Thinking of buyin the recipe book. Is it worth it?

Nina41

Has anyone got the book? Do u recommend it?

Sorry but you have posted it in the wrong section, this is only for recipes. Please contact admin to have this moved to general section. Thanks :)

Sorry! Where should I post this question? What do I do now?
tks

I wouldn't buy the book, personally. The best recipes are the ones that are tried and tested by Dukan dieters (ie us on here) and not ones that have been made using (some) non-Dukan ingredients and with photos that are extremely misleading.

You'll also find other recipes suitable for Dukan if you google, often with feedback on how easy/tasty they are.

Still, up to you.:D

So the dukan recipe book is not official?

The book is official, but some recipes need too many tolerated items and there are photos showing non-Dukan foods (so obviously not a photo of the actual finished product).

However, I've not looked through the whole book (saw a Daily Mail article for my examples) - and it wouldn't put me off if I wanted to buy it - I'd have a good look in the shop (I've never cooked all recipes in a book but if 80% seem good, I'll buy it) but I do think there are plenty of recipes around here or on the net, with feedback as a bonus - that's the main reason I wouldn't bother.

Thank you! The recipes here have been helping a lot!

I agree with robinhood - I've got the book but have found the feedback on here about the recipes best (recipes in the book that I wouldn't have bothered to try have got good remarks on here and I've made them and enjoyed them).

I've got it and it's littered with errors! OK for experienced Dukaners, but a new person could have problems.

I have trouble believing he had anything to do with the book myself ;)

Hello :)
Personally I've done just fine without the recipe book and prefer to experiment myself.
Take a look at my recipe thread and see if anything takes your fancy. Everytime I stumble across something I've made but more importantly love I post it on there xxx

Back