Think I am going to have to quit Exante :(

theRealBigAl

Well, looks like I did'nt read the small print properly :(

Turns out there is a recommendation not to have a VLCD if you suffer from gout. Having it managed successfully for the last year with medication, I am suffering from a pretty bad attack right now (first time for a year) - after reading on the web (and exante's page), looks like a VLCD can cause gout or make it worse for people who already suffer...

As much as the weighloss is great - the ability to walk pain free is better.

So, looks like I will have to have a different, slower diet.

Thanks to all for your support.

:wave_cry:

Oh no :( Aww thats a shame... but not worth risking your health x

Oh Al that's a real shame.............I will miss the banter. I hope you find something more suitable. xx

Ouch. Does it say anything about doing a higher plan like WS? Or is it a total no-go?

Good luck with the rest of your weightloss journey - whatever vehicle you choose

xxxx

Sorry to hear that Al, hope you're soon feeling better and that you get a diet that suits you.

Oh no that sucks. My OH has had a flare up of gout, started in his ankle and moved to his knee, it's lasted over 3 weeks and even with Colchecine it's still not cleared up, I didn't know Exante could affect it, maybe he should stop too :(

I hope you're feeling better soon Al, I've never experienced it myself but seeing my OH through it I know it can be really painfull xx

Back