Red Days Thinking of moving from EE to Red....

Can anyone offer some advice on how to move over eating plans because Red days are so much more restrictive than EE days! :sigh:

Any recipe ideas???

They're not really that restrictive - you can still have everything you would have on an EE day on a Red day, you just need to count it as a Healthy Extra or Syns. What is your reason for wanting to swap to Red days? There are loads of recipes on here, and even a thread called Red day ideas.

Because I am insulin Resistant and my weight loss is slowing down I need to cut out some carbs.

Ive just been to use to having a decent portion of carbs! lol

I had to cut carbs so tend to mix EE and Red days, just remember on Red days you either don't have your side portion of carbs or you have then as a HEb or Syns (but if you want carbs with your meal i'd suggest turning it to a EE day), other than that its all the same except having two lots of HEa and b.

Im having 2 red days after 2 green days, last week i done EE all week, but thought i was eating too many carbs because i could, the green days i throught was very easy as i am not a big meat eater, but i have stuff in the freezer that i need to use, so i thought doing red for 2 days will get rid of it, then i am going to do EE for 1 day, then back to green, so basically i am going to break my week up with all plans x

Ive done red all week and lost 3lb which is extremely good for me as i lose weight very slowly!

Thanks guys!
I think i might go for red days in the week and EE on weekends!

We will see what next weeks weigh in brings! :)

Hi I do mostly red. I would say best tips to stick to it are on what to serve with your main meals, here are some things I tend to swap carbs for:

SW Chips - instead of potato I use Butternut Squash and have these as chips or wedges - lovely with paprika sprinkled over
Rice - Swap this for cauliflower rice
mashed potato - Carrot and swede mash - i.e. top your shepherd's pie with this
pitta bread - you can have a WW Wholemeal Pitta bread as a HEB so will serve this with salads or bolognese for example

Hope these are some help and otherwise just bulk your meals out with plenty of veg or salad :)

Back