake, lowering stress levels and exercising, then you are well on your way to a happy healthy long life :) xx

Gazter you have lost so much so fast you need to give your mind and body time to readjust, at least 6 months.

I am using the healthy bmi as my target, but that's just me, my waist is already 33" to 33.5" so in losing another 5.5 stone lord knows what it will be, again I carry weight on my bottom half. My group were appalled I want to lose so much more and couldn't believe it would only just bring me into the healthy bmi range. It does concern me a bit but I know I can change my target at any point. So yes, everyone is different, the important thing is to be true to you, no one else. Work at maintaining for now. Think how long you were big for. It will take some time to get used to the new you, and when you are familiar with your new body, if you want to lose more weight for you, then go for it.

Losing weight can be addictive. Seeing the numbers get smaller and a big cheer for a good week is great. Sometimes we need to reign ourselves in. :) whatever you decide make sure it is for you, not what a chart says.

Gazter you have lost so much so fast you need to give your mind and body time to readjust, at least 6 months.

I am using the healthy bmi as my target, but that's just me, my waist is already 33" to 33.5" so in losing another 5.5 stone lord knows what it will be, again I carry weight on my bottom half. My group were appalled I want to lose so much more and couldn't believe it would only just bring me into the healthy bmi range. It does concern me a bit but I know I can change my target at any point. So yes, everyone is different, the important thing is to be true to you, no one else. Work at maintaining for now. Think how long you were big for. It will take some time to get used to the new you, and when you are familiar with your new body, if you want to lose more weight for you, then go for it.

Losing weight can be addictive. Seeing the numbers get smaller and a big cheer for a good week is great. Sometimes we need to reign ourselves in. :) whatever you decide make sure it is for you, not what a chart says.

I can hear what you say about the addictive bit. Living a life on a poor diet is easy, living a life on a pretty much perfect diet (You know that thread, honk if you have been 100%? Well, i was 100% for six months straight). What is hard is working out how to manage introducing some foods that others are able to eat perfectly well, back into my diet without losing it.

Were you having any syns during this time? They are part of the plan too. Maybe having an extra healthy extra or two would help ease you into having these normal things without the fear of losing it. I feel naughty having cheese on toast! You could also plan these treats into your week. If it is planned into your week it isn't like you are being bad, you have planned it, which will make it easier to not do a cookie monster impersonation.

Were you having any syns during this time? They are part of the plan too. Maybe having an extra healthy extra or two would help ease you into having these normal things without the fear of losing it. I feel naughty having cheese on toast! You could also plan these treats into your week. If it is planned into your week it isn't like you are being bad, you have planned it, which will make it easier to not do a cookie monster impersonation.

Of course, usually had ten to fifteen a day, sometimes I would only have five to ten.... I just ate my first double decker in a very long time. It tasted sooo good.

Oh good. Sometimes we get people at group who say they had no syns all week so they should get a better loss than they did get.

See, you had a double Decker, not a multipack (points to self) you enjoyed it but didn't go nuts. I have discovered the amazingness of kitkat chunky peanut butter flavour. Oh man! Soo good. And I appreciated it more, enjoyed it more and it simply tasted better than chocolate bars used to wjen I was using sugar to get me through. I will now be daydreaming about chocolate all night!

It's so tempting. The multipack of four or five is like £1.50, and it's 60p for one. But i know if i bought a multipack i would eat every single last one of them.

Missy, update, I lost 3.5lb this week lol! I seem to plateau then lose a chunk. I just have to take it as it comes I guess. Good luck, you can do this.x

Missy, update, I lost 3.5lb this week lol! I seem to plateau then lose a chunk. I just have to take it as it comes I guess. Good luck, you can do this.x

Ahhh brilliant! Well done :) It seems like a long road sometimes but stories like yours convince me that I can do this! x

missy1978 said:
Ahhh brilliant! Well done :) It seems like a long road sometimes but stories like yours convince me that I can do this! x

You are doing it! :-D

Still so far to go! And stupid Xmas is getting in the way :/ I think I'm just getting antsy and running out of patience...

missy1978 said:
Still so far to go! And stupid Xmas is getting in the way :/ I think I'm just getting antsy and running out of patience...

I know that feeling. I got.my 8st heard in October and hardly any movement since despite my efforts.

You can get through xmas. I know it feels slow now but the weeks and the lbs add up.

Back