Things I learnt this week

Good plan wrinkly - they are brilliant for one off occasions when you have to eat out and swap for dessert - otherwise they are they devil staller in disguise!

6lbs! well done love, that's great going

Thanks Jim - I know lots of it's water as it's a week one weigh in - but it's a nice start to give me a boost to carry on.

Piglet you dd great 6lbs is a good start to the new year.

Aww thanks - onwards and downward eh? :)

I have decided not to try the bars, I am too easily tempted & may not stop at one.

SOOOOOOO right Wrinkly - I bought 5 today to have in store as emergency rations - Between me and the OH - there is now only one left! I hope there are no emergencies coming!

Today I foolishly drank a Berocca - it was only after I finished it that I looked at the ingredients - first one Citric acid - I was starving all day!!!

Morning :) so how are you today love?

Morning piglet - how are you doing?
Xx

Hi Jim and Katie!

It's definitely not morning any more - but it's been a busy day - big deadline - so I didn't dare to get distracted from my work and log on.

Still found enough time to stop and eat though! This evening we made our first turkey "pizza". Turkey mince mixed with an egg flattened out into a circle - then baked for a while and topped with 1tsp of tomato ketchup (c=1g) a handful of cheddar and some sliced mushrooms - served with shredded lettuce.

OH and I were both very impressed although OH did question when he would be allowed to eat a potato again........I hope I can keep him on the straight and narrow.

I'll try and get some low carb preparations done over the weekend to help out with organising next week. I must admit crustless quiche is becoming a bit of a staple for breakfast and pretty quick to prepare.

Preparation and organisation really is the key to success isn't it?

I like the sound of the quiche (I'm feeling the need to have something different to sausages for breakfast!)

Morning, that pizza sounds inventive :)

end of first 2 weeks induction tomorrow - I will total the loss for the 2 weeks to see how Atkins rates my metabolic rate for loss - I've been so good not jumping on the scales every morning so I'm reasonably excited! TBH - living in a house without central heating means that in the morning in the winter there's a priority to get out of the pjs and into clothes pretty darn quick without messing round with scales!

2 weeks no blips - I hope my saintly-ness pays off!

Morning piglet, I hope your WI is a success. I stayed on induction for 6 months, but then i had over a 150lbs to lose.

add another 3lbs to what you want to lose and you can join the century club when you've done it love ;)

OH BOY! Today I have just wanted to eat and eat and eat!

The good thing is I didn't want to eat "bad things" - just things - so I could manage it by eating "good things"

Morning Piglet, you survived the day then.

Wrinkly, it took me about 2 1/2 to 3 years i think, I'd have to dig out my old diary to confirm that though.

Back