Total Solution This has to be it!

So here we go with day 11. Had a bit of a wobble this morning. Was buttering my son's toast and the smell and the heat and the melting butter really got to me and I was so tempted to stick another couple of slices in the toaster for me. Resisted but I could have cried. Have had my first shake now and am feeling OK. Aiming to see if I can manage a day without my ham fix.

So here we go with day 11. Had a bit of a wobble this morning. Was buttering my son's toast and the smell and the heat and the melting butter really got to me and I was so tempted to stick another couple of slices in the toaster for me. Resisted but I could have cried. Have had my first shake now and am feeling OK. Aiming to see if I can manage a day without my ham fix.

Well done!!! Thats fantastic will power - you should be very proud of yourself :)

Well done for resisting! Toast is my weakness too! It's the smell of it isn't it?!

I'm cheering for you on a no ham day! :)

At home today and the weather is foul. Really grey, windy, cold and rainy. Not feeling hungry but it's the kind of weather where I'd usually eat something lovely and hot just to make myself feel better. What's that all about? Eating to make myself feel better because it's raining. Madness. Have put on the TV and 'Obese; a year to save my life' is on. There is a 40 year old lady on who's 5'6", same as me, and weighs 25 stone. Hearing her interviewed and looking at her in her underwear (that was brave) I feel so sorry for her. But it's made me even more determined to get a grip. The way my weight has been creeping up I could easily be 20 stone in another few years and where does it stop?

Well done on resisting the toast, excellent will power xx

Well done Cate. Its horrid here too. Have you tried the Shepherds pie today x

Day 11

9.00am - shake 600mls
10.30am - black coffee 350mls
12.00pm - sparkling water 500mls
1.00pm - bar
Afternoon - 600mls of water
7.30pm - mushroom risotto made with 200mls water, added slice of ham and small amount of fresh grated parmesan
Evening - 600mls water

Not a bad day but still not 100%. The risotto was OK and definitely the most filling of all the meals so far. Probably comes in second place to the chilli but all the meals have a slightly weird taste to them. Managed 10 minutes on my rebounder after being shouted at by James as if he was one of those trainers of the Biggest Loser! I stopped because the backs of my calves were hurting, not because I was out of breath. Obviously some long unused muscles complaining. Will get up a bit earlier in the morning and do some more. Aim to build up to 30 mins a day which is what I used to do. James has also said he wants to start doing an exercise DVD with me. I've agreed so I can't see him letting me get out of that if tonight's performance was anything to go by. What have I let myself in for??? But at least he'll keep me accountable.

Realised it was week since James came in and asked me if I wanted a chocolate fest, munching on his Easter egg while we watched the Kardashians, our guilty pleasure. I refused, of course, but it was just another of those little 'oh, that was a week ago; that's gone quick' moments. The time is passing and I am shrinking, even if I can't really feel or see it yet. I just know it's happening; it can't not be.

Here to subscribe and follow your journey! You're doing fab, I can absolutely relate to everything you have written too xx

Lovely and sunny here today but quite windy and not warm but after the greyness of the past few days it's good to see the sun. Definitely brightens my mood. So, didn't get up and do my rebounder this morning but James was nagging me about doing it today and, to be honest, now that I've been on it the once, even if it was only for 10 mins, it will be easier to do it again. Had to negotiate the toast gauntlet again but absolutely no wobble today. It's the weather. This morning I'm trying something different. I've had a coffee but I've used a dessert spoon of the vanilla shake as whitener. I know lots of people do this but I wasn't sure I'd like it as I'm not a fan of flavoured coffee which is why I've only used 1/3 of the pack so the taste isn't too strong, and I put extra coffee in too, and it's really quite nice. Nicer than having black coffee. I've probably got another two coffees worth of shake left. So, will have another coffee mid morning, a bar at lunchtime, my third coffee mid afternoon and then my shepherd's pie for dinner. I can then have a bouillon in the evening if I need to and keep taking on the water too. Wishing you all a great day. :)

Last edited:
Sounds like a good plan Cate! :D

Hope it is nice and relaxing for you today!

Today I have a very cold nose and a 'ketosis' taste in my mouth. But the vanilla shake in coffee plan is working well. Had my two coffees this morning and then my bar about 2pm, although I didn't really need it as wasn't feeling hungry, and I still have one coffee's worth of shake left plus my meal. Good day so far. :)

That's good then that you aren't hungry :)
Ugh, I have ketosis mouth too and it's nasty, was hoping brushing teeth and mouthwash after each pack would help but no!

That's a good idea with the vanilla shake in your coffee. Glad you're having a good day!

Glad u discovered the vanilla shake and coffee combo :)

I know what u mean about toast. I have to dish 30 pieces out every morning in class :-/

Tough isn't it! X

Well done on having a go at some exercise Cate, Every bit helps & like you say once you start you will want to do it more x

Well done for getting on the rebounder & well done to James for encouraging you, think I might need to borrow him when I go to the gym to push me on :D x

Day 12

9.00am - coffee with 1/3 vanilla shake pack 320mls
11.00am - ditto
Sipping 500mls sparkling water
2.00pm - bar
7.30pm - Coke Zero 330mls
8.00pm - 1/3 vanilla shake 200mls
9.00pm - bar
Evening - more water to ensure minimum 2 litres

A very positive day. No real hunger pangs at all. Really pleased to have discovered I like the vanilla shake in coffee. Just another variation that really helps. Took mum to Morrison's this evening to do her shopping and although I had to stand there at the salad bar and look at all those pasta, rice and bean salads as she made her selection it really wasn't a problem. Got home and have just made a shepherd's pie for James' dinner when he gets back from football. I know he'll be starving so that's in the oven now. I bought some Coke Zero in Morrison's as it was half price. I never have fizzy drinks in the house usually. This is because I had a real Diet Coke addiction in my late 30s until I realised how bad it is for you. I went cold turkey and how I very rarely drink them and I won't have them in the house as I don't want James to think they're an 'everyday' drink although he is allowed them when we're out. But, on this diet they're just offer another choice if I need it. I've stashed them away so James can't find them or they'll be gone before I know it. LOL. I've also bought some powdered gelatine to make the caramel and choc mint shakes into mousse. Looking forward to seeing how that turns out. Hopefully something like Angel Delight. It got to 8.00pm and I knew I wouldn't have more coffee so just made up the last third of the shake with water. It's 8.45pm now and I'm really not hungry but will have another bar at about 9.00am. James has just got back and doesn't want the shepherd's pie. Gary, the dad who gave him a lift, took James and his son to McDonald's on the way home. Typical, but I suppose at least it's made now and can be put in the fridge for tomorrow or Sunday. This is going to be a 100% day - I just know it. :) Going to catch up with all your diaries now.

I love how you plan out your days TC! And record when you've had things, I enjoy reading how you've gotten on and it's always typical when you make a nice dinner it's not wanted but at least you can store it for another day.

I think it will be a 100% day for you too! It's almost over and you've done so well :)

Sounds like a good day - well done :)

Back