Thinking of starting

Are the kits you can buy just the same as the ones you get when you join up? I was thinking of joining for a month just to get all the books and stuff then cancelling haha :p

yes they are the same you cant even buy the delux kit at ww meetings.

ooh I dint see the delux kit they're a good price! do they have the book of points for all food? I might just buy this instead of joining

You can get all the things on the WW site at meetings (including the deluxe kit ;) ) It might be worth joining just for a couple of weeks to get the basic stuff and stock up anything you need. You get free registration so a weeks
membership is probably cheaper than P&P will be from the online shop :)

You dont get the folders and things that you get when you join when you buy online. Theyre sometimes handy to have just to get you up to speed on the 'rules'

yeah I might join next week for a month, all I really want is the book of points so i know how many points is in food and to know how many points i need per day so as long as i have all that info I'll be good :)

Even if you go for one week you get the folder with the basics plus the leader will go over the plan with you. You can then buy the Shopping Guide, Eating out Book & Calculator at the shop in class and thats it youre all set.

If you havent done WW before personally Id do that rather than order online. Cost wise itll be around the same but you at least get the official books and a chance to speak to the class leader :)

I think going to the meetings for a few weeks would help me too, stop me from being naughty hehe! how much are all the eating out books and stuff bought from the meetings? sorry i keep asking so many questions lol:eek:

They're the same price i believe---according to others on here. I've never been to a meeting and never joined online i did it all by myself and have lost 2 stone in 11 weeks :) very do-able but some need the discipline of a meeting.

Yes thats what i need, at least for the first few weeks anyway. I'm everso naughty when it comes to diets!!!! I need a kick up the bum or something!:whoopass: haha

Hehe right i've decided I'm gonna join next week! how do i do it? just ring the main weight watchers number and book into the meeting i want?

Hi Kerry

No need to book the meeting just check on the ww web site and go along. I need the meetings for now myself so try them and see how you get on. Its a good time to join with the free registration. I joined with monthly pass and paid £13 for the first month and got a copy of the eating out and shopping books free. Check out at the class which is the best way for you - they are very friendly.

Good luck anyway

Hey! Like someone has already mentioned, you can't really rush WW, some people lose 1lb a week, others 3 / 4 etc! i find it depends on how much weight you have to lose etc really, but like Starlight has stated the average is half a stone a month :) It's an amazing program, you can get books off ebay etc, and many links on here will give you an idea of points for different things, also there are online calculators that work out points for you, and also phone applications etc, but i think the best thing would be to either buy a tracker on ebay or a calculator like Starlight has suggested! :)

you don't need to spend a fortune on going to meetings or doing it online, but if you feel this will motivate you more and keep you focused then go for it! :)

Can I change which meeting I go to? ie: if i sign up at one next wed, can i then go along to a different one the following monday? Its just the one I want to go to is on mondays but theres also one on a wed at a different place in my area and thats when i get paid so would prefer to join up then if that makes sense lol

hmmm I might just go to the one on weds, I can't wait much longer hehe! Its not too much further to walk lol, not far from my gym either i could go there after!! lol
I'm only going to the meetings for a few weeks anyway so dont suppose it really matters where i go!:)

There is a voucher on website that can print out which gives you free registration and meeting. Valid till 3rd April I think. I joined this morning and didnt cost me anything. Got books and bought the deluxe kit in class for £19.95. Not planning to go back as have everying I need now to go it alone.

Back