• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Think I am going to have to quit Exante :(

Well, looks like I did'nt read the small print properly :(

Turns out there is a recommendation not to have a VLCD if you suffer from gout. Having it managed successfully for the last year with medication, I am suffering from a pretty bad attack right now (first time for a year) - after reading on the web (and exante's page), looks like a VLCD can cause gout or make it worse for people who already suffer...

As much as the weighloss is great - the ability to walk pain free is better.

So, looks like I will have to have a different, slower diet.

Thanks to all for your support.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Ouch. Does it say anything about doing a higher plan like WS? Or is it a total no-go?

Good luck with the rest of your weightloss journey - whatever vehicle you choose

Sorry to hear that Al, hope you're soon feeling better and that you get a diet that suits you.
Oh no that sucks. My OH has had a flare up of gout, started in his ankle and moved to his knee, it's lasted over 3 weeks and even with Colchecine it's still not cleared up, I didn't know Exante could affect it, maybe he should stop too :(

I hope you're feeling better soon Al, I've never experienced it myself but seeing my OH through it I know it can be really painfull xx