Think I'm gonna give up, 4th week in, 3 week of not losing

Hi Hun....there are some really useful suggestions on here, but the one that I would pay most attention to is varying your plan. I have a little one that I get to Nursery in the mornings, then head to work for 08.30.
I take breakfast to work with me and if I fancy a cooked "full english", I make it the night before and re-heat in the microwave. Is this something that you are able to do??
My breakfasts range from weetabix, porridge, crispbreads with pate, full english, bacon, poached eggs on toast to name but a few!
I cant stress how important it is to vary your food.
Dont give up, the weight will come off.

xx

I'd also get loads of Super speed foods down you! Beetroot, tuna, melon, strawberries to name a few. I would eat more veg rather than more fruit because fruit does have alot of sugar in it, not bad sugar like chocolate but sugar none the less!

Plus if you are doing all this running then you must be putting on muscle, which weighs heavier than fat. I wouldn't worry about the scales, keep an eye on your mesurements and if your trousers start falling off you :p

Brilliant advice from all the mins as usual :)

Bril advice and you're all right. My daughter asked for egg and bacon, so I found 10 mins to grill bacon and poach eggs for us both after my eldest daughter had left. We enjoyed that!!I don't ahve a microwave. I used it so rarely that when the old one blew up, I couldn't jutsify the expense of a new one. If it will help weight loss, i will put it on my xmas list! It's soup season coming, and I do love home made soup. I can make hige pots of that. Especially thick, really lumpy veg soup. My Mum jokes it's what kept the land girls going, soup like mine! he he. On wards and downwards. I'll get there. The healthy way this time.

Lynda

You can do it! The more we've yo-yo'd up and down in the past the longer it can take our bodies to adjust to a new plan.

If you're eating lots of salad at lunch it could also be worth having more 'solid' veggies instead as they provide lots of roughage. I know you mentioned you don't have much in the way of carbs, but could it also be worth trying to add a few to your diet to help you with your running?

You will get there! :)

You could take soup to work with you too..just reheat in the morning and put in a flask...delicious!

if you don't mind me saying so. I agree with joanne, everybody is different but fruit has an awful lot of sugar in it. Did you know that half a red pepper has either the same or more vitamin C than an orange.

Hi Lynda - I've been reading this thread and checking out your eating diaries too - the suggestions so far have been really good - I've been following SW for some time, and yes, sometimes I've sts or gained but I've managed to lose 6st and hubby has lost 4 1/2 st, so I feel that I've found what works best for me over that time.

I definitely lose more weight when I stick to red for a full week - (but I know that I tend to feel more hungry, and am tempted to go over on my syns, so I need to keep highly motivated for red to work for me) - I also find that I eat LOADS of superspeed foods, tons of veggies and fruit - I TRY to eat more strawberries and melon than any other fruit, rather than just "free" fruits ! Same with the veggies - the superspeed and speed symbols are in your book and I know they work for me - so hopefully this could help you too - Best o'luck'n'stuff whatever you do! Don't let the pressure of the photoshoot get you down either, relax and enjoy the day!

Hi Lynda

I just looked at your food diary too, and you have a varied diet, but for the amount you exercise, I would think you would need to eat more hon!

Sounds odd I know, but I run about 15K a week too and find I need more food on the days I run, and sometimes the next day as well. From talking to a personal trainer, I have upped my lean protein on exercise days and have EE days on the days I run so that I can have carbs and protein in good enough quantities to refuel. Your body may be holding on to all it's calories because you aren't eating enough, just a thought, and watching the sugar in take on the off days.

Good luck honey, I know how frustrating it can be! xx

Echoing all thats been said already, but what a geat eating plan to be told to eat MORE! Go for it girl, have more variety in your diet, cut the fruit slightly and up the raw veg for snacks instead. And don't forget to drink bucket fulls too.

OK. CAn you check today's. I ahve to say I am absolutely stuffed today, and if I was running today fairly suere I couldn't eat this much. I can't run when I feel full. I also took in what was said about snacking on syns and tried not to at all today, though I did have to ahve one jaffa cake when the kids opened them.

HEXa is skimmed milk in tea

Breakfast at 8.15 am - poached egg and lean bacon

Elevenses - hard boiled egg, lean bacon in a w/m roll 57g (HEXb), mullerlight.

Lunch at 12.00 - chicken salad, 1 tabesp on homous (2 syns), 2 satsumas.

Mid afternoon - 8 crab sticks, 1 jaffa cake (2 syns), banana

Tea - steak stirfry with with loads of stir fry veg, lemon juice and soy sauce and Nandos peri peri sauce (1 syn).

I still ahve a HEXb to go. Might ahve a hifi bar crumbled over strawberries and mullerlight. ALso might ahve an options hot chocolate at 2 syns.

That would make 7 syns for the day.

Is that better?

Thanks for your time folks.

Lynda

Last edited:
Lynda thats perfect Hun! Strawberries and the hifi bar sounds delicious!

I am quite new and it is hard to get your head around how much food you need to eat. Give yourself a break, you are being really tough on you and we all loose weight differently so you just need to adapt to your new way of eating the the weight will come off..

The strawberries and the hifi bar were delicious. It was the lemon one which is just gorgeous.

Thanks folks. Just a lb next week and every week would be good.

Lynda

Brilliant menu!

Well I put on a lb this week, so am really fed up. I do feel like I ahve PMS though, so this could explain it. I came off depo in Feb, snd body still not right. I really took in to account everything that you said. Consultant's words on my menu were, 'Great, loads of variety, loads of speed foods, you'll soon start losing!'. I'm syill fed up though. I'm gonna keep going for another week, but am thinking maybe it doesn't suit and that I just can't handle this amount of food! MAybe WW is way forward for me. Hated it though, so holding off for now. The consukltant took my menus away thisweek though so can't post week's menu. Gonna write it on here again this week, so I can ask you to look in a couple of days, and tell me if/where i'm going wrong. I'm telling myself my body is taking a while to adjust from starvation typr dites, and taking in this volume of food. But it's starting to wear thin.

Thanks for listening.

ANother 100% week, then we'll see. Fingers crossed for me!!

Lynda

Awwww honey :-(

Don't give up yet! Others have said what I was going to say already, but give it another few weeks and see how you get on. Big hugs xxx

I really do feel for you hun. Your body is clearly all messed up. I do think this way of eating will be better for you long term. If your cycle is all over the place as well you will likely be retaining water, I know people that will retain 4lbs on the week before their period.. though that is little consolation and I think everyone here will agree its little consolation as we have all been there along the way. I think now you have got the hand of the variety and speed foods definitely give another 100% full week a go, I know personally my good weeks don't show up till the following weeks weigh in.

I'll be keeping everything crossed for you xx

Hiya hon, try not to lose heart xx

The advantages of going to group are that your consultant will be able to help you with your diaries and other members will chip in with advice as well.
Are you drinking enough water?
Are you having your healthy extra A choice? You mentioned it was skimmed milk in tea, but one healthy extra A choice of skimmed milk is a lot of milk!

Remember you can have UNLIMITED amount of free foods - that means scoff and scoff until you are satisfied...don;t stuff yourself until you feel ill (like I did when I first started lol) but just eat until you're full, then, if you're peckish again after 1/2 an hour - eat!

You can do this honey, I promise. Hey, if I can do it then anyone can xx

Back