Thinking of defecting from SW to WW....

I'm joining WW tonight and I'm actually really excited!
I've tried to do a shopping haul of things I'll be able to have on the plan but its been a bit of guesswork without the books etc.

Fingers crossed!

I'm joining WW tonight and I'm actually really excited!
I've tried to do a shopping haul of things I'll be able to have on the plan but its been a bit of guesswork without the books etc.

Fingers crossed!

I think staples like lean meat tuna baked beans ww bread, Pitta's and fruit and veg is a good start.

When I did ww before my weekdays consisted of weetabix and black coffee for breakfast, s wrap with chicken peppers onion and pesto for lunch and beans, toast, turkey bacon, quorn sausages for tea. My snacks would be things like ww choc cookies ww yogurts...and every day I had a curley wurley or a bag if malteasers....weight fell off!!!

Oh I also used to make a spag bol from turkey mince, tinned toms, tomato paste and onions and garlic.
Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hello fellow defectors!
I'm still in 2 minds about what to do....the only thing putting me off leaving SW is losing some of the meals my partner and I love and have found SW versions of: enchiladas, fajitas, burgers, pulled pork being the main ones!
Getting my head around new plans appeals to me because I think I've gotten complacent with SW.
Agh dilemma!

I swap over from sw to ww every few months and love both plans. I have found that with most of the meals I was eating on sw, like pasta meals and roast dinner etc, when I work out the pp I can still have them. I just stick to 250g of potato (5pp), 60 dry of rice (6pp) and 80g dry of pasta (8pp) and can have most of the meals I had on sw anyway. if I am wise with my pp in the daytime I can have a high pp value tea and sometimes even some left for a snack.

Also when doing f & h I wouldnt have pasta cos had to be wholemeal and I didnt fancy it, tried it last week and its no different really!! In fact it filled me up more.

The tastiest wholewheat pasta is the Cook Italian range which I buy from Asda.
Its much nicer then the supermarkets own version in my eyes and doesn't look so brown when cooked too.

I'm pleased they have it available in spaghetti, pasta shapes, lasagne and also macaroni too xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi everyone,

I read this thread and knew I had to hop aboard!! I have just started WW 3 weeks ago (3rd WI wed morning). I lost 5 st 5 lb on SW over 2 years 2009-2011. Kept it all off for a further year and then my Mum died. I quickly gained 1 1/2 stone and then went back to SW Jan last year and have basically struggled to get properly back in the zone since! I've attended classes every week but my heart wasn't in it anymore - id have a good run for a few weeks but it wouldn't last and I wasn't taking it seriously anymore and my frustrations with myself led to the decision that I needed a complete change to motivate me again! ! So far so good! I lost 6lb first week and 3 lb last week!! Another reason for the switch is that I want to control my portion sizes as I have a big appetite and can shovel pasta, rice and potato into my gob at the rate of knots and it really doesn't do me any favours!! This week ive been on points for that reason and im really enjoying the control. And I do love the app!!

How are you all getting on? XxX

Sent from my GT-I8190N using MiniMins.com mobile app

Amy are you still posting? Id love to hear how you're getting on xx

most of the sw recipes can be adapted to work with simple start and F&H :)

Defector here! :wavey:

On my second week of WW after nearly 4 months of Slimming World. Loving it!

So much more flexible and better suited to my lifestyle :)

Good luck all :) x x

Hi Charl27 great to hear it's suiting you too!! I really can't knock SW because it did its job for me but now I've tried WW and am feeling so motivated and excited it's also working for me and sorting my lifestyle! The point counting makes me feel in control and satisfies my OCD!!! X

In all fairness funcurls, I lost 1st1.5lb with SW but I used to stress if I was out and about and needed to eat, or if I needed something sweet, whereas now, I struggle to eat my points which is a first! They are both good, I think they just work the same for different people! X x

I know what you mean Charl, for me I feel I know where i am with WW- even though I lost a lot overall on SW I was always wondering if I was overdoing certain foods (mainly the carby stuff) just because they were free. Now I find I'm automatically having tons of fruit n veg so that I can get more for my points on everything else I eat and like you some days I don't use all my points! In other words I feel more in control X

Back