Thinking of starting Rosemary Conley

HMurphy

Hi, I'm thinking of starting RC in the next two weeks. I have two weeks worth of Exante I am trying to use up to kick start me and then I want to diet eating food for a change so that I hopefully don't put it on again. Just wondering what is different about RC compared to WW. I can't seem to get on with WW or SW as I don't loose the weight and I am thinking if I have to weigh food and count calories it may help me loose.

This is a very quite and small site compared to others so I wondering how sucessful RC is??? Any good results out there??

Any advice or help would be great. Thank you.

Hi and welcome!

Yes it is a little quiet on here unfortunately, I don't really know why, perhaps RC isn't as marketed as the other two, I don't know. There are two classes I typically go to, one is very quiet, one is really busy so even within the club it varies!

The reason I prefer RC is that you count calories and watch fat content and it's so much easier to find that information than syns and points. Also I used to overeat the free food with SW and that didn't work for me at all!

If you pick up a RC magazine you'll find the same mega weight loss stories as in the other club mags, personally I lost a stone in 2.5 months, that's with birthdays, holidays, a friends hen weekend and wedding along the way. I've never felt deprived, every time I have had a gain I know why, I honestly couldn't say the same when that happened at SW which I found frustrating.

A key part is to plan, something I've been a bit lax with over the last week but I will get back to it, probably after the weigh in wake up call! I also think it's important to stay within the 5% fat rule, some have said they don't bother with it but I tend to find that if I go over slightly with calories but have stayed under the fat rule I've still had losses.

Good luck! x

Hi Ange S thank you so much. I have got a magazine and it does sound good although the stories in these magazines always make me laugh, but good inspriation. I think like you are I no good with free foods or anything that suggests I can eat as much as you like, I'm a little piggy so counting calories sounds good. When I did SW about a year ago I put on 10lbs in four weeks!!

I will keep looking on this site for ideas until I start in a couple of weeks. The whole RC diet makes total sense to me and a lot more controlled than WW or SW.

thanks again. x

Hi HMurphy, I have been following the RC Solo Slim diet using the pre-prepared meal packs along with fruit and veg accompaniments and it has been working really well so far and haven't felt too much like i'm on a diet. The ready made meals are all calorie counted and its great to come in from work and know u only need to boil some potatoes/ carrots etc..and your good to go. (i just buy simple meals that are easy to cook for my other half).

I have been on it for 2 weeks now and i have lost 8 1/4lbs and feeling quite good about it. I haven't done any exercise but know i will need to start soon to keep the weight coming off as i need to loose quite a bit!

In the past i have done WW and used my points on food that was not really good for you and probably overate the free food- i used to eat a whole punnet of grapes during the course of a working day as well as large lunches and other free fruit- now i'm on 12 grapes a day for a mid morning snack.

I also followed Lighter Life Lite and although i lost 3st in 15 weeks i have to say i have put all that weight and more back on. I've been tempted to go back on it but have realized it doesn't work and doesn't make me happy- it made me miserable and felt like i had no life.

I only wish i could attend an RC class - i am just writing down everyday what i eat plus the calories and weigh in on a Monday with the help of my other half! I also have the RC magic measure and i love it- i can see already ive lost 5cm from my waist, 2 1/2cm from hips and 3cm from my bust! its a great gadget - you don't always lose pounds but with this its a good indicator of the cm/inches you are loosing.

RC is working for me and im sure it will for you too!

Hi, Victoriac, thank you. I have defiantly made up my mind to do RC, I've only got another 2 week's of Exante to use up then I'll start. I did LL in 2009 to and put it all on again within 12 months. RC sounds really controlled which is what I need. I too over eat on fruit and other free foods and conveniently forget they have calories!! I would interested to get some solo slims as a standby in my work days. I think Boots sell them so I'll go and have a look at.them. thanks for your helpful advice. :) x

Hiya, im also thinking of joining a class 2morrow but im really nervous! Im going it alone and i know when i step on them scales it'l be the end of the world lol so i need to find the motivation to stick to this so im hoping to make some new friends on here and mayby in the classes..? :) x

I think most of us are a bit nervous joining a new class but there's usually no need! And it won't be the end of the world when you get on the scales, no-one will know the numbers except you and the person weighing you, totally confidential. You're taking the first step and when you see that first week weight loss you'll know you've done the right thing :)

Hi ange, i know i shouldnt worry but i just get so blooming nervous lol. I am excited though and looking forward the class :) do you go to the classes? X

ilovefood<3 said:
Hi ange, i know i shouldnt worry but i just get so blooming nervous lol. I am excited though and looking forward the class :) do you go to the classes? X

I do go to class, sounds like school! I enjoy it though and the motivational talks are good. Good luck :)

Funnily enough it was in a primary school sports hall lol :) i quite enjoyed myself tonight and the exercise took away the shock of the scales! Plenty of bedtime reading to do :)

Back