This is fab!

airyfairy

Hi all,
I have been food optimising for nearly a year and just stumbled on this site whilst looking for syn values for Rainbow Drops, I love them they take me right back to the 80's when I could fit into a skinny pair of jeans and my legs not look like sausages!:D
I think the support on here is brill and I think it will help me with my mission to get to target. The tips alone are worth their weight in gold.
Had a bad bad bad week so far but spurred on by everyone here.
I am hindered by an underactive thyroid and arthritis but am soldiering on (anyone out there with the same would love to hear from you).
I will try to keep an account of my progress and hope that I may inspire someone the way you guys have inspired me!! Well done everyone!!! XXX:D

Welcome to minimins, AiryFairy! You sound so positive. Im really looking forward to following how you get on. Best of luck x

Hi All,

Thank you so much for your replies; weigh in tonight!!! Have to say I really really don't want to go - pretty sure I have gained but will see how I get on. Will keep you posted...

Welcome!
Best of luck with your weigh in, I hope it goes well.

Good luck with your weigh in, AiryFairy x

Morning everyone;
Well last night I gained a pound - not unexpected at all esp after the scone scandal yesterday, stayed for meeting which was really important to me so I could get a bit of motivation; everyone was really supportive and we had a debate on chocolate - do you only buy what you want when you want it and go for a lighter syn option or do you keep a stock of lighter syn options or do you have what you want to satisfy yourself and move on!!!
I am exploring all three; at the moment I have my mummy box where I keep lowish syn treats that I can dib into but then the temptation's always there, I am always tempted by the sweeties near the tills when I'm shopping (why do they do that don't they know I'm at SW) I am not sure what the answer is....Answers on a postcard please!

I am always tempted by the sweeties near the tills when I'm shopping (why do they do that don't they know I'm at SW) I am not sure what the answer is....Answers on a postcard please!

I succumbed to this yesterday while doing our food shopping. I bought a bag of giant buttons. Honestly, they jumped into my hands :eek:, took me hostage and made me buy them. I only ate 2 though and gave the rest to my 23 month old. :D

I have three kids, so there are always treats in the house. I was keeping a biscuit tin with alpen lights etc for me to snack on, but I've had to give them up as they were giving me a dodgy tummy. It's so hard to resist the choccy :cry:

Best of luck for the week ahead. :)

Thank you - I am so glad its not just me who keeps getting attacked by chocolate. We constantly have treats in our house - I have a 21 month old, so there is always temptation around the corner, plus the left overs from his meals, how many syns in half a fish finger!
So far so good. Stuck to plan today; even had superspeed soup for lunch, hurrah!:D

Keep on swimming....

Three days since last post and I am still 'on plan'.
Dead proud of myself as I did some baking yesterday and managed to resist eating the cake mix!!:D
I've also written everything down and kept my synnage within the limits.
I think the SW fairy has been and sprinkled some determination dust on me; hope it lasts as my name suggests I can be a bit waffy with the plan - its taken me a year to lose 1 and a half stone! Still a dripping tap still fills a bucket!!!
Weigh in in Wednesday and hoping for a loss XXX

airyfairy said:
Hi all,
I have been food optimising for nearly a year and just stumbled on this site whilst looking for syn values for Rainbow Drops, I love them they take me right back to the 80's when I could fit into a skinny pair of jeans and my legs not look like sausages!:D
I think the support on here is brill and I think it will help me with my mission to get to target. The tips alone are worth their weight in gold.
Had a bad bad bad week so far but spurred on by everyone here.
I am hindered by an underactive thyroid and arthritis but am soldiering on (anyone out there with the same would love to hear from you).
I will try to keep an account of my progress and hope that I may inspire someone the way you guys have inspired me!! Well done everyone!!! XXX:D

Hello, can I ask what symptoms u had for underactive thyroid? I'm going to the docs on wed to ask about whether I may have it x

Hi Jodie,
I developed an underactive thyroid after having my son which is quite common after pregnancy, although not all women think that its is their thyroid they as they are so knackered from being a new mum! so many go undiagnosed for years - like my mum.

I had classic symptoms of an underactive thyroid which for me were:

Tiredness - somedays I could not get out of bed and had no interest in my son - i thought initially I was suffering from post natal depression. Generally feeling like you are losing it...

Losing my hair - for me the most horrible symptom - loads of my hair fell out when I washed it or brushed it. Even loss of body hair!!!(too much information!):eek:

Weight gain - i was food optimising at home on line and the weight loss stopped and despite breastfeeding I was gaining 2-3 pound a week. And then my milk dried up which was really distressing.

Dry skin- my hands looked like old ladies hands and my face was really dry which was very unusual for me.

Hard, cracked skin on your feet, puffy face, changes in the texture of your skin.

The list goes on really but those are the main ones; and if you think you might have an underactive thyroid do mention to your doc because it only takes a blood test to diagnose and is really easily treated, it takes a few weeks to get on the right dose of medication for you and in most cases it is for life but within weeks you feel back to normal, and I have grown my hair back - thank god!!.
Hope all goes well with your appointment. Good Luck !x

airyfairy said:
Hi Jodie,
I developed an underactive thyroid after having my son which is quite common after pregnancy, although not all women think that its is their thyroid they as they are so knackered from being a new mum! so many go undiagnosed for years - like my mum.

I had classic symptoms of an underactive thyroid which for me were:

Tiredness - somedays I could not get out of bed and had no interest in my son - i thought initially I was suffering from post natal depression. Generally feeling like you are losing it...

Losing my hair - for me the most horrible symptom - loads of my hair fell out when I washed it or brushed it. Even loss of body hair!!!(too much information!):eek:

Weight gain - i was food optimising at home on line and the weight loss stopped and despite breastfeeding I was gaining 2-3 pound a week. And then my milk dried up which was really distressing.

Dry skin- my hands looked like old ladies hands and my face was really dry which was very unusual for me.

Hard, cracked skin on your feet, puffy face, changes in the texture of your skin.

The list goes on really but those are the main ones; and if you think you might have an underactive thyroid do mention to your doc because it only takes a blood test to diagnose and is really easily treated, it takes a few weeks to get on the right dose of medication for you and in most cases it is for life but within weeks you feel back to normal, and I have grown my hair back - thank god!!.
Hope all goes well with your appointment. Good Luck !x

Ty for that very detailed reply. These are my symptoms, tiredness constantly, I still need afternoon naps(funnily enough since I had my 30 month old daughter) face peeling, even behind my eyebrows, bits of dandruff, hair has thinned, mine has snapped so bad I have a part fringe now which I have to clip to the side. And I've put on a stone which I've really struggled to shift. What does the medication do for you?

Hi Airyfairy :) You sound a bubbly person to be around :D

I can empathise with the under-active thyroid. As well as my mum having it, my eldest daughter will do soon. At the moment she has Graves disease, a form of over active thyroid. Her thyroid is going to be removed next month and her doctor has advised she get into the habit of eating healthily before it's removed so she has joined me. It's going to be hard for her as she has spent the last 5/6 years eating pretty much what she wants.

Good luck with the rest of your weight loss journey x

You're welcome, I've never used one word where 20 will do!
The thyroxine just replaces what your body (thyroid gland) no longer makes, thyroxine regulates your metabolism so that your body can cope with daily demands, so basically if your metabolism is ok the normal processes such as skin renewal, making your hair and burning your food for energy returns. I feel so much better than I did.
It does sound like you have some of the symptoms, so I would ask for your doctor to get it checked as left untreated it can only get worse and cause other problems.
Hope this helps! x

Hi Trcy1066 - thanks for that!
I am so grateful that my mum has it to be honest because if it wasn't for her I would be none the wiser and probably still struggling. Unfortunately mum has developed complications because she was undiagnosed for so long, but she's being treated now so thats good.
Best wishes to your daughter - I hope everything goes well with her thyroidectomy. If her Graves has been uncontrolled I'm sure she will feel relief when she has the op x

Still on plan!!

OMG; i am still on plan!!! If I don't lose tomorrow there is no justice.

Water x 2
B/
Had porridge (oat so simple) as usual with half SS milk and half water
Tea
Tea

L/
Pasta shapes
Asda meat free bolognese (mixy thing made with water)
Pear and raspberries
Coffee

Tea
Mini curly wurly
Mini fudge
Muller light rhubarb yog
Strawberries
Banana
Tea

T/
Steak
Jacket potatoe
Sweetcorn
Peas
Diet coke (I've used all me milk!)
Mini Curly wurly (mmmmm..)

Hurrah!
Got cheesecake out of freezer for tomorrow - weigh in night - all syns forgiven x

Back