Total Solution This has to be it!

I'm not supposed to be weighing daily but after weighing on Wednesday after the disappointment of my official Monday weigh in and realising I only had 1lb to go to lose a stone I couldn't resist and so got on the scales this morning and I'm there. One stone gone in 18 days. So I have today and the weekend to drop another 2lbs to reach my first goal of getting to 16st. I have to be 100% every day, drink lots of water and DO SOME EXERCISE!!!!! (That's me shouting at myself). Can't wait to be in the 15s!!

Hurray cate. Fabulous achievement. Delighted for you. Keep at it girl.

Well done Cate! That's great news, hope that gives you the boost you need to be 100% this weekend :)

I'm not supposed to be weighing daily but after weighing on Wednesday after the disappointment of my official Monday weigh in and realising I only had 1lb to go to lose a stone I couldn't resist and so got on the scales this morning and I'm there. One stone gone in 18 days. So I have today and the weekend to drop another 2lbs to reach my first goal of getting to 16st. I have to be 100% every day, drink lots of water and DO SOME EXERCISE!!!!! (That's me shouting at myself). Can't wait to be in the 15s!!

Woo hoo! Well done! That's fantastic! I'm a pound off a stone lost now :)

That's brilliant Cate & more incentive to stay on track xx

Come on Cate you can do it!

Hurray to being a stone down, you're doing great :) x

Hi Cate, well done. You're doing so well!

Gorgeous day here today. Had a meeting in a local pub garden this morning about a football festival our team is organising for September. Just had a black coffee. Then went to a school fete with a friend, her kids and James and stayed away from the hotdogs and ice creams. Took a sparkling water with me. Now a crowd of us have decided to go back to the pub this evening to watch the FA Cup Final. The pub are doing a BBQ, everyone's going to be drinking. Not really bothered about not drinking but do I have a bar before I go or shall I have a low carb meal there? I really want to have a meal there. Have only had one pack today so far and am just having a bit of vanilla shake in a coffee so could have a salad or salmon and veg or something. I've got half an hour to decide while I'm at home bringing in the washing.

Depends whether you feel confidant about getting back on track tomorrow Cate. If you can then good for you. Enjoy yourself whatever you decide to do :D x

I don't think I'll have a problem getting back on track. I'm going to take a bar with me, see what's on the menu and gauge how I feel when I'm up there. If I decide there's nothing there worth it or that will keep me in ketosis then I'll stick to my bar.

Good idea. Wouldn't it be nice if the weather was like this most of the year xx

So I had two soda waters and a black coffee and a chicken caesar salad and picked out the croutons. So no carbs. I'm just about to have half a bar and another coffee with a spoonful of vanilla shake as am feeling a bit hungry now and then get the ironing done before bed. James is off to the beach tomorrow with April, her husband and their boys so I have a day to myself. Have a few jobs to be getting on with: cleaning the car (inside; never do the outside); plant up some hanging baskets; swap over my and James' summer/winter clothes; wash the kitchen floor and hallway floors; typing up the minutes from this morning's meeting re. the football festival; coffee with a girlfriend but she can come up here and we can chat while I'm planting. If I could get all that done I'd be a very happy woman this time tomorrow evening.

Sounds like a plan for tomorrow. Fingers crossed for another great day

Hi Cate. You're doing so well - cruising along!

Well, day didn't go entirely to plan as beach was cancelled so James has been here all day, lolling about like Cleopatra on her death bed moaning about being bored and generally getting in my way and on my nerves. Kids! So managed to do the wardrobe swap. Realised that James has far fewer clothes than I thought. He is growing so fast. I, on the other hand have far too many clothes but unfortunately most of them don't fit me. For about the third year on the trot I've hung things in my wardrobe, still with their size 14 labels on, vowing to be in them at some point during the summer only to find myself putting them away again at the end of the summer having never been worn because I still can't fit into them. And while I have all these size 14s for the 'fantasy' me, the real me continues to get by on a couple of pairs of jeans, one pair of black work trousers, a few cheap T-shirts, a couple of blouses and a couple of cardigans because I won't buy clothes in a size 18 unless I absolutely have to. But no more. I WILL be in my 14s by the end of this summer. Only another 3 stone to go to get there - so about mid August. Taking it one day, one week, one month and one stone at a time.

I'm the same Cate, refuse to buy any new clothes so stick with the same old stuff till I can get into the smaller sizes that are over flowing in my wardrobe.

It needs to happen soon cos my old clothes are starting to look a bit the worse for wear now lol. Its a good thing I have to wear uniforms for work xx

Amen sister!

I spent the whole day doing a wardrobe overhaul yesterday. I've removed the sizes that are too small and big and decided to buy new when I get smaller. They have been hanging in my wardrobe soo long that they have gone out of fashion!

Have a nice day :) x

So day 22, week three weigh in and no surprises. I am a total of 4lbs down this week. Taken as a week's loss I am really pleased with that. But I was 3lbs down on Wednesday and another 1lb down on Friday so in three days the scales haven't moved and in five days they've only moved by 1lb. I mustn't get sucked into this daily weighing lark. If I had weighed this morning to have found I'd dropped 4lbs in a week I'd have been thrilled. As it is I'm a tiny bit peeved that I'm the same weight today as I was on Friday. Anyway, 4lbs off is nothing to sniffed at. I have officially lost 1st in three weeks and am hoping that by next week I will have reached my first goal of 16st. My jeans are definitely feeling looser around the waist and I have a wardrobe full of smaller summer clothes waiting for me to shrink into them. So week four, I really must start exercising and I must try my hardest to cut out the cheats, even though they are low carb. Just realised that if I wanted I could have this as a food week but I'm not going to as I haven't been 100%. And no weighing until next Monday!!!!!

Last edited:
Back