This Is It

cactus

Gold Member
This is it - I started a diet last week and done really well for a couple of days but then 'fell off the wagon' and the end result is I am 3lb heavier. :mad: I am now starting again today at 15stone 10lb / 220lb.

I have taken some things 'on board' that other members said last week.

My plan is to:

eat 1500cal/day
1 hour treadmill or walk
no fast food/junk food/fizzy drinks

Good luck cactus :)

Once you are in the right frame of mind, it really helps doesn't it? I STS this week, am a bit gutted, but I know I stayed on track and exercised, so hoping for a better result next week!

Have a good day, I look forward to reading your progress :)..stay strong on those weekends!!! ;)

Exactly the same for me! I was doing fine until I just couldn't stop eating for 3 days and gained 3 lbs. But as you said, that's it! We'll lose those 3 lbs quickly as we gained it quickly and keep on losing more, we won't fall of the wagon again! Good luck, stay strong! =)

hey, good luck. are you calorie counting? remeber you can still have the odd take away, junk food. as long as you have less calories than 2000 (2500 for men i think)

I alway went on diets and though i wasnt aloud chocolate, take away, junk food etc. but i still have 1 glass diet coke and 1 choc bar everynight- maybe 2, or some pop corn (lots cuz its low in cal) otherwise as i have proven so many times before i wouldnt last. So remeber a little bit of what you fancy is ok.

i'm not saying this cuz i'm trying to jepordize (cant spell) your diet. i'm sayng it because i used to be exactly the same. right i'm not having this i'm not aloud to touch that. but i would think about it alllll the time and this is the only way what i found helped me, so it may help you.

This is it - I started a diet last week and done really well for a couple of days but then 'fell off the wagon' and the end result is I am 3lb heavier. :mad: I am now starting again today at 15stone 10lb / 220lb.

I have taken some things 'on board' that other members said last week.

My plan is to:

eat 1500cal/day
1 hour treadmill or walk
no fast food/junk food/fizzy drinks

It is so hard to take those first few steps and then begin.

I can relate. :wave_cry:

I'm so addicted to sodas.

Just love food/cookin'/eating in general. ;)

I'm such a Food Network Foodie and I enjoy bein' in the kitchen.

Sadly, I have not just gained weight for myself, I have made my hubby and 17 yr. old son gain as well via my cooking/baking! :eek:

*Hang in there!*

~You can do it~ ;)

Thank you rainbow rose, keepmeontrack, shazza87 and stacey73. Good point shazza - i might take a little junk food everynight and keep it within my calorie intake.

Day 1

1 Hour walk

4 cups coffee - 200cal
3 small sausages - 270cal
dilute orange - 30cal
3 yogurts - 450cal
small glass milk - 100cal
small bowl cereal - 250cal
ham - 100cal

TOTAL = 1400cal

Good first day.

Thank you rainbow rose, keepmeontrack, shazza87 and stacey73. Good point shazza - i might take a little junk food everynight and keep it within my calorie intake.

Day 1

1 Hour walk

4 cups coffee - 200cal
3 small sausages - 270cal
dilute orange - 30cal
3 yogurts - 450cal
small glass milk - 100cal
small bowl cereal - 250cal
ham - 100cal

TOTAL = 1400cal

Good first day.
Wow, Cactus, which yoghurts are they? They've used up lots of your allowance - you could have had some fruit, oatcakes, ricecakes, pasta, rice etc etc instead - or even a jaffa cake! (I think they only have 53 cals) and you :D would have enjoyed yourself in the process!

Pomooky XX

Hi pomooky - no i cant eat jaffa cakes lol - im a disaster, if i eat one ill eat them all, i just cant seem to help it. The yogurts are muller corners 150cal each

Day 2

1 Hour walk

coffee = 200cal
cereal = 400cal
2 yogurts = 300cal
2 buscuits = 200cal
cereal = 350cal
dilute orange = 50cal

TOTAL = 1500cal

Good 2nd Day.

HI Cactus
Welcome aboard the skylark:D

Please have a read of my thread, i read it the other day and omg what a mess i was in for the first 10 days.
I always try to find the easy way around something and then have to submit that it doesnt work or that i can adapt parts of my easy ways to it.

Once ive done that im fine, and it is usually the way with most things in my life.

Its all about moderation with the foods.
EG muller corners are 150 cal each and an Activia low fat is 79 Cal. Why is that, i beat if you look at the fat content its higher or the sugar.

Calorie counting is good but you wouldnt purposely put something with more fat or sugar in your diet if you have the choice to not do it, and replace that 70 calories with a bannana and an Apple.

Look at the calories you want to eat and calculate the best nutrition that you can push into it.

Take aways have variations that will stand out to you. As you become more handy at swapping and replacing things.

Im not the best dieter, but th biggest impact that will kick your diet into play is Exercise. :)

Good luck

Day 2(update)

1 Hour walk

coffee = 200cal
cereal = 400cal
2 yogurts = 300cal
2 buscuits = 200cal
cereal = 350cal
dilute orange = 50cal
curry chip = 1000cal
2 bars = 600cal
1 litre coke = 400cal

TOTAL = 3500cal

Bad 2nd Day

I cant believe it - the day was over and I had done really well, then at 11pm I went down to the chippy and shop and ended up eating another 2000cal worth food. Now I feel like sh*t.

Its ok tomorrow is another day and the day after and the day after. The wieght will stay there untill you are ready.

Next time buy the chips eat 1/4 and put the rest in the public bin.

As you walk away you will feel Odd but that then turns into a buz as you take control.

It gets easier as you realise your subconcious will accept compromise.;)

Hi There!

Firstly well done on starting your diet!
I do calorie counting too.
It's a bit worrying that you don't have any fruit or veg in your menu.
You could maybe look into more healthy plans and then you will feel full and won't even feel like dieting.
I know it's hard at first to fight your cravings and break habits but when you manage to do it you win :)
after that it's all easy peasy :)

For example I have low calorie protein (chicken, ham, quorn sausages)
with LOTS of filling veg for dinner and lunch sometimes, low calorie yoghurts (ww yoghurts are only 50 calories and compared to other non fat yoghurts very fruity and yummy) for breakfast and snacks.
Crackers are only 22 calories...pile on tomato, cucumber, ham, low calorie cheese (I'm obsessed with Laughing Cow Light at the moment :p ..it's only 25 calories and its enough for 3 crackers)
You can eat loads and be full and still have a treat as well.
Just go to the supermarket, take your time at looking at the labels and get some stuff in.
Oooh...one good thing is vegetable soup! Just boil them with a stock cube and then blend...very filling and you can freeze little portions!

How come your coffee has so much calories btw? :eek:

Anyway...good luck! We're all here to support you!

Liisa x

hi looking - i dont know whats wrong with me - i get massive urges for junk food, its nearly like a mini addiction - i am going to have to get in control

hi lisa - yeah im not a big fan of fruit and veg, i eat very little

you are right about fighting habits and cravings -

but yeah i do have vegetable soup every now and then with pure orange juice

the coffee is with a little milk and sugar - about 50cal/cup

You need to retrain your body.

If you lived on an island and all you had to eat there was apples.

After a few weeks all your body would ask for is apples.

The reason being is that is the only source that it knows is available for it to get nutrients.

Your body thinks all that is available is junk food and although very little nutrition its the only nutrition it knows.

Hope that helps.:)

i'm the same as you cactus- need more fruit n veg. but try and get my veg and fruit throught things like soups and apple juice and always have veg with main meal. love slow cooker recipes, just shove all your veg in meat and low fat meal done. oo i no what i'm having for tea tonight!

Hi cactus, the others have given you good advice. :)

I wasn't always a lover of veg, but now include it in my evening meals almost every night, it does fill you up, as does a glass of water or two during your meal, I drink small bottles of water, or pour them into a glass with ice :) I also make homemade soup it keeps hunger at bay, and I eat fruit everyday too. I post my menu every day in my diary.

Takeaways was one of my downfalls and 'helped' get me to the size I am today, with me it was habit, nothing but habit, every weekend. The aroma from a chip shop is also hard to ignore, but next time, try a bowl of cereal, or some toast at bedtime, or go have a bath or shower, or even an early night, these are all things that work for me!..the craving will pass and you will feel totally in control.

if the craving becomes unbearable, does your chip shop have a kids menu or smaller portions on the menu? If not, as LFM advised, if you need to buy them, eat some, and quickly bin them! :eek: you'll soon get fed up wasting your money on half eaten meals, and the craving might ease!!! :)

Good luck, this dieting game isn't easy as I know, but it will be so worth it!

Back