• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Think I am going to have to quit Exante :(

S: 22st2lb C: 19st11lb G: 14st4lb BMI: 36.5 Loss: 2st5lb(10.65%)
Well, looks like I did'nt read the small print properly :(

Turns out there is a recommendation not to have a VLCD if you suffer from gout. Having it managed successfully for the last year with medication, I am suffering from a pretty bad attack right now (first time for a year) - after reading on the web (and exante's page), looks like a VLCD can cause gout or make it worse for people who already suffer...

As much as the weighloss is great - the ability to walk pain free is better.

So, looks like I will have to have a different, slower diet.

Thanks to all for your support.

:wave_cry:

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Bernice

Silver Member
S: 13st0lb C: 8st13lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 23.6 Loss: 4st1lb(31.32%)
Oh Al that's a real shame.............I will miss the banter. I hope you find something more suitable. xx

Ouch. Does it say anything about doing a higher plan like WS? Or is it a total no-go?

Good luck with the rest of your weightloss journey - whatever vehicle you choose

xxxx

S: 17st7lb C: 11st6lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 29.6 Loss: 6st1lb(34.69%)
Sorry to hear that Al, hope you're soon feeling better and that you get a diet that suits you.

S: 26st2.2lb C: 24st13lb G: 21st5lb BMI: 54.7 Loss: 1st3.2lb(4.7%)
Oh no that sucks. My OH has had a flare up of gout, started in his ankle and moved to his knee, it's lasted over 3 weeks and even with Colchecine it's still not cleared up, I didn't know Exante could affect it, maybe he should stop too :(

I hope you're feeling better soon Al, I've never experienced it myself but seeing my OH through it I know it can be really painfull xx