Thinking of changing group

The Punisher

I haven't been to group for the last few weeks for various reasons. It's the run up to payday and that money is needed for bus fare (yes I am THAT irresponsible with money) and now I'm not so sure that I want to go back to that particular group.
Don't get me wrong, the people at my group are lovely. Most of them anyway. I just feel somewhat uncomfortable around them, they're all basically the consultant's family and friends and they've got their own little world going on, they go walking together, go to dinner together etc, as friends and family should do, which does tend to leave me feeling rather left out. I know that's probably a pretty immature attitude, but it'd be nice to feel comfortable in group each week.
My other reason for thinking about changing group is that Monday nights are starting to be less convenient for me. I go to a lot of footie games and we've got a few Monday nighters coming up. And come September I'm going to be in college on Monday and Tuesday nights. I know that September is a long way away but I like to plan ahead for such things.
So I was just wondering, would anyone here recommend that I change groups? Has anyone been in the situation where they've had to change groups, if so, what advice would you offer?

i changed groups because my parents would be very nosey and they attended the same group, however when i changed group they were very clicky and never shut up basically so i was paying for them to talk over the consultant.

however this was the best thing as i am now doing it alone at home and here at minimins - best thing ever!!!!

if you feel as if it would make you more comfortable then change it, do what suits you and makes you feel confortable and confident to loose the weight

I changed groups a few times before I found one I was happy at. It felt so different once I found the right one. (sadly now the consultant has moved and i may need to change again !!)

Back