Third time lucky (I hope)! From Mumsy to 'mazing!

cupotea

Hiya! I'm Eileen and I'm 30. I'm married with three children (2, 7 and 8) and am in first year at university.

I've done SW a couple of times before and I always end up giving up! But this has been a big year of change for me and so I'm hoping I'll have the determination to stick at it and actually see a difference.

I've been a veggie for years (about 20!) and so I always stick to green days.

Please say hi if you pop in! Comments and conversation are very welcome.

Eileen ;)

New morning, new day!
Had a bit of a fail yesterday - went to Millie's Cookies on my way home and got a cookie whirl - didn't even enjoy it, it tasted burnt! So today I'm going to try and stick to plan, and cap my syns at 10.

Friday 4th November 2011 Green Day

[STRIKE]2 x hexb[/STRIKE]
[strike]2 x hexa[/strike]
[strike]10 syns[/strike]

Breakfast 2 x choc/caramel hifi's (1 hexb) and a banana

Lunch SW Quiche (brocolli and onion) topped with low cal cheddar (hex a), homemade SW potato salad(3 syns) and salad.
Satsuma
3 syns

Dinner Sweet potato wedges and quorn sausages

Snacks WW Yogurt and an apple
2 x melba toasts (1/2 syn ea), scrape of low fat cheese spread (2 syns) and tomatoes.
3 syns

SupperHighlights hot choc and slice of toast (2 syns)

Last edited:
5lb is a great first loss :)

Hello Cupotea!!!

Like you I have tried and gave up at slimming world a few times. At least this time you seem to have the right mind set!! we are both hopefully on the right path now!!! I too try to have between 5 and no more than 10 syns per day!! Good luck with your journey and well done on your weight loss so far!!

Thanks for the encouragement! I really hope this time I stick to it but I think you are right, it is about mindset and I've made a lot of big changes this year so hopefully this will be part of that.

Best of luck, I'm trying SW after years of half heartidly trying to lose weight but never really getting far. Determined this time and plan on sticking with SW to get to my target!x

Best of luck, I'm trying SW after years of half heartidly trying to lose weight but never really getting far. Determined this time and plan on sticking with SW to get to my target!x
Yep I'm the same - good luck with your journey, hope you manage to stick to it! I'm the same though, over the years have tried this and that and never really managing to do very much! Hopefully this time my head is in a better place for it though - definitely feel quite determined this time!

Feel like yesterday went well, I used all my healthy extra's which I sometimes struggle to.
Tonight I'm spending the evening with my sisters - having a wee qni/girly night. One is on SW with me and the other has done it before so the plan is to have lots of healthy snacks however if I go over my syns I'm not going to beat myself up about it. I might have a go at the flexi-syns thing. Am I right in saying I just set myself a limit on syns over the normal 5-15 and stick to that instead?

Saturday 5th November 2011
Green Day:checkmark green:

[STRIKE]2 x hexb[/STRIKE] 1 x hexb
[strike]2 x hexa[/strike] 1 x hexa
10 syns

Breakfast SW Fry Up: 2 x Quorn sausages, 2 x fried eggs, fried tomatoes, 1 slice wholemeal toast
1 x hexb

Lunch Beetroot and Feta salad
1 x hexa
Spicey sweet potato soup (VERY spicey - mouth burny!)

Dinner

Snacks
Plum, banana, satsuma

Exercise
2.12 km/1.32mi run/18 mins

Last edited:
Just in from a run - actually feel amazing after it! Never thought I'd say that about running but there you go. Still slow but a definite improvement from last weekend.

Not had the best weekend. After an ok Saturday morning I went out at night and had a few pints of cider. But Sunday I was in uni library studying and ate terribly! A whole bag of m+s jelly babies! *shame* and loads of bread too. Ah well. Back on it today!

Monday 7th November 2011

2 x hexb
2 x hexa
[strike]10 syns[/strike]

Breakfast nothing

Lunch Baked Potato, beans and cucumber and tomato salad. Banana. Mandarin Muller Lite.

Dinner 1 x Quorn peppered steak, boiled potatoes, carrots, brocolli, green beans

Snacks 2 x bags Cadbury toffee crunch mini fingers (12 syns)

In the midst of essay writing and stressed to my eyeballs about it so to be honest not the best day food wise. Taking a rest day exercise wise but planning to go out for a run tomorrow at some point and if my 30 day shred DVD comes I'll try and fit that in too.

Tuesday 8th November 2011

[strike]2 x hexb[/strike] 1 x hexb
[strike]2 x hexa[/strike]
[strike]10 syns[/strike] 6 syns

Breakfast Bran flakes, ss milk and banana.
1 x hex a, 1 x hex b

Lunch Pilau Savoury Rice, Asda Chickpea Dahl, fat free plain yoghurt, mixed salad

Dinner Quorn bolognese and pasta

Snacks Highlights hot choc
2 syns
3 x mini babybel light
1 x hexa and 2 syns

Last edited:
well I don't know how I did it but I managed to lose 3.5lbs tonight, taking my total to 8.5, meaning I got my first 1/2 stone award and as a bonus - slimmer of the week!!!

cupotea said:
well I don't know how I did it but I managed to lose 3.5lbs tonight, taking my total to 8.5, meaning I got my first 1/2 stone award and as a bonus - slimmer of the week!!!

Well done xxx

Thanks for the encouragement!

Had a couple of rubbishy days foodwise on Thurs and Fri topped off with *a lot* of wine on Friday night but on Saturday morning my 30 day shred dvd arrived so I'm hoping being good for the rest of the week until WI on Wednesday combined with some extra exercise will help me minimise the damage.

So I'm just about to do day 2 of the 30DS and then if I'm able I'm going to do a wee 20 min run.

What a terrible week! I have WI tonight and I'll be lucky if I STS, however I am resolving no matter what the scales show tonight I'm back on plan 100%. I really think I need to remember to do good diaries, they definitely help keep me on the straight and narrow.

Well as suspected I gained 1.5lb tonight. Not surprised at all, but not letting it get me down. I still have my half stone achievement (just) and this has hopefully given me the kick up the backside I needed. My plan this week:
keep food diaries all week
try and do 30 day shred every day
go for a run twice this week

And I'm going to aim for a 2lb loss.

Not eaten a great deal today as getting over a migraine from yesterday and so my appetite is practically non-existant, but anyway:

B: Banana
L: Nothing
D: Tomato Pasta, Tiger roll
Snacks: none

Try and get a foo diary going and I hope u feel better xx

Back