Thirdtimelucky's LLL Journey

Totally agree Min xx

All good on LLL today and wanted to make a note of the fact that my nerves when it comes to presenting in front of people at work has or is subsiding, which is a trigger for me. The nervousness in my stomach makes me oh so hungry......but I have taken control...I think...

Just read on the September Starters thread that Yoyo has reached a bit of a crossroads. Did'nt think it was appropriate to give her advice as this is her choice, but hope she considers Lite. It is definatley the way forward and I would'nt be surprised that in the future abstinence was less popular that Lite and Lite was offered to those above BMI of 30ish.

Well have to say that sitting with my son and OH for dinner now is a real joy and this is not something I have appreciated in the past. The banter makes me laugh and I enjoy eating without the guilt and embarrasment I used to feel. Embarrasment for the large portion that was on my plate and guilt that aswell as the large portion, I had eat another sitting of food whilst preparing the meal!! Unbelievable when you analysis how much I was consuming. No wonder my wieght was always on the increase.

LLL protein portions are suprisingly big, I have mentioned the Quorn portion before, but it seems that chicken and cottage cheese also look large on the plate. So now that I can visually see what the LLL guide is, my plan is to eat a bit less than this until my body lets me know it wants more. Really getting to grips with what my body is telling my mind. After dinner, I had a pudding craving which lasted all of 30 seconds. I let it come and then let it go......pretty similar to wanting a cigarette and then letting the craving go away.

Food Diary - Tuesday, 18th Nov 09
3 packs (porridge, 2 x veg soups)
Roasted Chicken, Cherry Toms, Grilled Green Pepper & Red cabbage
Water - just under 2 I think....still need to up it.
Mood - postive and focused. Lots of strokes from the girls at work today, which made me smile inside

I hope I am not over doing it on the veg. Will see what WI brings tomorrow. If there is no loss then it can only be the veg that is the problem. Not keen on weighing everything, so will make the adjustment visually.

Well off to bed now, as tiredness also makes me reach for a nibble.....xx

Congrats 3XL (oh, that does not abbreviate well) --

On sticking with your LLL and resisting temptation and ignoring others' judgement. The next time Choc Lady at work looks at you as if you are insane to pass on the empty calories, you could just say, "Nothing tastes as good to me as being thin does."

MM

"Nothing tastes as good to me as being thin does."

If that is said that can actually go completely the wrong way... We are all sensitive creatures, so we need to be careful what we say to each other, and that comment *could* in theory come out sounding really mean.
Being polite about it and usually just saying 'I don't really want any' is sufficient. It's not like anyone's goingt o force the chocolate down you or interrogate you why you didn't take one!

:)

And I totally agree 3rdTime: we never did completely realise how much unecessary food we were consuming during the day! The amount of times (in the past) when I'd nibble all the way through preparing dinner, and then serving myself the world's largest portion and then having pudding too! ... makes me cringe now.
As for portion size, I actually bought myself a smaller plate, one inbetween a small side and large dinner plate, and it's perfect. ... though sometimes I still feel it's on the big side! :)

Hi Minerva,

It probably would sound mean... but then carrying on about "how much someone is missing out on something" isn't very kind either. But, you are right "turning the other cheek" is how I was raised.

MM

Had WI - YeeHaa...2.88lbs!
Food Diary - 3 x Packs (2 x Porridge + Chicken Soup)
Beef + Cherry Toms and Mushrooms

Had enough of Chicken Soup now, used to be my favorite.

I am amazed that my weightloss was this amount and I can eat healthy food.....Love Lite! Not expecting this every week, but helps me to my mini xmas goal of 23lbs.

Wanted to write a bit about strokes and how bad I am at taking them. People are now starting to discuss my weightloss openly and have been extremley nice and complimentary.....however, my response is "thank you, but.....I have a long way to go" or I follow it with another but........

Think this means I need to learn how to take a compliment, so going to try next time just to say, thank you and no more than that.

Hi 3rdTL,

It is hard to take a compliment, esp. when we have spent so much time "apologising" for being less than what society views as ideal. I used to do the same, now I miss the compliments. lol It did not take very long for people getting used to "new size" me, and I have met people who never knew I was much heavier. So, try to enjoy the positive attention -- and when the "you're getting too thin" comments start, and they will -- try to remember that they are comparing to newer sized you to the previous one, and just focus on a healthy BMI. If people start saying this to me again (I suspect they will as I get close to a 22 BMI, I am going say, "Thanks, I am looking to be healthy not skinny."

MM

Last edited:
Well...talking about compliments, I went to see some of my family that live quite a way away, so dont see them that often. Not one of them mentioned how much weight I had lost, but only lectured me on how it wasnt right and to top it off, teased me with one of the cakes on the dinner table. At one point, one of them pushed the plate under my nose and said....go on, you know you want to.....I was shocked. So I responded by saying that in my diet class you are what is known as a feeder! He didnt like that very much. It was a very difficult situation and kind of wish that I had not taken the trip there.

Anyways, I did and learnt that people will go to great lengths to sabotage and spoil what is so important to us, without too much thought for the consequences. This has made me even more determined to continue. All the adults in my family are overweight and maybe they dont like the fact that I am beginning to be the odd one out.

I am due to visit there again just before xmas, so should be nearly a stone lighter....hope so.....

There you go...

Well...talking about compliments, I went to see some of my family that live quite a way away, so dont see them that often. Not one of them mentioned how much weight I had lost, but only lectured me on how it wasnt right and to top it off, teased me with one of the cakes on the dinner table. At one point, one of them pushed the plate under my nose and said....go on, you know you want to.....I was shocked. So I responded by saying that in my diet class you are what is known as a feeder! He didnt like that very much. It was a very difficult situation and kind of wish that I had not taken the trip there.

Anyways, I did and learnt that people will go to great lengths to sabotage and spoil what is so important to us, without too much thought for the consequences. This has made me even more determined to continue. All the adults in my family are overweight and maybe they dont like the fact that I am beginning to be the odd one out.

I am due to visit there again just before xmas, so should be nearly a stone lighter....hope so.....

There you go... 3rdXLucky,

They resent the fact that you have the courage to do something about being overweight and they have not. You go girl, and do what is right and best for you! And, when you see them again at Christmas (and looking and feeling good, as you will) -- should they try the same b.s. -- call them on it. Say to them, "Don't you want me to be healthy and happy? And, haven't you ever heard, 'If you can't say something nice, then say nothing.'" Ask them to be supportive: the way families ought to be for each other.
And, if that doesn't work -- well, unfortunately, we can choose our friends, but not our families -- and contact your Minimins family. We are proud of you!

MM

Hi all, I am back. Took some time off to deal with other stuff. Will be beginning the programme again tomorrow. Cant wait. Gonna get weighed tomorrow and check the damage lol. Then back to it!

Cant wait! Will be setting some new targets tomorrow.

Got lots of reading to do to catch up on everyones news and stories. Hope you all had a fab christmas xxx

Had my weigh in today. Have put 7 pounds on, so will try my hardest to get rid of that this week. Will be some xmas excess and water, so nothing to worry about.

I have butterflies in my tummy today. In 12 weeks, I should be back to my old self. It is amazing that it has taken me 10 years to get to this point so 12 weeks is nothing.

Love this diet!

Day 4: have lost 2 kilos already by my scales. Up through the night back and forth to the loo, so early to bed tonight to catch up on the zzzzzz's.

Yesterday the death breath arrived and also the headache. Got through without taking a pain killer so it was a mild one. Have a tonsil which feels tender though, so will need to keep an eye on that.

Had a porridge already. Must get to work! Speak soon xx

Back