thinking of starting??

BikiniBum

Hi everyone, I am thinking of starting Dukan and was just wondering if I could ask a few questions.... I am looking to lose about a stone & a half, I was wondering roughly how long this would take me? Also how do you guys cope without carbs? I tried Atkins a few years ago and felt lightheaded all the time so I stopped, I figured this was down to lack of carbs but maybe it was something else? Do you still have lots of energy on this diet? Xx

Hi BB... can I ask how tall you are and what your current weight is - and even how old you are (because you might be aiming low, and that'd take longer of course - have you been onto the official Dukan website to calculate your "true weight"? it takes into account the above factors, number of diets you've done, kids, etc. All these things which makes a low weight harder for us to stabilise.

If you eat sufficient protein, you won't feel giddy. We do eat carbs on Dukan, more than you'd think (I input my menus into My Fitness Pal, and come out at about 40g on a Pure Protein day and 60-65g on a Protein/Veg day). The oatbran we eat daily, which is carby... and some of the carby veg which are allowed once a day (every other day after Attack) too.

Once in Cruise phase, I'm full of energy. The Attack phase, getting into ketosis, can be more tiring...

Check out our menus to see what we're eating. All are in Cruise phase, but attack for 3 days should get you going nicely.

I am currently 10 stone 2lb and I'm 5'4" and 28( really must fill my profile in when I can get on a computer)!!
I've just got my book and am having a read as we speak but it always seems better getting some info from people that are actually doing it right now!
I didn't realise that it would be that many carbs still on a protein day...that's brill if it's going to keep me from feeling woozy! So basically if were getting enough protein we won't have any problems? I think part of my problem before was not drinking enough water too xx

Your BMI is actually in the "normal" range now, I expect you know, but I guess you want it lower...

Yes drinking plenty of water is important.

Perhaps you weren't eating enough food? With this diet, peculiarly, the more protein we eat, the better seemingly we lose. (Some swear by the days they consume an entire chicken over the day! No skin of course!).

Happy reading :)

This sounds like my kind of diet! Going to give it a good crack starting tomorrow I think. Thank you for your advice xx

hey hun

im 5ft 4 and currently 10 st 2 ....ive lost 5 stone over the last few months on dukan .....
I dont get light headed if i do i eat more thats the great thing about the diet ...you can eat ...I am one of the whole chicken girls lol and its true i lose loads on a good chicken week

Wow 5 stone in a few months is absolutely amazing, you must have some real will power. I've been reading some really good stuff on here about this diet so fingers crossed I can kick my butt into gear and get losing 2! x

i am the worst for will power , but this diet seems to be doable getthrough the attack and you will be fine xx

Hi there -

I think the water drinking also helps with lightheadedness - on long afternoon at work, when we have a rush on and I'm dashing about from desk to desk to phone to fax to printer I sometimes find my glass stays full, and then I start to feel light headed. Water and some zero fat greek yogurt seems to fix that in minutes.

Personally found I had a small energy boost on this diet, which was an unexpected bonus.

Back