Thinking of starting Atkins... help please??? :)

Lozzy Gozzy

Silver Member
Heyyy everyone!! :)

Well I've done pretty well so far, gone from 19st to top end of 11st by calorie counting, but I'm at that point where I think it could all start piling on because I've started to binge eat!! :rolleyes:

I'm really good at cutting things out of my diet, I haven't had crisps or chocolate in nearly 3 years, I gave up bread and sweets for a long time, as well as other things, so I'm thinking I'd be able to cut out carbs...

So, was wondering... how do I get started on this diet??

What can I eat/can't I eat??

Basically... what's the general jist of the Atkins diet pretty pleeeeeease?? :)

Oh, and of course does it work?? :p

Thankyouuuuuuuuuu! :)

It definatly works, when I tried it before I lost quite a lot quite quick! But its important you do all the stages of the diet,(I didn't) and I piled it all back on! I'm starting atkins tomorrow!can't wait, iv lost 22lbs on weight watchers but its gets boring and I too started binging, think its boredem! I would definatly give it a go hun, cutting out the carbs can be quite hard but if u have enough time to prepare foods then ull stick to it, the last time I did this diet I used to make my omlettes the night before and then heat them before work the next day( I'm not great at getting up and cooking aha) and iv just done a weeks worth of cheeseburger pie which I'm going to freeze and reheat at work this week, get reading up on the diet on the net, and all the girls on here seem really helpfull! Goodluck babe xxxx

Well done on your weight loss so far. Wow 3 years with no crisps or chocolate. That is amazing. You have some amount of will power. Hope you like Atkins. Jim's sticky is the best place to start.

Good luck.

Hiya! :wave_cry: Second that on the sticky up top, and in fact all the stickies there - that's where I started off. And deffo get the book for reference, although Jim summarises it pretty well in the 'thinking of starting' sticky. And don't forget to drink plenty of water!

You have done so amazingly well Lozzy, hope you love Atkins like we all do! :)

welcome and well done you for losing that weight!! amazing.
yes as everyone says, stickies are the best, and also 'what are we eating today' thread is always good for ideas too x

Hi Lozzy and welcome, sorry I've been away so wasn't here to answer.

Back