Thinking of starting cambridge diet

Woohoo appointment tomorrow officially starting cambridge diet tomorrow :D x any tips on soups and shakes which taste nice? Xx

Yay exciting! I personally didn't like the soups and for the past few weeks I have been sticking to 2 chocolate mint shakes a day and 1 maple and pecan porridge which I love. The chocolate shake is lovely too. I wasn't a huge fan of the fruity flavoured shakes but my mum loves them so I guess it's good to get a selection in your first week and then you can tailor it to the flavours you like in the following weeks :) xx

Thanks!! I was thinking that just replacing soups with shakes! Do they keep you fuller for longer shakes than the soup? So excited to see my weight drop! x

I think so, I found with shakes you can add more water so they last longer etc, and I love them with ice! So yummy x

Yeah sometimes or just have ice cubes in it :) and I can imagine, I was excited to start too! Let us know how it goes tomorrow :) xx

It's fine! And nothing more than walking, I find I get light-headed quite easily on this diet so don't want to push it :)

Ohh okay I'm on my 3rd wk of doing insanity and gym may have to give that a rest :/ .. Iv been advised I will be on porridge soup and shake only 3 packs a day that's all :/ so gathering I will be light headed :( xx

Yeah it is advised to not do anything more than gentle walking etc for the first couple of weeks until your body gets used to the lack of calories, however I've been on the diet for almost 6 weeks now and I still get light-headed sometimes! Xx

Light walking it shall be! Lol x have you lost lots in the 6wks of doing cd? I want to get down to 11st would be a bonus before my holiday in 8wks ! My goal is 10st 7lbs cause that is my ideal healthy weight range then go lighter hopefully!! Just want to look good on holiday and not feel fat and horrible and not enjoy myself! Xx

I've lost 18lbs which I am very happy about :) my aim is to be around 9st so have just one stone and a bit left to go. It is a great diet for seeing quick results. Hope today goes well! Xx

Well done :D that's amazing!! Have u stuck the diet 100%? My consultant been and gone and shes lovely says she will send inspirational texts etc which is a bonus!! I'm 12st 7.2lbs so hoping to be in 10st range by middle of June for holiday here's hoping!! Just having original porridge not too sure about it but if it help lose weight needs to be eating! I have to do ss hopefully I don't get any of the side effects explained by consultant :p xx

When I did Cambridge yrs ago I alternated each day between s&s and s&s+ my weight losses were still brilliant. So if your having really bad day that egg or chicken or fish and salad will help you get through the day without giving up. Good luck your be at target by then.

Don't exercise on just SS your weight will stall else, some people do exercise on SS+, you could just do toning floor exercises that will help, I do 1 hr toning exercises 3 times per week, think its called the bikini body. It's not a work out but it will help you lose inches and firm up those muscles. I've noticed a difference doing this when I'm nor dieting so with this diet the results will be great and quick.

Well done :D that's amazing!! Have u stuck the diet 100%? My consultant been and gone and shes lovely says she will send inspirational texts etc which is a bonus!! I'm 12st 7.2lbs so hoping to be in 10st range by middle of June for holiday here's hoping!! Just having original porridge not too sure about it but if it help lose weight needs to be eating! I have to do ss hopefully I don't get any of the side effects explained by consultant :p xx

Thank you! No, had an unplanned one week break over Easter which I obviously regret but as I'm at Uni normally and I was at home for Easter there were so many more temptations! 100% back on track now and the weight has kept coming off which is nice. And that's good, it really helps having a good consultant! I haven't actually tried the original porridge but the other two flavours are quite nice, particularly maple and pecan in my opinion :) let us know how the rest of the day goes, I found day 1 wasn't too bad so hopefully it's not for you either! Xx

Thank you! No, had an unplanned one week break over Easter which I obviously regret but as I'm at Uni normally and I was at home for Easter there were so many more temptations! 100% back on track now and the weight has kept coming off which is nice. And that's good, it really helps having a good consultant! I haven't actually tried the original porridge but the other two flavours are quite nice, particularly maple and pecan in my opinion :) let us know how the rest of the day goes, I found day 1 wasn't too bad so hopefully it's not for you either! Xx

That's good! Well done that's amazing I don't think I could return if a cheated I would end up off the rails and wont beable to get back on if I did! original was okay by plain but edible. Thank you going so far so good is it only 4litres a day of water are we allowed more? Xx

Hi I'm exactly like you!! Struggling at getting bellow twelve stone 9 and in ten weeks I'm going to a wedding and want to lose two stone!!

Xx

Thank you, it was hard but I just decided I needed to finish what I started! Yeah I think you can have more but there are no additional weight loss benefits I don't think (not very clued up on this though). That's good, I found days 3, 4 and 5 quite hard but you just have to stick to it. It definitely gets easier xx

Back