Thinking abaout it .....

snapples

I have previously done VLC diets with amazing results, however I have always managed to put all the weight back on, and some more.

I need to lose 4 stone and I am very tempted by Diet Chef, however I am still undecided between doing Diet Chef or another VLC.

Has anyone done a VLC and then a Diet Chef?

Hello there. I haven't, but on reading lots of posts from people on the diet chef forum I can tell you that there have been a lot of people that have done diet chef after vlc with great success.

Diet chef teaches you about proper portion size control and calorie counting and you don't feel like you are on a diet really. It's ok to have little bits of what you fancy as long as you are within your calorie allowance so you don't deprive yourself and set yourself up to fail afterwards.

The food is yummy and I don't think the vlc diets are healthy at all so if you want my opinion I'd say do diet chef. You will love it :)

Xxx

Last edited:
Hi goingforit. Thank you for your reply. I had great success with a VLC diet and even though it's unproven I had to have my gall bladder removed a few months after the VLC diet plus I quickly put wait back on.

I think Diet Chef maybe the way to go

T

I'm planning on doing diet chef once I reach my target I'm currently doing a vlcd.

As said above its going to teach my calories and portion size and basically how to maintain my weight. I will add healthy food to diet chef to bring the calories up until I reach a level that I maintain.

VLCD

Agree that Diet Chef is far healthier than a VLCD! But actually, since the core meals total about 800 cals, and you are choosing what to add in, you can sort of vary your cal allowance anyway. If coming off a VLCD you could add just veggies and then gradually increase different foods til you find what works for you.

Yes that is the plan, I'm only going to add low GL foods that are healthy and good for me. As I want to maintain this weight.

It's hard work losing it do it's not going back on again

Hi Snapples,

I lost 4 stone on Cambridge in the latter part of last year. But just couldn't get back onto it after a Christmas/NY break despite wanting to lose another 4 stone. I always wrestled with my head not thinking it was a healthy way to lose.

I just started on diet chef last Thursday and I find it so much better and I've lost 7 pounds so far :) without feeling hungry or wanting to binge. I definitely think it is much healthier and it is much easier to stick to. The food is better than I expected from pre-prepared stuff too and it helps with learning portion control, a bit of a problem for me :p.
Also it gives me more energy than CD so I've started back at the gym.

Hi EllieG ...

I have just placed my Diet Chef order, took me ages to decide what to order. My aim is to lose the weight and keep it off, hopefully Diet Chef will be the plan for me.

Starting to get a bit busier here now which is good

I hope you do really well keep us updated on how your doing

This thread has really helped me in my decision to start diet chef too!

Today was my day 1 and hopefully will be successful!

I am finding the food absolutely delicious so far and it seems easy to follow with the food being so nice! :)

Hi nicnac

Glad you enjoyed your first day. Look forward to seeing your weight loss results

Hi Snapples,

I've been on DC for around 3 weeks and I've lost half a stone (7lbs). I was stuck for the last 6 months so that's great - plus I've only got about another 2 stone to lose so I wouldn't expect to lose it very quickly now.

The food on DC is great, although you are topping up about 400-600 calories yourself so it's not quite the 'complete meal deal' they advertise.

I've done VLCs before but as you probably know going below 1200 calories means you're more likely to burn muscle than fat, which just leads to putting it back on as soon as you finish the diet. With DC I'm a little hungry in the afternoon but it's nowhere near as bad as with VLCs. And I use my calorie top up to add bread with the soup at lunch which helps.

The DC food is lovely. Pasta, cookies and popcorn and they call it a diet! I was a bit nervous at first because it's all packaged and lasts for months so I tried a weekly delivery fresh diet instead. The food was terrible, it cost 3x as much and I didn't lose any more weight - and put it straight back as I'd missed all the foods I like. Also I was having to cook everything myself. With DC the food doesn't have a lot of additives, just salt, it's just sealed right I guess. Actually it has none of the E numbers and chemicals found in the things I would have eaten before so I wish I'd not worried so much and had just given it a go.

I was also a bit nervous about buying a month's worth in case it was awful, but they now do a trial week so you can see how you get on with the food before you commit too much cash.

Fingers crossed I keep on losing - hopefully I will keep to it and be in the healthy weight range in 6 weeks.

Hi Kittu87 ... I am looking forward to starting my Journey and to be honest I don't think I could ever do another VLCD. I work a very weird shift pattern and because of the variety and choice that Diet Chef allows I should find it ok to stick to.

I agree with you, buying a full month is a bit scary so I have ordered a good variety of stuff to try and experiment with.

I lost 5 stone in 4 months on a VLCD and if I am honest with myself I looked awful and my doctor is convinced that the drastic weight loss damaged my gallbladder and I now have something called Sphyncter of Oddi Disorder which only happens to a small percentage of people who have had their gallbladder removed.

I have been back to my doctor to talk about the Diet Chef plan and has given my a few tips on fruit and vegatbles but has warned me off bread .... oooohhh I love my bread.

Well having sorted throuhh my 2 big boxes (nearly did myself an injury lifting the boxes) I am ready to start... Day 1 is looming

Good luck for day one I hope it's an easy day for you

Thanks Lots2lose36 ..... Had a bit of chocolate granola for lunch and a splash of vegatable soup for lunch. I have to say both meals were very tasty, the soup was superb!!

Snapples, I had the minestrone soup plus a piece of bread for lunch today followed by a small fruit salad - wasn't bad at all! I had a cup of tea and a chocolate chip muesli bar for breakfast.

Am feeling quite virtuous today as I had some time before my dentist appt this morning so ran 5k on my treadmill. This makes up for the fact I went out to lunch yesterday :). I really want to see 11 stone something (anything!) on Saturday when I weigh in.

Sounds like a great day and I love fruit salad and salads yum

My weigh in day is Sunday I'm expecting 2lba this week.

Hi topcat7000.... Good luck for your Saturday weigh in.

Just wondering about everyone elses fluid intakes and how everyone differs?

3 litres of water and 1 can coke zero

Back