Thinking of going on WS early (food mentioned)

justgina

taking it 1 day at a time
Its my soon to be 3 year olds birthday next Tuesday so we are having a family meal out on Saturday. I would feel really uncomfortable sitting in a restaurant not eating so have decided that I will go onto Working Solution on that day. Have had a look at the online menu and can have a chicken salad without dressing so reckon I will be fine.
My BMI was 25.3 at this weeks weigh in so I reckon I should be moving up next week anyway. Looks like I will have to get back to a bit of food planning. Looking forward to a lovely piece of salmon. Mmmmm

I think that's a great idea. The likelyhood is your be at a normal BMi and if you are happy then seems reasonable, and it's nioce to join in with the birthday celebrations. Remember you will still have packs so you may still keep losing anyway. let us all know how it goes.

It depends what you really want to do?? If it hadn't been for this meal would you be thinking of going onto WS now ? If not, then you could ask yourself why you are changing your plans just for the sake of one meal ?? it's only a couple of hours to get through and you would probably feel proud of yourself for sticking to your plan afterwards. It's quite empowering going out and not eating, it proves to yourself that you are in control of food and it doesn't control you. Just cos there's a menu it doesn't mean you have to eat.Think about going back there next year, or before that, feeling really slim wearing a fab dress and not having any issues about your weight, rather than delaying the issue. Food will always be there !! Being with your son and your family in a nice place on a special day is what it's all about, enjoy that. Take a bar, have coffee and sparkling water or soda water. Take your camera and be the photographer taking pictures of everyone to keep you occupied. Just ask yourself how important it is to you to lose this weight and is this sort of event the thing that has got in the way of you losing it before. If so then don't make the same mistake again. It's just one meal !! you will be there with everyone and see your son enjoy it. It's a change of habit , which feels a bit awkward, not life threatening, and staying slim is all about change of habit and learning new ways of handling social and food situations. At least this is what I keep trying to tell myself. Good luck with whatever you do, RELAX about it, feel proud of sticking to your plan and enjoy having a gorgeous little three year old prince to cuddle.

I was planning on going on WS once I got to a BMI of 25, as per instructions on Exante site. I did all but one week on WS last time so I'm more than happy to lose weight that way. I found last year that I felt ill on TS and the only exercise I could manage was walking the kids to and from school. I normally do circuit training 3 times a week and run 3 times also so I look forward to getting back to that whilst I'm on WS, as I did before.

As for the meal... My norm would be to have all three courses and finish every one. Then have the cake that followed. This way I can prove to myself that I can be satisfied by a salad and a great atmosphere. I know that my battle is not losing the weight but keeping it off and I am looking forward to practising whilst I feel so positive.

Just reread advice on Exante site and it looks like I should be on the simple solution after I get below BMI 25. Think I will work my way slowly up to that. I think a jump from around 600 cals to 1200 would be too much. Got down to 9st7lb on WS last year so I think I'll stick with it at least until then.

I was planning on going on WS once I got to a BMI of 25, as per instructions on Exante site. I did all but one week on WS last time so I'm more than happy to lose weight that way. I found last year that I felt ill on TS and the only exercise I could manage was walking the kids to and from school. I normally do circuit training 3 times a week and run 3 times also so I look forward to getting back to that whilst I'm on WS, as I did before.

As for the meal... My norm would be to have all three courses and finish every one. Then have the cake that followed. This way I can prove to myself that I can be satisfied by a salad and a great atmosphere. I know that my battle is not losing the weight but keeping it off and I am looking forward to practising whilst I feel so positive.
Sounds like you have a good well thought out plan, that's best for you and your health !

Have fun !

Back