Third Time's A Charm...

Hey youngun! Sorry I can't believe I didn't realise u had a food diary, silly me :) xx

Hey guys! Glad to have some new friends over here haha :) Thanks Summer! I'm sllightly obsessed with taking pictures of my food now, so expect more haha! :p

Just had an amazing snack of a meringue (2.5 syns), squirty cream (0.5 syns) and grapes :D YUM!

Meringue, Cream and Grapes.jpg

Squirty cream is amazing Jen!! It's 0.5syns for 2 tbsp of the normal one so I have no idea how to syn the lighter stuff! Xx

Squirty cream is amazing Jen!! It's 0.5syns for 2 tbsp of the normal one so I have no idea how to syn the lighter stuff! Xx

Light aerosol cream is 0.5 syns for 3 tbsp :) Not much of a difference, really! x

Another thing for my list then, so much I don't know after 7 months lol

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Do they last longer than a normal tub? Hubby wouldn't touch the stuff so would just be me using it

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Yeah, it lasts for ages I think... We usually use about 1 a month. I put it on hot choc then feels like a proper treat :)

Thanks Laura! Good to know :) xx

Having an odd day today, feel like crying all the time! Watched the NTA from last night and cried at the clips from Doctor Who and the Olympics haha... What the hell is wrong with me?! NEED to go to the doctors and get myself sorted out with the pill etc because if this is another period coming on (sorry for TMI haha!) then this is the third/fourth this month :( Sick and tired of it now!

Anyway, it's also meaning I'm craving all things bad, especially the cherry pie that my dad bought yesterday that's sitting in the kitchen just calling to me! Trying to be good and avoid it, especially as it's WI tomorrow morning, but might try and find a syn value for a tiny tiny slice to see if that calms my cravings :) Also have leftovers of my couscous and salmon from yesterday thank god, so off to dish that up for lunch which will hopefully distract me for a good while! Not sure what I'll be having for dinner yet, but will update later :)

24/1/13

Breakfast - Mushroom and ham omlette/mess! With tomato sauce (put 1tbsp on the plate but only had half so 0.5 syns).

Lunch - Sweet chilli salmon (1.5 syns) with vegetable couscous (1.5 syns).

Dinner - Smoked salmon, potato salad (1 syns - made with FF greek yoghurt, paprika, red onion, mustard powder and about 3/4 tbsp salad cream), gherkin, pickled onion.

Snacks - 2x coffee with 20ml milk (1/2 HexA), fairy cake (4 syns), chocolate cookie (6.5 syns).

Syns - 14

Last edited:
Ah Laura! I hear ya on the sweet cravings! I'm getting better I think my cold turkey choc has worked as its def less and less, been havjng more fruit and seems to be working. Poor u and the totm, it's so depressing, I was so down over summer about mine, it made my skin so bad and I had horrible greasy hair, not what you want at 28 :( hope the doctor sorts u out xx

Charl, wish I was strong enough to go cold turkey with chocolate haha! I go through phases of loving it then hating it, so hopefully I'll stop loving it again soon :p Ah it is so depressing! It's all little things but it all adds up and when your hormones are everywhere anyway, makes you feel even worse! Can't stop crying lately haha! Yup, need to see the doctor... Cringe! :(

Hey Emmy! Welcome, and thanks - I need all the support I can get haha!

Managed to lose 5lbs this week so I'm ecstatic :D Think some of it is weight I lost last week but it didn't show cause of TOTM, but regardless I feel good about it! Means I'm back down to my original goal of 11st with only 1 stone left to lose! Very happy :D

Having a day off plan today - I know some people say not to do this, but I seem to manage and still lose, but this will be my trial week - if I still lose next week after having today off plan then I might continue to have WI day off :) Some of the things I'm looking forward to enjoying today - white bread and cinnamon rolls haha! And alcohol! Yum :) Won't post food diary on here today as it'll just be terrible and full of bad things, but am around to chat and will be back to posting my diary tomorrow! :D x

Ok, so after yesterday's big blow out I'm back on it today! Having a good food day, I think! Looking forward to my dinner and making some cakes for this evening too :)

26/1/13

Breakfast - 3 bacon medallions, lots of mushrooms, 'fried' egg, potato cake (0.5 syns) and 1/2 tbsp tomato sauce (0.5 syns).

Lunch - Had a late breakfast so 'lunch' was just a bowl of muesli (35g HexB) with 85ml whole milk (1/2 HexA) with a bowl of blueberries.

Dinner - EL mince burger with onion, thyme, paprika, garlic, chilli and 15g cheddar (1/2 HexA) in it, potato wedges (3 syns for oil) and a salad of cucumber, spring onion, beetroot, radish and tomato with a tbsp tomato sauce (1 syn).

Snacks - 2 SW carrot cakes (3 syns).

Syns - 8 today - 8/105 weekly

Last edited:
I'm quite impressed with myself today! I went to the cinema this morning for a free preview of Wreck it Ralph I'd managed to get tickets to and didn't once stray from the saintly water and grapes I'd bought in with me! I don't think I have ever managed to do that yet since being on SW, so it was quite an achievement :) I came straight home afterwards (despite hunger gnawing at me and various bakeries, chocolate shops etc surrounding me!) and put together some lunch which I'm just about to go eat - quark and sweet chilli sauce stuffed chicken breast wrapped in bacon, with crispy potatoes (SW style!) green beans and some gravy :D Yum!

I'm going to a coffee shop later for a book club meeting so will have to watch myself again whilst there - going to treat myself to up to 2 coffees with milk (haven't had a HexA yet so that's covered) but stay away from cakes! Wish me luck...

27/1/13

Breakfast - Leftover wedges (1 syn for oil and I know this isn't the best breakfast but I was in a rush!).

Lunch - Chicken breast stuffed with 1tbsp quark and 1/3 tbsp sweet chilli sauce (0.5 syns) with crispy potatoes, green beans and gravy (0.5 syns).

Dinner - Chicken, mushroom and spinach potato topped pie (1/2 HexA for light soft cheese).

Snacks - 1 carrot cake (1.5 syns), 3 Ritz crackers (3 syns), coffee with milk (Half HexA?), meringue nest (2.5 syns).

Syns - 6.5 today - 14.5/105 weekly

Last edited:
Woooo congrats on losing the 5lbs thats amazing!!!!! :D Sorry I have been MIA been super busy! I hope all is going well, sounds like you are doing fantastically though! :D xx

Aw thanks :D I was pretty happy haha! Yeah, I did wonder where you'd got to but I have a lot of friends who go to uni so I assumed it was the usual bogged down with work :p Yup, still going strong, thank god! How are you doing?? xx

So I managed to survive the coffee shop experience! Had one small coffee with milk which I'll count as half a HexA, though it was definitely less... Going to make a potato topped pie for dinner, just got to get in the kitchen and get cooking, that's the worst bit! Once I'm started it'll be fine :) Had a really nice evening though at my book club - was the first time we'd ever met each other but it was really nice to have intelligent conversations for an hour or two! We decided on a book to read, so once I'm finished with my Game of Thrones books I'll give that a try :) x

Ooh meant to add to that as well - the sweeteners I got at the coffee shop were canderel ones - the kind that you press a button and the little tablet comes out - and it was amazing! Best sweetener I've ever tried and definitely what I'm going to buy next! Tasted almost like sugar! Yum :)

Ooh meant to add to that as well - the sweeteners I got at the coffee shop were canderel ones - the kind that you press a button and the little tablet comes out - and it was amazing! Best sweetener I've ever tried and definitely what I'm going to buy next! Tasted almost like sugar! Yum :)

I use the ones from lidl I think cheap as chips and. No bitter aftertaste x well done on a great day honey x

Back