***THINNER BY THE HOUR THURSDAY***

I'm moving up to SS+ too, as I've been working out at the gym a lot, and feel my body needs more calories and protein.

Yesterday I had:
(breaky)Porridge
(lunch)Bar
(dinner) cottage cheese with chilli sprinkles and cracked pepper, with some cruncy iceberg lettuce
(dessert) choc mint mousse

Feel great, and energised today!

I think I must have lost my 4 stone very slowly then, because 8lbs in a month seems great to me!

xxx

It is still good, but I would expect that loss if I was 100% sticking to Weightwatchers and doing some light exercise. I would expect more than that from CD, and I think most people expect to lose more than 8lb. We are only having like 415kcal a day after all, and no food. In my initial meeting I was told the average would be 1 stone per month. Now sure if I lost only 11lb or 12lb one month out of the three I planned to do I wouldn't be gutted, but I would be under what the councillors reckon you can lose, so would be hoping for the full 14lb the following month.

If I am 100% honest, if the councillor told me the diet gives people a 8lb per month average weight loss, I would not have done it. Too expensive if you don't see drastic results. I want to be in the 10's for my holiday.

Of course in the case of the original poster, she has already lost lots and lots of weight, so her body is probably being a bit stubborn and trying to slow her down, but she will prob have a good loss next week or the week after. I am just trying to sympathise with her because I know if it were me I would feel the same. The odd 2lb is ok when it is mixed in amongst higher losses, but I would be hoping for a 4 or 5lb to follow a couple of 2's. :D

It is still good, but I would expect that loss if I was 100% sticking to Weightwatchers and doing some light exercise. I would expect more than that from CD, and I think most people expect to lose more than 8lb. We are only having like 415kcal a day after all, and no food. In my initial meeting I was told the average would be 1 stone per month. Now sure if I lost only 11lb or 12lb one month out of the three I planned to do I wouldn't be gutted, but I would be under what the councillors reckon you can lose, so would be hoping for the full 14lb the following month.

If I am 100% honest, if the councillor told me the diet gives people a 8lb per month average weight loss, I would not have done it. Too expensive if you don't see drastic results. I want to be in the 10's for my holiday.

Of course in the case of the original poster, she has already lost lots and lots of weight, so her body is probably being a bit stubborn and trying to slow her down, but she will prob have a good loss next week or the week after. I am just trying to sympathise with her because I know if it were me I would feel the same. The odd 2lb is ok when it is mixed in amongst higher losses, but I would be hoping for a 4 or 5lb to follow a couple of 2's. :D
i understand how some feel but if you look at my overall loss I have lost a stone a month. Im over 3 st down from week 1 so really Im happy, the issue for me is that I just hope I start to pick up a little heading toward this next month. If i reach a drop of another stone for week 16 then I will be happy.hopefully. 8lbs is a good loss but should be more.

Hi all,
I am now on Day 2 of Cambridge diet, 1st day was'nt soo bad but the Spicy Tomato soup was Horrendous. I have just had my porridge this morning and i am going to have a Chocolate Orange shake for my dinner. I start work at 2, till 10 so i might try the chicken & mushroom soup..any comments on the C&M soup. Hope you all av a nice day..and good luck on your weightlosses..:)

Shane

Just got the "Calorie, Carb, and Fat Bible",( looking far ahead into the future for when i can do maintanance). Has just about everything you need in it. WOW, great book

Hi guys, dont get me wrong, just to clear things up, normally i would be well happy with a 2lb loss but I have only lost 6 lbs in 3 weeks and 2 more makes 8lbs in a month. Most of that has been ss not +. So Im getting a little confused at this point really,10-12 lbs i could accept but.....?

How are your inches going, W&G?

How are your inches going, W&G?
Inches are reducing no doubt but everything has slowed down. Im ok with it so far, just hope that it doesnt continue into the next 4 weeks, you know. for now Im down , but dealing with it. thanks for asking:)

Welland, the book tip sounds fab. I need something like that!

Angela, Castle Douglas (locally known as CD, hee hee!) is very near to me... yay!!! Hope the sun shines on you!

xxx

I went into my local Smiths last week to look for that book (actually it was 2 weeks ago, time flies) and came out with a Collins gem Calorie Counter book instead as it was cheaper, had all the cals, protein, carbs, fat and fibre content of soooo many foods and comes in a little size that fits in your handbag.... it is absolutely fab, and was only £3.99, definately a must have buy for after your finish Cambridge. They also did a carb counter one too, but the calorie one had all the protein carb etc amounts and was thicker, so decided it must have more in.... lol

Its funny how we plan so far ahead for these things! must be a good thing, ayy? But one thing is for sure, I am never gonna let myself be 7 st over weight again!!! H*LL NO!!

Thanks both of you... will look out for either/both. I am useless... one thing I DIDN'T have prepared was a book like this, and starting to see that it's kind of essential right now! I have no clue what I am eating cal-wise, so could be easily overshooting or under. May be a week before I can actually get up to a city, but meanwhile will use a cal website to check on values. Thanks.

xxx

:( Up 2 lbs.

CDC said its probably more from my binge yesterday than from the 810 week. Really going to try to stay off the scales this week and stick 100% to SS,no nibbling, this has made me realise that maintenence is where the real hard work will start! Then after WI I just let it all go to s**t and binged before heading home,wont go into details as Im too ashamed.

Think I'll really try to stay busy the next few days while I get back into ketosis, decided just to take shakes for this week and took the ones I like hot so i can see me spliting alot of my packs to get me through.

dont fret angela, you blipped, but you will get through it. We are here for you. Take it as a lesson learned hun...your doing fine. keep going (((((hugs)))))

Big hugs Angela. It's so hard, but we've all been there - Welland is right, try to see it as a learning experience & don't let it get to you. Onwards and upwards.

xxx

Aw sweetie - been there, done that, do try and get back on as soon as possible and not turn it into a series of blips like I did. Much harder to get back on track proper.

In other news, I've Got to the stage I get hubby to "babysit" me around food etc in the kitchen to stop me picking atm, just can't seem to do it for the last few days, but getting better.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, back on it now- got the minister coming to discus DS christening any minute so he'll be here for a while then another 1/2 shake then off to bed, roll on tomorrow and hope getting back into ketosis goes as smoothly and quickly as possible!

Hey people has been busy on here today.....

Cd Ireland contacted me and said I start training on SAT to become a cdc!! YEAH!!

Oh Denise you are going to be so fab as a CDC - may even consider moving to Irealand so you can be mine xxx

Morning all......
Hope everyone has a good 100% day today, I am taking the boys to nursery soon then off to buy some more jeans I seem to be going through 2 pairs a month and then they are just hanging on me.

and isnt that just a great feeling well done you xxx

Morning guys! Sounds like you all have busy days lined up! Had a good first day yesterday, with loads of comments already at work- my trousers were just so baggy that by the end of the day they kept falling down! And they're elasticated!:D

thats great news aswell - get used to it will happen often like Curly says usually on a fortnightly or 3wk basis xxx

Morning all,

Not had a great start to the day. Woke up to find a horrid message via pm on minimins. But hey ho.

I've had a funny week. I've been on a course with 'lunch provided' - a gorgeous buffet, so I have been doing some walking whilst having a tetra during my breaks.

I was furious on Tuesday. I had my shake in the fridge (place told to put lunches) it comes to lunchtime and someone had nabbed my tetra!!! I wrote on the board about it being a 'meal replacement' diet drink that is costly - £1.90 per shake. At the end of the day £2 had been celotaped to the whiteboard under my message with the words "oops sorry" ! lol Quite comical how people will steal things that aren't theres.

Have a good day everyone,Hugs x x x

Emma firstly I was laughing when I first read about someone nicking your tetra the bloody cheek of it but then I got angry thinking how dare they!!! at least thay gave the money towards it. I think I would have gone back into the training and made a big scene as Im not great when Im hungry and now 18 weeks in and my tolerance levels arethrought the floor so I probably would have gone up like a bottle of pop

but secondly I would be reporting the nasty PM, as this whole site is meant to be supportive not giving anyone else abuse or horrible messages xxx

Ive lost .25 today and stayed the same yesterday and now just teetering over 12 stone so cant wait for the next number to come up will be patient and hopefully by weigh in next week will be 11 stone something. xxx

wont be long and you will be there chick xxx

Sun shining again... taking mum to town first thing for shopping, then after lunch will settle down to work... that's the plan, anyway! Hope everyone has a great day.
xxx

hope you have had a nice day KC xxx

Morning everyone, hope you all have a good day.
Had a bad day at work yesterday but person concerned is not in for next two days so bit of a weight lifted today.
I've not been sleeping too well last few days and i've going to bed early enough. TOTM arrived yesterday (week early - first time thats happened) and as usual heavy and painful but hopefully will be over quick.
Still 100% but not feeling any thinner, prob due to TOTM, .
Mx

hope you are feeling a bit better xxx

I slept in through my alarm this morning so being a minger and going to uni without my morning shower (had one pre bed ) but still ugh.
Back down to 11st 11, which means got rid of the 1.5lbs put on during almost "week off". Feel V bloated though, am hopeful its hormonal.
Ah well off to argue human rights in relation to nursing at uni.

I hate sleeping in sets me in a right bad mood the rest of the day hope you had a good debate xxx

Tinka hope you doing ok xxx

Morning all, WI at 3 today so we'll see what my 810 week has done (and yesterdays, eh blip)

dont worry about the gain it will come off next week Im sure with you ssing xxx

Hey everyone. Not feeling so hot today! Need to get my holiday excess off!

Hope you are feeling better and am sure the excess holiday weight will come off soon enough xxx

I'm moving up to SS+ too, as I've been working out at the gym a lot, and feel my body needs more calories and protein.
Feel great, and energised today!

Im always so amazed at how you manage to work out whilst on the diet and take my hat off to you Hannah xxx

Hi all,
I am now on Day 2 of Cambridge diet, 1st day was'nt soo bad but the Spicy Tomato soup was Horrendous. I have just had my porridge this morning and i am going to have a Chocolate Orange shake for my dinner. I start work at 2, till 10 so i might try the chicken & mushroom soup..any comments on the C&M soup. Hope you all av a nice day..and good luck on your weightlosses..:)

Shane

Hope you have had a good day xxx

[/QUOTE] In other news, I've Got to the stage I get hubby to "babysit" me around food etc in the kitchen to stop me picking atm, just can't seem to do it for the last few days, but getting better.[/QUOTE]

sounds like a good plan LEXIE XXX

I have had a good day had all 4 shakes and am off to bed in a mo to catch up on programmes so will be back in the morning xxx

Back