Thinning hair???

Emmielou

Sine my first time on Lipotrim I have noticed a dramatic thinning of my hair! I know I have read that LT can affect your hair but i didnt think it would be so drastic.

My mum has done some research and it turns out stress is a major factor to hair loss and I did go through some bad things last year so that could possibly be the reason, however I was just wondering if anyone else has heard or seen this purely because of LT?

I dont think it happens till after many weeks?

Temporary hair loss is one of the known affects of any TFR regime, as is stress. But it is temporary, and will reverse in time.

What the hell??!! Did NOT know that lol. Woke up today (day 2) after really struggling yesterday feeling really positive and focused. Don't wanna lose hair though!! Is it common??!

I dont know if its common. As with all the other side affects I think it depends on each individual as I didnt suffer with some of the other stuff so thats why I wondered if my loss is due to LT or because of the stress from last year. Im thinking its the latter though so wouldnt worry too much.

Its not like you lose big clumps or anything it just doesnt feel as thick.

Well done for getting through day 1! Im on day 2 today aswell!

What the hell??!! Did NOT know that lol. Woke up today (day 2) after really struggling yesterday feeling really positive and focused. Don't wanna lose hair though!! Is it common??!

Dont worry, you wont have bald patches, just slightly thinner hair (i.e. a bit more than normal will come out in the shower), nothing to stress about.

My understanding of the hair loss issue is that while doing TFR you don't shed hair for some reason so you end up with hair that feels really thick and you believe this is normal. When you go back to normal eating you shed the hair, which is only hair that you would have lost anyway. However, because you've grown accustomed to having thicker hair, when you start shedding more hair than normal and your hair therefore starts to feel thinner you think your hair is falling out. It isn't. I have recognised this myself as when I wash my hair now I end up with significantly less hair in the plughole than previously and my hair is feeling really thick. Anyway, in the end, it all sorts itself out and it doesn't even affect everyone. Don't panic. You won't end up bald.

I'm shedding hair but no more than usual... could be cos I have really fine hair.

Back