Things to do in Crawley

Happy Holidays

Gold Member
Me & OH are off to Brighton next weekend mainly to go on Volks Railway. We'll be staying in Crawley as it's far cheaper, any ideas what we can do in Crawley in the evening. Or should we just enjoy our day & eve in Brighton & head back to Crawley to our B&B?:D

Hiya, I live in Crawley and tbh there isn't much to do :-( it's pretty townie and industrial coz of Gatwick airport being so close by.
Brighton is fab so spend your time there.... There is much more to do :)

I live a few miles out of Brighton but work in the city centre (so pretty much spend more time there than I do at home :D) and I would say *deffo* spend your day and evening in Brighton!

As Cleogin says, there's so much to do, you can easily spend a whole day/evening there and not be bored. Hope you have a fantastic time :)

We went to Brighton in January & wanted to go on Volks railway but it was closed for the winter.

So that is the only reason we are going again:p

When we were there in Jan we went to the Jazz club (studio downstairs, can't remember the name) which was really good but apparently there is another Jazz club do you know where it is or what it is called;)

Eeek I'm a rock chick (well more of a 'hen' at my age :D) myself so don't really know - but I've looked on Google for you and there's one called 'The Jazz Place' in Ship Street which is in the Lanes area, and there used to be one at the Komedia in the North Laine area every Friday night, but apparently that's closed til September.

Sorry I can't be of more help, hope you find it!

I <3 creepy Crawley, cos it's my boyfs home town, altho I agree that there isn't much to do. Brighton is great, but I found it very expensive. We were meant to be spending a weekend there, but ended up back in Creepy after one day to save money.

Me & OH are off to Brighton next weekend mainly to go on Volks Railway. We'll be staying in Crawley as it's far cheaper, any ideas what we can do in Crawley in the evening. Or should we just enjoy our day & eve in Brighton & head back to Crawley to our B&B?:D
I'd suggest go to Gatwick and get a flight out - sharpish;)

Brighton all the way. Even this died-in-the-wool Durham lad loved Brighton when I worked in Hove.

Sssshhhh don't tell anyone about Seaford! :)

That is the beach we go to all the time on the rare occasions we get nice weather! Long clean beach, plenty of space, free parking and clean loos! Beats being packed like sardines on Brighton beach that's for sure.

My friend stayed at at B & B in Seaford recently when they came down for my 50th do, said the brekkie was amazing, wonder if it's the same place?

Have a wonderful time! :)

Back