Third WI, Broken Scales and the Wendie Plan

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by sharkbait1983, 30 July 2010 Social URL.

1. sharkbait1983

sharkbait1983 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Vintage Points
    Hi All,
    I purchased some new scales yesterday as my dad popped round last night and weighed on my old ones and it was completely different from the scales at the doctor! (I am talking more than a few pounds which cannot be accounted for by water retention) Which means that the weight I believe I have lost is probably a bit more than what I have posted on here. I cannot change my details as I have no idea what my real weight was when I started WW a couple of weeks ago.

So had my third WI (on the new scales) this morning and lost 1 pound! The weight is coming off slowly but I prefer it that way! I have a year to get to goal so plenty of time!

Also was wondering if any of you have done The Wendie Plan - one of my mates is doing it this week and has shown me the points she is allowed - there is a superhigh day where she has to eat 34 points - 10 points over her normal points allowance?! Is this right?!

Hope you are all having good weeks!

Onwards and Downwards
    Sharkbait1983 x
    :p:p:p

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    The Wendie plan :mad: yes encourages you to eat way under your points some days and way over it others.

If youre trying it just remember its not an official WW plan, it was made up by some female called Wendie.

Im thinking of making one up too and calling it after myself and encouraging people to have weeks where they eat nothing but chocolate.

4. Hippngrvy

Hippngrvy Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(21.43%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    Hi there; I kinda do the Wendie plan in that on weigh day Tuesday I always eat 10 pts extra, which I simply deduct off the rest of the week, then on a Saturday I have extra points taken from a Sunday, and on a sunday I have an ultra low day - it stops me getting bloated the day before weigh in, and I concentrate on upping my fluid intake even more than usual... It works for me as there are definitely days when I could eat a horse, and others where cereal, salad and pasta are more than enough... probably most people do it in their own way when they have a binge and then save some points to cover it.... :D

5. mommyB

mommyB love it

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.87%)
    The wendie plan is meant for weeks when you have a party or something so you can enjoy yourself and pull it back in an organised fashion- I alos know people who have used it just to boost their metabolism.
    I did it a couple of times when i've had social things coming up , once i still lost and once i sts but probably would've gained on a normal week-but who knows !!

6. Shabba

Shabba Loves the Nom Nom!!!

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(11.84%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers PP
    Pmsl oh I like it!!

I'm also not a fan of the wendi plan. Ww teaches you to control hunger and eat balanced meals and snacks, the wendi plan says to hell with it, gorge one day, starve the next!
    Where's the responsible eating habits in that?

7. vanda

vanda plodding away

Start Weight:
    19st5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(5.17%)
    Diet:
    faffing about
    Yes I'm with Shabba & Starlight on this. I dont think the Wendy plan encourages a healthy attitude to weight loss at all. Although I can understand the need to cut back if you have a blow out or go over points too much, the Wendy plan encourges you to go too low. But on the other hand it works for some people

8. sharkbait1983

sharkbait1983 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Vintage Points
    hello all - thanks for all of your replies. I am not doing the Wendie Plan - the SuperHigh day scares me!! My mate is struggling on her Super Low Day today but says she is going to stick with it and see if it makes a difference at WI!

I am happy sticking to my allocated 26 points!

Sharkbait1983 x
    :p:p:p

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.