thinking of doing atkins

coraljen

hey guys just a quick question! im thinking of doing atkins and im wondering bout amount of carbs each day in induction phase-is it 20g and do i find this info from packaging? thanks for any info! jen xx:sign0144:

Hi Jen and welcome, have you read the stickies at the top, they are very informative and should get you started.

thanx jim

jim your posts are whats really inspiring me to try atkins!I tried it a few years ago for a quick fix and it really worked but dont know about long term! :)

It can be a quick fix if you only have a stone or so to lose, but for me it had to be long term Jen, I had slow but steady losses and that suited me. :)

How many lbs in a stone people??

dear me, you Ozziez ;) 14 Bren.

Thanks peeps. I knew 2.2lbs in a kilo. So 6.3kg's in a stone. that would be lovely in a month is it possible??? I think maybe only 4 kilos for me in a 4 week period as I only have max about 8 to shed.

Coraljen I just started low carbing as of Thursday/Friday last week and then absolutely to the letter as of today and feel really positive that I'm loosing and this could be a life choice for me.

Jim do you ever have pasta anymore?
Bren
X

Yes I do Bren and chips, samosa's, pastry in pies and stuff, just not on a daily basis any more. I had a couple of slices of wholemeal toast this morning.

Yeah I've maintained 66 kilo's give or take 2 for many years (at least 3). Then work as a teacher became a priority and my dad passed and I slowly abandoned my fitness regime. Over about 2 -3 years 13 kilos have crept back on and I have tackled about 5 of these.

I know what to do when i get back there and it's everything in moderation and perhaps dinner out once a week. I also used to go to the gym that day if I was going out for drinks or dinner and again the following day. Oh and water, make sure when I'm maintaining to keep up the 2 ltrs a day.

I am definitely in Ketosis, tinny taste in the mouth and very stinky breath woo!!! take a step or 5 back from me people.

XX

LOL, poor hubby. :D

We all have those moments Laura. I blame my age when I do it. ;)

Back