Total Solution This has to be it!

Hi Moonlight, nice to hear from you. That's the thing with this; you really have to be in the right frame of mind to get started and keep going for long enough for it to become (almost) routine. I've lost track of the times I started and managed a few days or even a couple of weeks only to give up. This is the first time since I first VLCD'd in 2011 that I've managed to stick with it and now I'm absolutely determined that I won't be giving up until I get to goal although I might change method and jump over to JUDDD at some point. Just keep lurking on the sidelines and hopefully you'll get re-inspired. :)

At the end of the day, a loss is a loss, is a loss. You're not gaining and that's the most important thing.

Re the cheats. . . . Are you on TS? Do you think switching onto the TS plus (the one where you can have an extra 100 cals/day) would help control the cheats, i.e. they're planned (and something to look forward to and motivation for not spontaneously cheating). For me, it's all about control and if I start to cheat, I don't know there'd be any stopping! Then after a week or so, try again on the TS. Just a thought.

Loved the rose analogy, will no doubt come back to that over the coming months!

Last edited:
Well done Cate, you're consistently losing so that counts for a lot x

A steady loss is good! Well done Cate. 2lb a week is a stone in 7 weeks!

Hi Cate, congratulations on losing 2 stone, you look fab in your new picture! Well done on being brave enough to go out and meet new people, sounds like fun. I was in your neck of the woods at the weekend, did you see me wave to you from the M4?

Cate 2 stone is an amazing number. Well done you x

Hi Cate, you look amazing in the picture and definitely not 52! Well done on your loss :-D 2lbs is great!

Really like the quote you put on....really inspiring xx

Sounds like what I do......

I was in your neck of the woods at the weekend, did you see me wave to you from the M4?

Almost! I'm not too far off the M4. Pop in for coffee next time, black of course or with a teaspoon of vanilla shake. :)

Hi Cate, how's today going xx

Have felt very tired today. Had a bar with black coffee for breakfast as have run out of my vanilla packs but can't really justify buying anything else right now as have so many other things here. Might try and swap a few flavours for some vanillas on the FB swapsie site. At lunch I ended up having cream crackers with cheese - six in total - and then I had one of those very small bags of mini cheddars!! Why??? Because James was playing in a cricket tournament today and I put some in his packed lunch this morning and they'd been calling to me from the cupboard ever since. Now I know this isn't good BUT I only had one pack and in the past I would easily have eaten four. Not really hungry now but will have a shake in a bit. Day in the office tomorrow so that should be a good one. At least I always drink lots of water when I'm in the office.

Aw Cate, it must be hard when you have to keep snacks in the house. Constant temptation but as you say you were able to limit the Cheddars so that's an achievement of its own.

Good idea to still have the shake as it may stop you from getting hungry as the evening goes on plus I find if I have the packs it deters me from eating something else as I always think that I've wasted the money by eating other stuff x

Immense willpower for only have one bag. well done. I'd eat one bag, but the bags I eat are usually sold with the contents neatly divided into 6 smaller bags... ;)

Immense willpower for only have one bag. well done. I'd eat one bag, but the bags I eat are usually sold with the contents neatly divided into 6 smaller bags... ;)

LOL. That's definitely been me in the past, Lux. Would usually have at least four. I've been trying not to have Mini Cheddars in the house because I like them so much - them and beef and plain hula hoops are my crisp vices - but James wanted them as he's getting bored of the pickled onion Monster Munch. I buy them because I know I won't touch them. Hope you've had a good day. :)

Aw Cate, it must be hard when you have to keep snacks in the house. Constant temptation but as you say you were able to limit the Cheddars so that's an achievement of its own.

I usually try to have only the snacks I know I won't eat in the house, like pickled onion Monster Munch, but James getting a bit fed up with them and wanted something different. Grrrrrr!!!

Just bought 16 vanilla shakes off the Exante FB swap site for £16 plus postage of £3.80 so pleased with that. I only have to suffer black coffee for a few more days. :)

You really are doing so well

Back