Thinking of starting WW

Wishbird007

Gold Member
Hi
I am currently trying to loose a stone so far I have lost half a stone on Slim Fast but I slowed down loosing it so come off for 2 wks to calories count n c wot they wud do which is nothing so far but I have missed my food lol x
I go to the gym 5-6 a wk n am starting to tone up n loose inches so I'm on the right track but I wud like to know if WW works for ppl.
And any advice n basics to WW to get me started please.
I hope I can get outta the habit of counting cals n count points instead x
Thanks in advance
X

I think WW is a great program because nothing is off limits, it teaches portion sizes and moderation rather than strict eating habits which personally makes me crave things and binge more. I've just started, I'm a week in and I love the new pro points system, I tried the old discover program a few years back which worked too... But like I said nothing is off limits and if you make the right choices I promise you will never be hungry! Fruit is 0pp and most vegetables too (but not starches like potatoes and things). Took me a few days to get in the swing of things but I think I have a handle on it and I'm looking forward to a big loss this week. I think its really important to weigh out everything that you're cooking to make sure you know exactly how much you're eating. It might sound like a bit of a pain but it adds maybe an extra 2 minutes to your cooking time and it will teach you portion control.

Meetings are really easy to find but if you're not into the weekly meetings you can also join ww online and it has a recipe builder to let you calculate how many points are in meals you cook from scratch. If you're not signing up to meetings or joining online you the resources on here and the internet in general are brilliant. You can search to figure out how many propoints you should be on, just be wary some calculators on the web are completely out of whack, one told me I should be on 39 points a day and i double checked it (a few days later :( ) and I should have been on 29. Also every one gets 49 points to use through the week and you get extra points when you work out.

Thats all the info I can think to give at the moment, but if you have any questions there's always some one here willing to help :)

Might as well give it a shot, nothing to lose but fat! :)

I've just started WW and i LOVE it. You can have whatever you want, just need to record everything. It's also teaching me portion control which is sooo important!!

Hi
Thanks ladies for ur advice!
I have started today! My points allowance are 22!
Decided to do old WW rather than propoints.
Will keep u updated! First day today, went ok x

Back