Things I learnt this week

I have learned - from the Harcombe book - that no one has been able to prove that 3500 calories = 1llb of fat!! The government, NHS, nobody!! What a con!!

Hiya wrinkly, where you been? Keeping well I hope xx

I have learned that eating chocolate cake isn't as good as you think it'll be! And it'll bloat you!

Morning PV, I tried that cocnut oil, I don't like it :(

I learned that my having kippers for breakfast will make shy foster cats into my best friends! For a while...;)

Today ( well actually this week) I learnt that Minimins hasn't actually closed down!
So I'm back. A little lighter than when I last posted on here, but not by much.
As I haven't lost any weight for months on a low carb lifestyle, I thought I'd mix it up a bit...a low carb life eating too much cheese and nut butters doesn't lend itself to weight loss. 😊
I've read through the posts in this thread and realised what a great bunch of folk, I had support wise.

So here goes for phase 2. 40 odd pounds to go and I'm going VLCD, before heading back to low carb.

I've learned that I have will power and that replacement meals aren't necessarily something that my palate appreciates, but here goes.
Day 5 now complete..100% legal.

Welcome back me!!

Hiya Piglet and welcome back!

I used to do low carb too but shifted onto SW in January and am doing much better - but with a low carb approach :). Good luck with VLCD!

I have learned that I hate Kale, no matter how it is cooked!

This week, I have learned that there is no sensible way of storing exante packets without them slipping and sliding out of the cupboard and falling on the floor. Whilst there is a major design fault for easy storage, I must have burnt the equivalent calories of a replacement meal in picking the slippery buggers off the floor. 😉

I didn't need to learn that I disliked kale, in all its leafy green-ness....I've always been aware of this fact. 😊

I have learned though after day 9 of 100% exante total solution that eating three packets of magic exante dust is doable...let's see for how long for...so far I'm actually quite enjoying it. What has amazed me is how easy it is to keep the kitchen tidy and without cooking, I actually have a little extra time in the day...all good things to keep me on the wagon.
I have more energy this weekend than last, which is good. As a result I'm thinking of going swimming sometime soon.

Hiya Piglet and welcome back!

I used to do low carb too but shifted onto SW in January and am doing much better - but with a low carb approach :). Good luck with VLCD!
Thanks Susie, glad to see a friendly face still here. Had a look around for Di (alpacca), Jim and Linzi, but they all seem to have headed off. Hopefully, I'll catch up with some of the others too.

It's good to be back. I've been doing ok but need a bit of a whoosh after stalling for a few months.
I like low carb, it suits me, but I stopped losing (didn't gain) so want to break through the wall.
I do hope SW is treating you well. 😊

SW's going great thanks, hoping for my 4 stone award in the next couple of weeks :).

I keep in touch with Linzi and Vicki on FB, and Katie pops into my Wemitts diary every now and then to say hi, but I haven't seen or heard of Jim or Di for ages, sadly.

After trying Exante Apple and Cinnamon Porridge each morning for a week, I've had quite a battle.
It invariably boils over in the microwave and trying not to waste a single gram of energy has been a struggle. It's actually quite tasty, but cleaning up boiled porridge is tough especially when one is in a hurry in the morning. Sometimes it's too hot and if one keeps the temperature low, the porridge is a weird, warm runny oaty smoothie. Today I learned that the way to cook it, is to allow it to boil over and pour the remainder out on a plate. This action, not only cools the porridge, by increasing its surface area, but also improves the consistency no end; no need to eat from a messy bowl and the thicker consistency seems to make it more filling, so it doesn't matter that a little is lost. Thumbs up! 👍👌😀

This week, I have also learned that if I am really hungry, there is a food I don't like....exante chocolate mint shakes...yuk! Really chemically tasting. I've also learned that despite feeling full of beans and definitely in ketosis, 600 kcals is not enough to do anything strenuous. Had a long day at work (16 hours) and was faint by the end of it. Played golf (four holes) was exhausted. Cycled 10 km....barely made it home!! Lots of exercise, not much food, in ketosis, 98 % legal (had a few strawberries and a couple slices of cucumber)....hoping for a good loss or a fat percentage reduction this week. Weigh in tomorrow!
Felt particularly proud this week, as I had to work away from home; didn't have the hotel breakfast or the hotel dinner. Went out where a buffet and wine was laid on; I stuck to water. It's amazing that, that power feeling is much nicer than the taste of the food! End of week three tomorrow.

OMG be careful with the exercise, you're just not taking in enough calories to sustain anything strenuous!

How did WI go?
Hi Susie
Yes exercise is bad! Trouble is my job is incredibly sedentary and at times when I'm out and about quite strenuous. One day in the field this coming week and I might take an extra bar. 😃 Week 1 was 8lb loss, week two was 2lb, this week was 3lb. All happy with that. I now weigh the same as I did when I was 18. 😁 Still motivated and ready to do another week. How are you going?

Water! Water! Water! That's what I've taken on board this week! I actually I find water makes me hungrier, so whilst I like being hydrated and do drink a few litres a day anyway, I try not to drink too much. However, after reading a post on water intake, I've upped to over 4 litres a day. I think, it's helped a bit...another 3lbs this week.
So close to being out of the obesity range now, I'm actually excited to start week 5 on Exante (accompanied by my increased water consumption 🤭).

Water! Water! Water! That's what I've taken on board this week! I actually I find water makes me hungrier, so whilst I like being hydrated and do drink a few litres a day anyway, I try not to drink too much. However, after reading a post on water intake, I've upped to over 4 litres a day. I think, it's helped a bit...another 3lbs this week.
So close to being out of the obesity range now, I'm actually excited to start week 5 on Exante (accompanied by my increased water consumption 🤭).
Hi piglet, just stopping by with a wave! hope all still going well xx

Back